• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGaf Meet Up Episode VI: Return of the Jedeye. Saturday 6th July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
Last time I was at the borderline, me and mikeside got chatting to a crazy spanish girl. Mike managed to convince her that he was a DJ on absolute radio, and I was the stig from top gear.

Fun times!

Mr. Sam

BritGAF, a conundrum:

I start full time work next week. The week after, I've been invited to go camping with friends. Is it absolutely taking the piss to use some of my twenty days off on my second ever week at work?

NinjaBoiX

BritGAF, a conundrum:

I start full time work next week. The week after, I've been invited to go camping with friends. Is it absolutely taking the piss to use some of my twenty days off on my second ever week at work?
No, just tell them you had something important planned before you got the job.

It's your cousins wedding.

His name is Maurice.

SteveWD40

BritGAF, a conundrum:

They usually ask when they offer a job if you have any holiday booked, I presume they didn't?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

His name is Maurice.

And he's getting married to Michael. Maurice and Michael Mansfield are getting married, awwww. If you're going to be spinning fantasies might as well make them elaborate and interesting!

SKINNER!

Banned

His name is Maurice.

Need a reference? Get your boss to call me after the meetup and I can conjure up a story about how you got drunk on champagne and started to smear yourself with wedding cake before running away with a bridesmaid.

SteveWD40

bukaroo-banzi-1.jpg

Bukaroo Banzai tribute perhaps?

How inappropriate?

I once had a t-shirt with the words "I'm not drunk." on it, that got some awkward stares, particulary when one time I was wearing it whilst carrying a crate of beer and staggering up on the hill at Santa Pod Raceway.

Nowadays I'd just wear my "Squeeze, suck, bang, blow." t-shirt and get disaproving glances from mothers and fathers and intruiged looks from their daughters.

jimbor

Banned
Ok now you're making me suspicious of who you are....

Jim Bowen, former host of ITV's Bullseye. I tried to get Jimbow as my username but it was already taken. I've been laying low in the wake of Operation Yewtree so thought it best to avoid using my real name.

SmokyDave

Jim Bowen, former host of ITV's Bullseye. I tried to get Jimbow as my username but it was already taken. I've been laying low in the wake of Operation Yewtree so thought it best to avoid using my real name.

I have a Bullseye keyring signed by you. It plays the theme tune when you press it. I intend to hand it down to my kids.

Xun

Really looking forward to this.

It fits in perfectly with me taking a few days off work, so it'll be good to celebrate an extended weekend.

SKINNER!

Banned
Anyone got any idea what time the Rolling Stones gig finishes on Saturday? I got an offer from a friend who has a spare ticket and it says doors open at 12pm but I got the feeling it'll collide with the meetup :S

Doubt I'd be able to get myself dressed/sorted after the gig too. Plus, I promised I'd meetup with Ninja and Mike around that time anyway.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Anyone got any idea what time the Rolling Stones gig finishes on Saturday? I got an offer from a friend who has a spare ticket and it says doors open at 12pm but I got the feeling it'll collide with the meetup :S

Plus, I promised I'd meetup with Ninja and Mike around that time anyway.

Dude, go to the gig and meet us later. I'm still on the fence as to whether to scoot off about 9ish to go see Alright the Captain down the road... :p

SKINNER!

Banned
Dude, go to the gig and meet us later. I'm still on the fence as to whether to scoot off about 9ish to go see Alright the Captain down the road... :p

Thing is, if doors open at 12pm and finished around 6/7pm (unluckly) then I'd definitely go but I'd give it a pass if the gig ended around 11pm. Just wouldn't feel right going to the meetup halfway through it/around the end. Best part of it is at the beginning when you meet folk. Plus, I'm not a super huge fan of the Rolling Stones anyway. Was just thinking of going to see them for the sake of it. £90 too. Hmmmmm

SKINNER!

Banned
Don't be a filthy abandoner shorty.

That's what she said...
h6RWyGu.gif

Nah, still gonna be at the train station at 12pm. Always stick to my word. Knowing me, I'd end up drinking water all night if I went to the gig and meetup. What are you guys doing during the day anyway?

Mikeside

That's what she said...
h6RWyGu.gif

Nah, still gonna be at the train station at 12pm. Always stick to my word. Knowing me, I'd end up drinking water all night if I went to the gig and meetup. What are you guys doing during the day anyway?

Pubs, park, burgers and maybe some heavy petting.
Am open to suggestions if people wanna do something else too

So just 5 days to go Brit Gaffers! Can I get a squeeeeee!

I was thinking about food, and as we're not going anywhere that can sait our appetites I suggest that if you can, grab something to eat before getting to De Hems. If you can't I'm sure there'll be opportunity to nip out and grab something at some point though.

Unfortunately I will not be attending as Jessica Rabbit. My attempts to aquire an addiquate dress have been futile. I am however going to the Comic Con as Jessica from True Blood, and may well not bother getting changed.

Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom