• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers - New Animation Domination Series On Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nert said:
New Futurama felt very hit or miss for me. The quality gap between The Late Phillip J. Fry and the episode with the "Susan Boil," for example, is astounding.

It did feel like there was a B team working on some of the more lighthearted episodes. That Leonardo episode (for example) just felt "off" all the way through. There were still a lot of amazing episodes in the season. The Brain Switching episode, The Late Phillip J. Fry and the evolution episode may very well sit among my all time favorites.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Slurmer said:
Is this a good# for BB? Sad that the two best shows have the lowest ratings :(
Really surprised that The Simpsons still has that pull.
Very sad, American Dad and BB are the best shows on Sunday night.

time to restructure the fox shows and see what happens. if the viewers are the same regardless of time then IDK. Simpsons is not great really. But hey. it's been on TV for so many years people watch it.

TylerD

I need to watch the 1st and 3rd episodes. My brother was telling me how bad it was when I saw the 2nd episode on the DVR and I told him that I wanted to watch it to see how bad it was. We ended up laughing out loud a lot. I thought it was pretty damn good.

ijed

Router said:
All I hear is Ben from Dr. Katz. Looks ok. I'll give it a go.

Watched 1st Ep last night not knowing what it was - heard Ben - *mindblown*
Needs moar squiggle vision imo but will give it a go.

akachan ningen said:
anybody else think the boy adds nothing to the show? most of his jokes fall flat and the rest could be used by anybody else.

I think he's funny. He is very similar to the youngest daughter, they're practically the same character so far. I don't think it'll stay that way though. Give it time for them to grow, these shows normally take a little bit for the characters to really hit their groove.

effzee

Just watched the 2nd and 3rd episodes....I love this show!

The Sacred Cow episode had me giggling like a little school girl.

HeySeuss

Yeah this is my favorite Fox Animation Domination show. Most people post in the weekly thread and it seems the general consensus is that its GAF-approved.

episode for next weeek "Art Crawl"

190402_179121672133803_102666876445950_435013_3080441_n.jpg

199143_179121612133809_102666876445950_435008_3310946_n.jpg

more images here. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=41681&id=102666876445950

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
xbulletholes said:
really, really enjoying this. can't wait to pick up a boxset when the season's over.

Same. Will be one of the few comedy boxsets I buy.

Why For?

Banned
I've only seen the one episode.

We actually already have this show down here in Australia which amazes me. I saw the Cow episode, I actually didn't mind it at all.

Had it's moments.

I don't find the show absolutely hilarious, but it gives me enough chuckles in order for me to enjoy and watch every week. On a side note, hearing all of you in here praising American Dad has me wondering... Has that show gotten significantly better since the first few eps or are you all lying?

dLMN8R

Thank the lord I didn't listen to the complaints, and watched the show anyway. It's up there with Archer as the funniest cartoon on TV right now!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
TouchMyBox said:
I don't find the show absolutely hilarious, but it gives me enough chuckles in order for me to enjoy and watch every week. On a side note, hearing all of you in here praising American Dad has me wondering... Has that show gotten significantly better since the first few eps or are you all lying?

Dunno about the new new episodes but I think season two-on are pretty consistently funny and entertaining. They really remind me of how good old FG used to be.

BitchTits

This isn't the worst show ever, but it feels kinda dated. It's mid-90s MTV shorts level funny.

I think it would work as an ongoing series of 5 minute bumpers around other shows on late night TV, but as a half hour show itself, not so much.

I quite enjoy it

For a while my Netflix was on hold so I was basically just watching Hulu and had subscribed to this show along with a bunch of others. I check in once a week to see if they have the latest episode up

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Darkmakaimura said:
Liked the new episode. So far, my faves is the second (where Bob is stuck in the wall) and probably this one.

"I'm funny in the wall" might be my favorite quote from the whole series for some reason.

Muffdraul

I was avoiding this show (most unappealing character designs ever), but I finally watched an episode last Sunday. Will not watch the show again.

RDreamer

I absolutely love the show. A few episodes were only moderately good, but a few were beyond outstanding. I think it was the debut that was pure gold, and the one where Bob's stuck in the wall was also fantastic.

Muffdraul said:
I was avoiding this show (most unappealing character designs ever), but I finally watched an episode last Sunday. Will not watch the show again.
you're not wanted in here >=[ (I know you'll be back to read if anyone replied but to reiterate stay out)

Muffdraul

DMPrince said:
you're not wanted in here >=[ (I know you'll be back to read if anyone replied but to reiterate stay out)

And I probably never would have posted anything else in here if you hadn't replied. I'll guess I'll subscribe and check in once in a while to see if there's anything I feel like commenting on. You never know, maybe something will change my mind about the show.

See you later! =)

Fatalah

Tonight's episode was hilarious! Every week Kristen Schaal absolutely kills the Louise character. I hope more people get turned onto the show.

Enco

Tried to watch the first episode but I couldn't make it through the half way point.

Horrible show in my opinion. Terrible design, shoddy voice acting and terrible jokes.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
The dumbo moment with the paintings made me laugh quite a bit. That was excellent.

Enco said:
Tried to watch the first episode but I couldn't make it through the half way point.

Horrible show in my opinion. Terrible design, shoddy voice acting and terrible jokes.

I hated the first episode. Give the second one a shot, it is much better.

Yeef

Enco said:

YOU SMELL LIKE OINTMENT AND PEE!

Enco said:

As a junior, I actually like posts like this so I know whose opinions I can ignore when it comes to movies and TV shows.

I just noticed the store to the right is always different in the title sequence. This week's was "Attempted Crepe - French Cooking School".

:lol

FTH said:
Just finished watching last night's on Hulu.

This show has officially entered god tier status.

Agreed as well. I finally watched it last night and god damn was it ridiculously hilarious. I immediately went and bought the episode for my PS3.

I about lost it at the end with the "shut your mouth" scene.

How is it doing in the ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom