• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billionaire throws tantrum after being denied entry to ‘Hamilton’

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, most people I know would be severely pissed off if they took the time to fly out of state to a performance on their birthday and got denied. I think the only real difference is the "Do you know who I am?" line, which is always lame.

LosDaddie

Banned
People need to understand that Hamilton is the hottest ticket in town right now. There's no more buying from the venue. Secondary market is the only way for tickets right now.

Uh, okay. It did have a point, you just didn't understand it. Your point that rich people are people too is pointless because people are treating him the way a person should be treated if they behave in an abusive fashion. Further, a person in a good situation should be treated more harshly because they are rich beyond most people's wildest imaginations, yet are as abusive (if not more so) than many people in worse situations.

Your post wasn't complex. I understood it just fine. It just had nothing to do with my post, or the point I made.

E92 M3

Not everyone makes a scene and uses the words "do you know who I am?"

Big deal, he used some pretentious phrase - not the end of the world. Nonetheless, as a billionaire, he does hold a higher financial stature than most people in this world. In that sense, it could be understandable to use such phrase.

Not saying it's not douchey or anything, but I don't care about such irrelevant details.

People need to understand that Hamilton is the hottest ticket in town right now. There's no more buying from the venue. Secondary market is the only way for tickets right now.

Your post wasn't complex. I understood it just fine. It just had nothing to do with my post, or the point I made.

" Rich people are still people."

"And people who abuse workers for these things are scumbags. Rich or not."

The former (your post) and the latter (my post) are pretty darn related.

Rival

Gold Member
Big deal, he used some pretentious phrase - not the end of the world. Nonetheless, as a billionaire, he does hold a higher financial stature than most people in this world. In that sense, it could be understandable to use such phrase.

Not saying it's not douchey or anything, but I don't care about such irrelevant details.

Those are completely irrelevant details. He just could have easily bought other tickets and been refunded for the fraud is all. Berating a ticket taker or theater manager is not going to accomplish anything and someone as successful as he is should know that.

Literally nothing about a rich person getting scammed on tickets is a big deal, or the end of the world. This entire story is a little tiny deal. And in that very relative sense, he acted like a big ol bag of douche. There's pretty much nothing else to the story.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
I'm inclined to think this is fake. Stubhub clearly states they will try to find you legit replacements or refund you. So if this did happen, he would have spent that entire 20 minutes or longer just trying to get legit tickets from stubhub.

E92 M3

Literally nothing about a rich person getting scammed on tickets is a big deal, or the end of the world. This entire story is a little tiny deal. And in that very relative sense, he acted like a big ol bag of douche. There's pretty much nothing else to the story.

Eh, just a lot of dog piling about "his money." In general, people get mad and blow a fuse. Doesn't mean they instantly become a douchebag.

Zach

People need to understand that this is not the venue's fault and the employees should not be subject to verbal outbursts from those who feel entitled.

As someone who worked in customer service this is not an irrelevant detail.

But why be furious at anything when you're a billionaire? That has to be a disorder

If I flew 6 hours across the country for a cheeseburger I'd be heated as fuck if the restaurant was sold out.

Not enough to be a dick to the staff, but still, it's not like he was just moseying on down to the corner store.

He's an ass, yes, but the real villain here is StubHub for allowing fraudulent or duplicate transactions on their storefront. The secondhand ticket market is basically built for scammers and bot-peddlers to make off with other people's hard earned money. Sure it allows for quick and convenient sellouts but it screws over 75% of the audience for mass market entertainment.

I've seen a BU student use the phrase outside of a bar I used to work at. It's impossible to use it without sounding like an entitled prick.

DopeToast

Banned
I wouldn't have known who this guy was, except that he was a guest on The Bill Simmons Podcast a couple weeks ago. I remarked how he sounded like a snobby asshole then, so this is pretty funny to read.

Zackat

All he has to do is lobby a little bit for Puerto Rico and he can get Hamilton performed in his house. Make some toast.

I am the Juggernaut bitch.

ticket clerk:

hqdefault.jpg

Story seems to be made up and blown out of proportion. Article upgrading his girlfriend to wife status are just some unprofessional oversights that would of been easy to fix with some quick fact checking.

diaspora

He sounds like an ass but getting pissed because you're denied entry to a show you paid for and flew out to see is something to be pissed about.

Apathy

pretty sure in New York the typical response to "do you know who I am?" from an out of towner is usually "no, and I don't give a fuck"

I'd be pissed too. You'd got to be a robot to spend that amount of cash, fly there, and want to see it for your birthday only to not get in because you got fake tickets. Let the man vent, I'm sure you would want to as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom