• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bob's Burgers Season 5 |OT| Putting your bra on one boob at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karu

Not as good. But it's probably second or third best if you're throwing family guy/american dad/south park/etc into the mix.
So, my animation preferences are...

I love Rick & Morty
I really like BoJack Horseman
I love love the early Simpsons
I like South Park

Will I like Bob's Burger? What are the comparable animation shows?

I love Rick & Morty
I like South Park

I think so, Its one the best cartoon on fox.

I love Rick & Morty
I like South Park

The very first episode is about Bob being accused of making burgers out of humans. It sets the tone for what kind of show to expect.

Other highlights of season 1 are "Bed and Breakfast" and "Art Crawl"

There's another one where the kids find a high tech toilet in the woods, and the episode becomes a spoof of ET. :)

sn00zer

Current Animation rankings
1. Rick and Morty by a land slide
2. Bobs burgers
3. South Park

Bobs takes a while to get used to....it has very weird humor that isnt as jump out or pun based as other cartoons

HylianTom

Banned
For Season 1, my favorite episode has to be "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?" The prostitutes are hysterical, we get to see fluttery love zombies, and there's some well-done totally classic 80s/Pretty-In-Pink-style music playing at the party..

And there's this gem of a song, where the singer's impersonation of Michael McDonald is amazingly dead-on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnvgdheUOVY

Karu

I just watched the pilot, and yep, Bob's Burgers got a binge pass from me. The kids are hilarious, had some diverse directing shots, a sensical storyline and the joke delivery was insane. The Child Molester wins it all.

For Season 1, my favorite episode has to be "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?" The prostitutes are hysterical, we get to see fluttery love zombies, and there's some well-done totally classic 80s/Pretty-In-Pink-style music playing at the party..

And there's this gem of a song, where the singer's impersonation of Michael McDonald is amazingly dead-on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnvgdheUOVY
I suspect that might be Jack McBrayer singing.

I've never heard him sing, but it sounds suspiciously like him, and he voiced one of the transgender prostitutes in the episode.

Love this show, so glad it's back.

For folks new to it, you should check out the Goonies episode from season 2, The Blechies. It's the season premiere.

That and whatever one where Gene is a mini-Bob and the one where he befriends a talking toilet.

Odoul

awwright_zpsbaed2f6b.png

Let's get it!

HylianTom

Banned
I suspect that might be Jack McBrayer singing.

I've never heard him sing, but it sounds suspiciously like him, and he voiced one of the transgender prostitutes in the episode.

That's been a huge debate in my house (and I agree with you).

Either way, no matter who did it, the singer nailed it. I still sing it randomly when I'm walking around town and see old taxi cabs on the street. :p

Gotta admit the pilot didn't grab me but watching more episodes made me love it, and I'm not mad that Fox renewed Bob's Burgers instead of American Dad
Wished American Dad replaced Family Guy but oh well...

rezuth

For Season 1, my favorite episode has to be "Sheesh! Cab, Bob?" The prostitutes are hysterical, we get to see fluttery love zombies, and there's some well-done totally classic 80s/Pretty-In-Pink-style music playing at the party

For season one I would say my favorite is the second episode "Crawl Space". Just nails every aspect perfectly.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
For season one I would say my favorite is the second episode "Crawl Space". Just nails every aspect perfectly.
"Crawl Space" is the first episode I saw and it sold me on the show. I think Season 1 is kind of hit or miss overall but I adore "Art Crawl." Season 2 & 3 are basically nothing but hot fire.

Busty

Banned
Does anyone from UK GAF know if there is a legal way to get this series in Britain? I remember E4 aired the first two seasons but we haven't had it over here since. Is it on Netflix UK or something?

kinn

Does anyone from UK GAF know if there is a legal way to get this series in Britain? I remember E4 aired the first two seasons but we haven't had it over here since. Is it on Netflix UK or something?

use a VPN like HOLA to access it on US Netflix.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Current Animation rankings
1. Rick and Morty by a land slide
2. Bobs burgers
3. South Park

Bobs takes a while to get used to....it has very weird humor that isnt as jump out or pun based as other cartoons
I never thought the humor was that weird . . .

The one thing that bothers me about Rick and Morty is the voice acting for the two leads. Their voices are so abrasive that it just is painful to listen to.

My rankings of ongoing animated series!

1. Gravity Falls
  2. Bob's Burgers
  3. Adventure Time
  4. Rick & Morty (Tie with above)
  5. Archer
  6. South Park

It was what I thought it was

then I looked it up

((((*NSFW in language*))))
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4XiHSVoE_0

uhh...this actually doesn't look that bad. They got the humor down i guess lol
Reads like erotic fanfiction...

What. The. Fuck.

BWAHAHAHA
I'll pretend no one saw that I linked it already ;p

JoseJX

This show has such amazing music, this was a fantastic episode.

The characters really make it one of the best shows on TV right now. They're so consistent and used so well, even after 4 seasons. The family is just so good together.

Only caught the second half of the episode, but Darryl goes to the same school as Bob's kids?

Brilliant episode, what I saw of it. Watching Louise manipulate Mr. Frond never gets old.

markot

Banned
Only caught the second half of the episode, but Darryl goes to the same school as Bob's kids?

Brilliant episode, what I saw of it. Watching Louise manipulate Mr. Frond never gets old.

That was confirmed in the Halloween episode and the Nude Beach one omgggggggg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom