• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brendan Fraser to play the villain in a Bollywood movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

Brendan Fraser Replaces Ray Liotta in Indian Mafia Thriller 'The Field'

Brendan Fraser will star in The Field, the directorial debut of Rohit Karn Batra, which revolves around an Indian land mafia family fighting internal battles following the death of the family's patriarch.

Fraser will play the role of Charu, an American expat gun runner “whose illicit dealings with the Indian underworld wedges him in the middle of the family implosion."

Ray Liotta was earlier attached to play the role when the project was first announced in 2014, but the director said script changes led to Fraser's casting. “The more the script evolved, the more obvious it became Brendan was the best choice for the idiosyncratic role of Charu,” said Batra. “For a director to explore this journey with him in a place like India is nothing less than a once in a lifetime opportunity.”

Batra's credits include Roundabout, which won the jury prize for best short film at the 2012 Palm Beach International Film Festival.
The Indian cast includes veteran Bollywood actor Prem Chopra along with Ronit Roy, Neeraj Kabi, Vineet Singh and actress Radhika Apte.

Brendan-Fraser-magic-clap.gif

diamount

Banned
I like that dude. Hollywood did him dirty. Just always struck me as the light hearted action star.

Precisely, an action star. Unless you're Tom Cruise, work for action stars over 40 dries up immensely, unless you're also a dramatic actor, which he isn't.

What's the story behind this man. I liked him in almost every movie he was in (including monkeybone).

Generic enough to be 90s/2000 action star, not generic enough to transition to TV when his career went down hill. Google reports he's worth $25million, so good for him.

Glad to see dude getting work. I have a soft spot for Blast From the Past.

I think his divorce hit him pretty bad.

Yeah, he divorced I believe when he was still somewhat of a star so he had a much larger standard of living. So he had to pay his wife at that level of alimony.

Mass One

Glad to see dude getting work. I have a soft spot for Blast From the Past.

I think his divorce hit him pretty bad.
Hmm. Yeah, this is the only thing I've heard about his situation.

Generic enough to be 90s/2000 action star, not generic enough to transition to TV when his career went down hill. Google reports he's worth $25million, so good for him.

This makes sense too. I always thought he would be perfect for LMN. Strange he couldn't find a place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom