• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers officially priced - 1200 Microsoft Points ($15)

Eric WK

l19940490581_8209.jpg

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

Jme

Just as a reminder to those who need points:

TARGET (Valid 8/10 - 8/16) has 1600 Points Cards ($20) on sale for $14.99
You can buy 2x $14.99 then use this coupon for an additional $5 off

That's $40 value for just $24.98 (plus tax)

Stock up people.

handofg0d said:

Stock up people.

Well. Damn you.

soldat7

handofg0d said:

Stock up people.

YMMV with that coupon. I tried two Targets and...nada.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Jive Turkey said:
It's an old school sidescrolling brawler (originally called Ye Olde Sidescroller) featuring the art of Dan Paladin.

Sweet! Sounds kinda like Guardian Heroes (not the crappy GBA one).

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
soldat7 said:
YMMV with that coupon. I tried two Targets and...nada.
The Target I hit up had that coupon on display with a couple of others along with a sign reading "Due to rampant exploitation we are no longer accepting these coupons. Suck it bitches." or something like that.

truly101 said:
Sweet! Sounds kinda like Guardian Heroes (not the crappy GBA one).
Very much so. It's The Behemoth's ode to Guardian Heroes like Alien Hominid was their tribute to Metal Slug.

Excellent. I would've bought it for 1600 anyway but this is nice.

Off topic but does anyone know anything about the Xbox Original game(s) of the month? I'm hoping it's something awesome (Stranger's Wrath) to make August the best Live game-download month ever.

Eric WK

Jive Turkey said:
The Target I hit up had that coupon on display with a couple of others along with a sign reading "Due to rampant exploitation we are no longer accepting these coupons. Suck it bitches." or something like that.

:lol :lol :lol

Ooh, awesome news. I'll be picking this up once I'm finished with Braid and BC:R.

On a side note, the bitching about $15 games has got to be one of the most embarrassing things about the gaming community in recent months.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Kandrick said:
All those xbla games being a 1200 is making me poor.
Kandrick (re: Braid) said:
The demo was enough for me :lol
How exactly does not buying something result in making you poor?

By that logic, you've also been made poor by all the steak dinners you haven't been eating.

Xapati

Tobor said:
Great, more bitching about $15 dollars. Must be ramen eating college students.

I'm not as sold on this as everyone else, but price has nothing to do with it. I'll buy it, regardless.

:(

I even have to beg gaffers for codes for Xbox Live.

Llyranor

I buy games at 60$. This is nothing. Obligatory day1.

If you can't afford 15$, how do you afford gaming? Either you have interest in Castle Crashers or you don't. Using the price as an excuse is pretty sad.

Deadly Monk said:
Excellent. I would've bought it for 1600 anyway but this is nice.

Off topic but does anyone know anything about the Xbox Original game(s) of the month? I'm hoping it's something awesome (Stranger's Wrath) to make August the best Live game-download month ever.

Anyone?? I don't want to start a new topic for this.

GhaleonEB

BenjaminBirdie said:
WHOA.

I really thought it would be so much more with the 20 characters, all different, tons of different weapons, multiplayer, multiplayer modes, all the different animal orbs.

Holy shit, man. This is a steal.
Yup. I was fully expecting 1600 points. I don't even need to download the demo on this one. Instapurchase.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Llyranor said:
If you can't afford 15$, how do you afford gaming? Either you have interest in Castle Crashers or you don't. Using the price as an excuse is pretty sad.
I'm a cheapass through and through. I rarely buy gamed for more than $20. OH LOOK! Castle Crashers fits in my price range!

Icarus

Castle Crashers could have been $30 and I'd have bought it. Good price...

And whoever priced BCR needs to have their business license revoked. Easily a $15 - $20 game too.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Icarus said:
And whoever priced BCR needs to have their business license revoked. Easily a $15 - $20 game too.
They're just trying to soften the blow for when SSF2T HD Remix costs $20. :p

sonicmj1

Icarus said:

They put the pricing to an online vote between $15 and $10. For some reason or other, $10 won out.

I'm sure they were all quite surprised.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Llyranor said:
I buy games at 60$. This is nothing. Obligatory day1.

And I have to buy them for 60€, that's about 90$. And I have to pay about 15€ which is about 23€ for a 1200 game. I understand that some games justify a higher price and Castle Crashers could possible be one of them but in Europe the price question works as a excuse. At least for me.

Guled said:
all I see it ppl complaining about the price

Same dude asked the same question, someone linked to a YouTube.

In that time you prolly could've just searched GAF. There's a billion threads for the game.

Basics:
4 Player Co-Op on and off line
RPG leveling in sidescrolling beat em up
20 Characters
Many Weapons
Animal Orbs Follow You Around ANd Give You Powers
Non-Campaign Multiplayer Game Modes Including Versus And Eating Contests

sneaky77

kamorra said:
And I have to buy them for 60€, that's about 90$. And I have to pay about 15€ which is about 23€ for a 1200 game. I understand that some games justify a higher price and Castle Crashers could possible be one of them but in Europe the price question works as a excuse. At least for me.

So what you're saying is you get paid your salary in US dollars?

Ramenman

So, why are the Cards 2100 points ?

It sucks, I can't buy two 1200 points games :(

Meh :(

Edit : Which of course means Braid will probably wait. Haha, Crashers ftw.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
sneaky77 said:
So what you're saying is you get paid your salary in US dollars?

I'm pointing out that games including buying MS points are more expensive in Europe. Do you think we getting more money because virtually everything cost more?

Icarus said:

I'll buy BC:R for 800 points, I wouldn't have for 1200. It's just slight difference between a purchase, and an impulse purchase. If that difference convinces enough people like me to buy it, then it will have been a smart move. Plus people who buy the XBLA game are more likely to buy the next gen version too. It's about spreading word vs making a quick buck.

Castle Crashers at 1200 will need to convince me of it's worth. I look forward to the demo.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
handofg0d said:

Stock up people.

Thanks, you're my hero. I owed a friend 1600 points on a bet now it's like I only lose 10 bucks.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
All this price whining is hilarious to me.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 = $10
Braid = $15
Bionic Commando: Rearmed = $10
Castle Crashers = $15
--------------
Total - $50

Thats four INSANELY amazing games for less than your random "full" release. I guarantee you every single one of the people complaining about prices of XBLA games this month have at least one or two games they spent $60 on and didn't play it for nearly the amount of time they'd spend playing these 4 quality games.

Anyways - count me in. I've been hyped for this for over 2 years now, $15 is a pittance when presented with such unadulterated awesome.

Anyone who thinks the high price is not an issue should read this thread. The mere fact that 90 percent of the posts about this cool looking game are about the price should tell the devs something.
I DO think that MS is slowly raising our expectations about the base price of XBLA games. 800 point games are the new 400 point games, 1200 the new 800 and so on.

The worse thing is, they're getting better at manipulating us.

XBLA staff meeting.

Staffer A: "I'd like to price CC at 1200 points."
Staffer B: "Won't they complain like they did when Braid came out at that price?"
A: "Hm.... I've got it. Let's release a rumor that we're going to price it at 1600 points. When they find out it's 1200 they'll be relieved and rush out to buy it."

Two days later..

B. "It worked. The neogaf forum folks are professing their love for us for pricing it at 400 points higher than it's worth!!!" You're a genius A.

Artadius

Guled said:
hey, I haven't been keeping up with this game at all, so can anyone tell me what its all about?

Try trolling less, it's amazing how much time you'd free up to catch the awesome stuff like this.

sonicmj1

NattyBohman said:
Anyone who thinks the high price is not an issue should read this thread. The mere fact that 90 percent of the posts about this cool looking game are about the price should tell the devs something.
That the thread is on topic?

I mean, it's a thread about the price announcement. I'd hope that most of the posts in it would be about the price.

NattyBohman said:

I don't think they can hear that something over the steadily rising Braid returns.

Mamesj

Banned
DKo5 said:
All this price whining is hilarious to me.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 = $10
Braid = $15
Bionic Commando: Rearmed = $10
Castle Crashers = $15
--------------
Total - $50

Thats four INSANELY amazing games for less than your random "full" release. I guarantee you every single one of the people complaining about prices of XBLA games this month have at least one or two games they spent $60 on and didn't play it for nearly the amount of time they'd spend playing these 4 quality games.

Anyways - count me in. I've been hyped for this for over 2 years now, $15 is a pittance when presented with such unadulterated awesome.

great way of putting it. yep, I'm sure plenty of dumb gaffers impulse bought some crap game like Dark Sector or Tom Clancy's Frontlines: Fuel of Call of the Ghost Ops Duty War

Top Bottom