• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT2| Mine! RendeZook! Wa Isl!

mr_nothin

Banned
The vanilla maps just aren't all that great, period. They don't flow well, sometimes even in Rush. The Karkand maps don't feel as unfocused.

I feel that it's exactly the opposite. I feel like the B2K maps dont really mesh well with BF3's gameplay mechanics. The vanilla maps are more BF3 friendly.....not to say that I thoroughly enjoy BF3's mechanics (because I dont) but the vanilla maps fit the game more.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I feel that it's exactly the opposite. I feel like the B2K maps dont really mesh well with BF3's gameplay mechanics. The vanilla maps are more BF3 friendly.....not to say that I thoroughly enjoy BF3's mechanics (because I dont) but the vanilla maps fit the game more.
I just meant that people are less spread out in B2K Conquest. There's a natural progression to the flag capping and more hot spots.

CatPee

But this is Battlefield :/ Bf2 and 1942 were so popular how could this have happened?

"Popular" then isn't the same as popular now. The Battlefield series was always relatively niche in today's terms until Bad Company 2 and exploded with BF3 (for consoles, for the most part). I do believe BF3 PC does have more players than those two though.

"Popular" then isn't the same as popular now. The Battlefield series was always relatively niche in today's terms until Bad Company 2 and exploded with BF3 (for consoles, for the most part). I do believe BF3 PC does have more players than those two though.

not according to bf3stats

it's routinely 360 > ps3 > pc or ps3 > 360 > pc depending on time of day..

OG Kush

Ah Ok, I was playing at 4 am though and searching only Europe servers so maybe thats why there was not many people playing... most of europe was sleeping.

mr_nothin

Banned
Hardcore is such a horrible mode. Not balanced and not fun.
:|
Normal is just bad...buncha rambo-jumpers everywhere, 3 invincible teammates spawning out of one, getting spotted through smoke and being triangle spotted period. Then ghost-death vision on top of that.
Wish there was a median between the 2 modes. Something with 80% health, squad leader only spawning, no 3d spotting, 3rd person cam enabled, and no killcam. Call it classic mode.

I will say that they should balance the 2 modes separately rather than going back n forth with the weapon balancing, trying to make it "one size fits all" like they do with everything else in the game.
We're officially not Alpha buddies anymore Spl1nter lol

I just meant that people are less spread out in B2K Conquest. There's a natural progression to the flag capping and more hot spots.
Yea that's true.

Salaadin

Having some issues getting into a game. I havent played since November but things were fine back then.

Now it just hangs at "initializing" but never sends me to the game. Multiplayer or single player is borked. The game, plugin, and punkbuster are all up to date so Im out of ideas.

Spl1nter

Having some issues getting into a game. I havent played since November but things were fine back then.

Now it just hangs at "initializing" but never sends me to the game. Multiplayer or single player is borked. The game, plugin, and punkbuster are all up to date so Im out of ideas.

anti-virus

August has 31 days bro.

vHIxS.gif

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Is there a reason why every Team DM server (PC) I find just rotates Kharg Island and Noshahr Canals?

I'm playing BF3 for the first time since February.

OG Kush

Yeah the PC community has really dissapointed me. Coming from consoles I was all excited to play the "REAL" BF3, get on some good servers etc But it seems less people play on PC and they do the same shit people do on consoles! Sometimes even worse (such as you said above, only noshar and kharg for TDM)

Spl1nter

One thing I have learned playing BF3 (was same in BC2) is that playing on the weekend is a poor experience comapred to the week. The people who only play on the weekend are horrible. The player base goes from being slightly retarded during the week to being incapacitated at doing anything of use. Even the best servers are unable to handle the influx of complete mindlessness that inhibits the players who play the game only on the weekend.

Yesterday me and noura were playing and we left a server after a few rounds because our team was completely mindless. The other team was filled with horrible players as well but the 2 of us couldnt handle the 2v32 situation. I will see if I can pull the round off battlelog when Im home from work. We were both in sheer awe of the inability of our team to do anything. Best example was we were down to G and F on Karkand. We had the tank on F and cleared out the point and recapped it and were pushing forward. Our BTR and atleast 50% of the team is around G and we are losing the point. So we push back. The BTR is completely clueless of us losing the point and it shooting across the bridge at nothing so we have to go in to stop them from capping and retake it ourselves.

Should be noted its not an issue of rust, anyone who has taken a break from the game nows its really easy to jump back into and do at minimum average.

industrian

Those are the only maps that people like for TDM. It's tedious.

Bitches love shipping containers.

Well it could be worse, I just played a Conquest Large of Operation Metro with 1000 tickets where our team just charged straight in, pushed the US team back to their base and just sat there with zero attempt by the US team to push forward. Still, I got a lot of Surveillance awards so I can't complain.

CatPee

Yeah the PC community has really dissapointed me. Coming from consoles I was all excited to play the "REAL" BF3, get on some good servers etc But it seems less people play on PC and they do the same shit people do on consoles! Sometimes even worse (such as you said above, only noshar and kharg for TDM)

It's a well-known fact that stupid people are everywhere. It's more noticeable on PC due to the extra 40 players. Even so, PC BF3 is still a much, much better game than console BF3 by a long shot.

tn2007

You should play with minty, splinter, zeewhales, and other gaffers. From what I've seen we all play in full/close to full 32-64 man servers. Find some good servers and favorite them. I know the one zeewhales plays in is usually full and has good players in it.

Spl1nter

Also join us on mumble. If you see us on battlelog playing - usually in the hours 8-11 EST - just pop in and say hi and introduce yourself, or send a message on battlelog. Noura will be friendly while I verbally abuse you shattering your confidence and spirit so you never player again

industrian

Oh man. I just saw a TDM server with a 1000 kill limit, 32-player game on Noshahr Canals and I thought "what the hell, it'll be good to grind up some weapons."

It was a full house when I joined but suddenly things got quiet... a quick press of the Tab key revealed that it was now a 4v4 game... but not wanting to duck out I kept going.

3 hours later it ended. We got hammered due to the teams spiking up to 5v8 and other bizarre crap. Good ol' "enter game. see scoreline. switch to winning team" BS. At most we were playing 6v6.

Still, decent amount of XP.

scogoth

One thing I have learned playing BF3 (was same in BC2) is that playing on the weekend is a poor experience comapred to the week. The people who only play on the weekend are horrible. The player base goes from being slightly retarded during the week to being incapacitated at doing anything of use. Even the best servers are unable to handle the influx of complete mindlessness that inhibits the players who play the game only on the weekend.

Yesterday me and noura were playing and we left a server after a few rounds because our team was completely mindless. The other team was filled with horrible players as well but the 2 of us couldnt handle the 2v32 situation. I will see if I can pull the round off battlelog when Im home from work. We were both in sheer awe of the inability of our team to do anything. Best example was we were down to G and F on Karkand. We had the tank on F and cleared out the point and recapped it and were pushing forward. Our BTR and atleast 50% of the team is around G and we are losing the point. So we push back. The BTR is completely clueless of us losing the point and it shooting across the bridge at nothing so we have to go in to stop them from capping and retake it ourselves.

Should be noted its not an issue of rust, anyone who has taken a break from the game nows its really easy to jump back into and do at minimum average.

Bitch, moan and complain is all I see above.

Its your fault for not playing 4v32, then its easy.

I got my pc pretty much done, I have a borrowed gtx 460 but next month I'm getting a gtx 670. I'm glad my friend let me borrow his old card because I'm actually playing bf3 and it's amazing to play with so many people and have amazing visuals. I believe the 460 is a 2 year old card and it's doing very nicely. I have my graphics on a high and medium type setting and I get 60fps most of the time with drops where and there. Playing bf3 in 60fps is amazing and I'm mad at myself for not building a pc earlier lol I can't wait to get my gtx 670 and what's cool is I'll have that card by the time armored kill comes out on the 11th of Sept :)

industrian

Regarding passwords, I still am in awe of Origin not remembering passwords when you click the "Remember password" option. I would have thought this would have been the easiest possible thing to ever implement correctly.

Top Bottom