• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Brother UK 15 - Yep, they're still making it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tregard

Soothsayer
ZWr8fHz.png

Channel 5 official website
Big Brother Twitter feed
BBSpy

Starts Thursday 5th June at 9pm on good ol' Channel 5. The theme for this year is "Power Trip", with (allegedly) all the housemates being strategic game-players out to win.
The house is apparently much more based around technology than previous years, with people claiming the housemates will be able to access social media in some regard.

THE HOUSE:
K4iwWt4.jpg
9LqOif7.jpg
yppmZeD.jpg

0EXbQCY.jpg
pjGxjUC.jpg
ig04ayo.jpg

zA6MhV3.jpg
07elCIX.jpg
w4caboJ.jpg

THE HOUSEMATES:
hS8DyYp.jpg
HggSuYK.jpg
V6bitMG.jpg
cXL7N94.jpg

Qwpr4ao.jpg
EXOAmJo.jpg
1nyzBVt.jpg
bmBpipL.jpg

CcKIBuV.jpg
yayLy2G.jpg
NTBubYs.jpg
XdZNd4g.jpg

1SIPn8h.jpg
0qonWFF.jpg
fWFisxT.jpg
Ebo26iy.jpg

THE HOSTS
Emma Willis will again be hosting the main show and half of the episodes of sister show "Big Brother's Bit on the Side", and everyone's favourite person called "Rylan", Rylan Clarke will be hosting the rest of Bit on the Side
W7GpmcU.jpg

For your sake I've left out the picture of both of them dressed in dystopian army uniform, but if you must see it, click here.

THE RUMOURS:
  • The housemates will win power over other housemates, this may be influencing nominations or getting information from social media
  • BB14 housemates Sallie, Gina and Dexter have been saying rather suspicious things on twitter, leading people to believe old housemates may be re-entering.
  • There will be HOH and POV tasks, lovingly ripping off BBUS.
  • There will be a second house of some description
  • There will be an eviction at 6am.

I shall update the OP as we get more info.

(I don't know if anyone on here actually watched this anymore, but seeing as Canada and US BB both have their own threads, as well as Surivivor and TAR, I thought I might as well make one for BBUK. My first thread, be gentle if I've made any faux pas!)

Tregard

Soothsayer
Might watch if the housemates are good.

Provided they actually get housemates who will play the game properly, it should be a decent set. Although Rylan has been claiming all the housemates have been "on the cusp of fame", which makes me feel like we might end up with a set of wannabes :/

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Stopped watching out of respect for C4

C4 destroyed it. Trying to manipulate things more and more for ratings until it all exploded in their face with the racism row. After that it just limped on afraid to let anything happen at all. The last series on C4 was dire.

I'll give the launch show of this one a go, as they're trying something new. Although game-playing and a public vote don't usually mix, the ones good at it end up hated.

Tregard

Soothsayer
C4 destroyed it. Trying to manipulate things more and more for ratings until it all exploded in their face with the racism row. After that it just limped on afraid to let anything happen at all. The last series on C4 was dire.

I'll give the launch show of this one a go, as they're trying something new. Although game-playing and a public vote don't usually mix, the ones good at it end up hated.

BB11 was awful, they had that ridiculous "semi final night" in which they evicted the four biggest characters at once, leaving a lacklustre final.

Game players have done alright in the Channel 5 series so far, Dexter coming second last year proved you can do pretty well as a gameplayer.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I always watch the launch show but since it went to 5, they seem to just fill the house with young people rather than weirdos of all ages like they used to. It's just not funny anymore, nowadays it's a contest to see who can have sex on camera first.

Figured it out. I actually watched almost all of 2009 (Big Brother 10). I remember enjoying it too...

Sophie won.

fBO7hdz.jpg

Have seen about 5 minutes total of BB in the last 5 years - in highlights and small clips.

Thought it was a great show for a while, and some great highlights over the first 10 season. Never got invested in ages though.

Tregard

Soothsayer
We have house pictures, this may be my favourite house of all time:

Living area:
G7VseJ4.jpg

Kitchen:
aCAkBfl.jpg

Dining area:
uN8loNg.jpg

Sitting area with weird crap in the lights:
kBA7wp5.jpg

Bathroom:
kA1exVv.jpg

Bedroom:
aMAikcf.jpg

Garden with "Pod":
VvqxxfM.jpg

Tregard

Soothsayer
Everything went downhill after the pool orgy in '06.

*shudders*

Haven't watched it since the series with the dude that had Tourette's

Worth a watch again, it's changed but a lot of the contestants are less fame hungry (as they've realised there isn't much fame in it anymore) so it's a lot more watchable.

Some people have pointed out there's a monitor in every room of the house, including the garden, very interesting.

Tregard

Soothsayer
how can anyone watch this tripe?

its so stupid and pointless and mind-numbingly dull

I enjoy "people watching", as it were. It's just fun to pick a favourite out of a group of people and watch them interact with a group for a prolonged period of time, I'm not going to try and claim it's mentally stimulating, but it is entertaining, to me at least.

joedan

I'm not a reality TV snob [loved Flava of Love] but I had the opportunity to watch thsi show while in the UK and this show was horribad. Completely pointless and not at all entertaining. Since I had no idea who these British celebrities were, it made it even worse. Horrible show.

saunderez

I'm a big fan of BBUK, I've seen 3 or 4 seasons over the years, really enjoy the twists that are later ripped off by the far inferior BBAU. Will definitely be trying to catch as much of this as possible, last season was great (when it wasn't a massive whingefest). I was totally Team Dexter, him and Gina were hilarious.

justjohn

The season with victor will never be topped. Remember being addicted to this show when it first started. I would stay up all night just watching them do nothing at all.

3Sixty

The season with victor will never be topped. Remember being addicted to this show when it first started. I would stay up all night just watching them do nothing at all.

Victor was a boy.

Looked like he was ready to drop someone at any moment.

Then there was Science doing his best Allen Iverson look.

Might give this a go again - although trying to deal with Channel 5 in Ireland on my Sky Box is not fun (have to add channel manually, and cannot record from it).

Tregard

Soothsayer
I'm a big fan of BBUK, I've seen 3 or 4 seasons over the years, really enjoy the twists that are later ripped off by the far inferior BBAU. Will definitely be trying to catch as much of this as possible, last season was great (when it wasn't a massive whingefest). I was totally Team Dexter, him and Gina were hilarious.

Dexter was utterly robbed of victory, I was so annoyed he lost out to Sam of all people. Gina and him should've been the final two, no doubt. That said, I do enjoy what I've seen of BBAU, Tim was a very good housemate.

Then there was Science doing his best Allen Iverson look.

Favourite clip of Science, other than the classic "Tweedle-dee, Tweedle-dum, and Tweedle-twat": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNN3b-_52jg

Might give this a go again - although trying to deal with Channel 5 in Ireland on my Sky Box is not fun (have to add channel manually, and cannot record from it).

Where in Ireland are you? I'm in Northern Ireland so obviously it's easier for me to get Channel 5, but I have heard it's a real bugger if you're quite far south. It's funny, last year there were two Irish housemates which wouldn't've been able to watch the show from home.

Where in Ireland are you? I'm in Northern Ireland so obviously it's easier for me to get Channel 5, but I have heard it's a real bugger if you're quite far south. It's funny, last year there were two Irish housemates which wouldn't've been able to watch the show from home.

I am from the midlands. I can get the channel fine with my Skybox and Satellite Dish setup - it not like the old days where it was hard to even tune into BBC and UTV with just an ariel (and we'd get static if the weather was bad).

The big problem is that I have to manually tune into the channel, which mean I cannot use Sky+ to recorded it, which in turn means if I want to watch I have to do it live - and I rarely watch anything live anymore that is not sport.

I am going to try to give the show a go though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Aw yeah brah I'm in! I had to stop watching this a few years back when I realised I wasn't getting laid for the 10 weeks it was on air (all the shows! so little time!). TiVo has changed all that now of course, I'm in for the long haul, love a bit of BB.

Also Emma Willis is the hottest woman on telly. If we still had Alice Levine the show would be perfect.

Tregard

Soothsayer
Are the players voting between the noms, or is the public?

The public votes to evict based on the housemate's nominations normally, however there is some sort of "power" twist this series we don't fully understand yet, so that may change.

As a curious 11 year old, it was TV gold.

I am reminded also of Kinga and the wine bottle ;-;

Aw yeah brah I'm in! I had to stop watching this a few years back when I realised I wasn't getting laid for the 10 weeks it was on air (all the shows! so little time!). TiVo has changed all that now of course, I'm in for the long haul, love a bit of BB.

Also Emma Willis is the hottest woman on telly. If we still had Alice Levine the show would be perfect.

Emma and Alice <3 Good to see I'm not alone with the nice bunch of folk that have wandered into my thread!

Can I call this an OT? I'm unsure as to if there's rules on that.

Also, here's the Diary Room chair:

BpRQVgnCYAA6nSO.jpg

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Okay, even then I knew that was gross.

blondes_orlaith.jpg

Orlaith certainly wasn't though.

(SO hard to find a SFW image of her...)

I remember watching when she was in it, and remember her in the shower naked, thought it was a bit weird to be talking around naked and all...

Can't believe they still make big brother... 15? feelsoldman.jpg

While I do severely dislike this boring show, TV Burp told me one of the best lines of anything, ever.

"David is in the garden, using a blown up condom, wrapped in a towel... As a football."

Tregard

Soothsayer
Okay, even then I knew that was gross.

blondes_orlaith.jpg

Orlaith certainly wasn't though.

(SO hard to find a SFW image of her...)

Orlaith annoyed me as she went up against Science, won, and then walked the next day. But she was indeed very much not gross.

Ah my yearly reminder of getting old as fuck.

Stop numbering them dammit.

If it makes you feel any better, this one's actually called "Big Brother: Power Trip", which implies the housemates will be being force-fed hallucinogenics.

And it is officially Day 1 in the Big Brother house, just need to wait about 20 hours now for the housemates to show up. They're most likely currently all sitting alone in various hotel rooms all across London, staring at the ceiling, hoping this wasn't a terrible decision :D

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Orlaith annoyed me as she went up against Science, won, and then walked the next day. But she was indeed very much not gross.

Orlaith had a pretty face, terribad boobs and an ugly personality. Glad she never made the jump to TV proper.

I always like the weirdos who get kicked early. A few months back I played a show with Shabby from BB11 and told her she was my favourite housemate that year. She was great but the freaks never last the whole thing, the deck is stacked against them (apart from Pete and maybe Eugene)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom