• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

OG Kush

hey guys I bought this for PC but the damn game doesn't let me edit my graphic settings as in the exact anti-aliasing, textures etc. All I can choose is low, medium, high or auto. WTF is up with this?!

tn2007

Got to play some games with gaffers today. It was pretty cool, but I wish we had some kinda voice chat. Minty, you be beasting in the jet man.

Aselith

Hey guys, everytime I try to connect to a server, it says "Game disconnected: Something went wrong" and if I try to reconnect it says it can't find the server. Anyone able to help me since their stupid program can't?

I'm guessing that it's Punkbuster problems since it's always fucking Punkbuster. Piece of shit program.

That stationary AA guy is ridiculous. I would like to meet the man behind the myth. Imagine the dedication it takes to put 150+ hours in to that.

By the way I'm new around here and am looking for more decent players to play with. Add me and say hi. :) http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/ZeeWhalezz/stats/327940184/

I don't have CQ either, usually prefer to play conquest. I play infantry, armour, and can't fly worth a shit. I'm '1 jet kill and fail to get my flares until they patched them in for free type of bad' with jets.

ACE 1991

Suprised by how quickly this game petered out for PC-GAF. Haven't really played much since a month or two past launch, but now it seems that a lot of the problems the game had are fixed. I wish I had some people to play with!

CatPee

I understand how, I'm just so horrible at it that I don't even attempt to practice. It took me a couple hours to be able to fly the heli without crashing. I'd rather be on the ground anyway. ^_^

Once you master the jet though... man. It's just so much fun raining death on enemy vehicles and bad guys running around/worthless snipers. 1700 kills and counting <3.

OG Kush

Is there a below radar for planes? I unlocked all plane unlocks on console and never noticed any difference in deterring lock ons from the engi AA gun when flying really low.
Also why is it so hard for helis/any vehicle to take out a SOFLAM? It seems like the only way to kill a soflam is with a sniper or knife.

Is there a below radar for planes? I unlocked all plane unlocks on console and never noticed any difference in deterring lock ons from the engi AA gun when flying really low.
Also why is it so hard for helis/any vehicle to take out a SOFLAM? It seems like the only way to kill a soflam is with a sniper or knife.

If the helis were made with the same stuff as the SOFLAM they would be indestructible. Nothing makes me rage more than a bugged out SOFLAM placed on a good location.

CatPee

Yea, you can unlock Below Radar for jets. I don't believe it works against laser (SOFLAM, tank seat) though.

Their hitbox is ridiculously small. You need to hit the fat upper part to damage it and most rockets are a little too far away for the splash damage to hit it.

tn2007

Once you master the jet though... man. It's just so much fun raining death on enemy vehicles and bad guys running around/worthless snipers. 1700 kills and counting <3.

Your really good in the jets and I wish I can fly like you lol. I hate unlocking all the vehicle unlocks again. It's such a pain in the ass to go up against people with reactive armor or guide missiles. Do you guys use mumble or anything to talk to each other?

tn2007

Suprised by how quickly this game petered out for PC-GAF. Haven't really played much since a month or two past launch, but now it seems that a lot of the problems the game had are fixed. I wish I had some people to play with!

What's your battlelog name? You can add me. My name is Dark_wanderer_28.

Your really good in the jets and I wish I can fly like you lol. I hate unlocking all the vehicle unlocks again. It's such a pain in the ass to go up against people with reactive armor or guide missiles. Do you guys use mumble or anything to talk to each other?

I play with a squad+ of guys with a mumble. We run shit. Send me a PM on battlelog next time and I'll send you the info. I don't want to make it public because it's not mine.

tn2007

CatPee

I took a look at that a long while back and figured it was too complex for me, so I never did try it. The current method works well enough for me anyhow.

EDIT: I also mapped Space as pitch up to do infinite turns.

tn2007

I took a look at that a long while back and figured it was too complex for me, so I never did try it. The current method works well enough for me anyhow.

EDIT: I also mapped Space as pitch up to do infinite turns.

Yeah it is a lot of work. I am gonna try your method tomorrow in some unranked servers.

http://www.flabslab.net
Tournament for the top 16 jet pilots in the world starts this Saturday.

Russian servers are the best, just ended a 54 minutes round on Métro Conquest 32vs32.

It was all &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; yet so much fun.
I think I need to lay down.

Russian servers are the best, just ended a 54 minutes round on Métro Conquest 32vs32.

It was all &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; &#1073;&#1091;&#1084; yet so much fun.
I think I need to lay down.

wat?

I won't be on tonight until midnight EST. If anyone wants to play send me a PM and I'll hook up the mumble info.

itlU7xEtNeV5E.gif
ibigNMAbFd7DII.gif

ibeSMsDKvIjiM4.gif
ilzyWroIhHQSV.gif

i8nvKruu2Ydg6.gif
ibssJVg0coBLIO.gif

Hejdlond

Is it just me or is this guy cheating?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1cx1z5HvtU

Most of the shots against the heli pilots seem to reach the destination WAY too fast, almost like there's no bullet travel.

That is some superhuman twitch sniping!

Can't wait for Armored Kill! Most vanilla servers only seem to rotate Kharg, Caspian and Firestorm these days. Great maps, but it gets kinda boring after a while.

Do any of you have any funny/memorable stories or quotes when people rage on you? After having played a lot of CQ I've seen people accusing others of cheating/hacking left and right.

"hejdlond: never before have i seen such a high level scrub"

"hejdtron u f*cking workless idiot go play on a 24/7 server"

Spl1nter

Half way through august and no news of the august bonus content drop :/

Maybe time to pester some people on twitter for answers.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
My guess would be a bunch of assignments unlocking multiple weapon camos.

I wouldn't mind weapon cammos, and since they're just texture swaps, it wouldn't be too big of a deal since it's already set up for all the guns to have cammos anyway, but extra weapons are what I'd REALLY like. Kinda sucks for the non-premiums, but I kinda want some new guns to mix things up since I've already played with pretty much every other gun. Something old school like an FNC or FAL or even a full-auto capable M14 for the assault class would be cool since Even SEALs still use them.

Hell, I still remember that M14 pattern Engineer rifle in the E3 Armored Kill stream, so that they don't have new weapons in the works is most likely false.

Either way, I'm expecting either the Dice-Only guns or Cammos. Maybe for the rest of the guns, maybe just for some, I know not. We'll find out soon enough I suppose. They'll be announcing it on the blog, they said as much on Twitter.

It really shows that DICE didn't really balanced the game in Conquest/Conquest Assault Large mode: playing on normal is like being in a friggin' slaughterhouse. And I don't want to think about hardcore.
Played 5+ games on Caspian, Damavand and Firestorm: everyone minds his own business and you're left on your own while waiting to be killed by choppers or snipers.

Instead, Rush mode is very the goods are at: played 3 games on Damavand 64 players and everything went as expected, we even manged to win a game!

Last thing: hope they'll improve the lock-on time and reach for Stinger/Igla because as of now it's useless.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It really shows that DICE didn't really balanced the game in Conquest/Conquest Assault Large mode: playing on normal is like being in a friggin' slaughterhouse. And I don't want to think about hardcore.
Played 5+ games on Caspian, Damavand and Firestorm: everyone minds his own business and you're left on your own while waiting to be killed by choppers or snipers.

Instead, Rush mode is very the goods are at: played 3 games on Damavand 64 players and everything went as expected, we even manged to win a game!

Last thing: hope they'll improve the lock-on time and reach for Stinger/Igla because as of now it's useless.
The vanilla maps just aren't all that great, period. They don't flow well, sometimes even in Rush. The Karkand maps don't feel as unfocused.

Top Bottom