• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castle Crashers officially priced - 1200 Microsoft Points ($15)

sneaky77

Dark Octave said:
Matinee (or however the hell you spell it) tickets are about $7 here. But who goes to the movies alone and at 1pm? 99% of the time I'm shelling out $18.50 at 7pm for me and my GF, for a one and a half, maybe two hour movie. All I have to take home with me to keep is a ticket stub and memories. Then if I like it enough, I'll turn around and buy it three months later on Blu-Ray for $35. Obviously worth it because I still do it, and plan to continue doing it, but $15 for Castle Crashers sounds like a great deal by comparison.

If you have a gf, you wouldn't be going to the matinee by yourself lol..

MMaRsu

Banned
What's so special about this game? Kinda looks like a flash game, but nothing special. Just a sidescrolling beat em up...

sneaky77 said:
If you have a gf, you wouldn't be going to the matinee by yourself lol..
We saw TDK the second day it released on a saturday afternoon stroll through the mall. Enjoying the sun, food, and crowd. I noticed there was no line at the movies so I rushed it because I was almost convinced I wasn't going to get a chance to see it for a week maybe. Tickets came to $14 for the pair, so I did the math. :p

I've never been to the movies by myself. Sounds pretty depressing though.

MMaRsu said:
What's so special about this game? Kinda looks like a flash game, but nothing special. Just a sidescrolling beat em up...
What do you consider special?

MMaRsu said:

That is my question as well. I just don't understand the hype around this one. I guess I'll have to play the demo before spending $15 sight unseen.

Teknoman

REV 09 said:
does anyone know if this game supports mixing and matching players on local boxes and xbl? For instance, can i have two players on one box and then another two on live?

Yes. Yes it does.

Also all you people asking about whats the big deal, have you ever played X-men the Arcade game, or Guardian Heroes? High quality beat em ups with large character rosters are always a good thing.

Then again...there are still people asking whats the big deal about Braid and Bionic Commando so it cant be helped.

BenjaminBirdie said:
http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

Say goodbye to your afternoon.

;D

Checked it out, and again, I don't get all they hype. Look, I might play it and change my mind, but from what I've seen it looks like a flash version of Golden Axe. I also found Alien Hominid to be decent, although not the second coming of Christ that everyone made it out to be at the time.

RedNumberFive said:
Checked it out, and again, I don't get all they hype. Look, I might play it and change my mind, but from what I've seen it looks like a flash version of Golden Axe. I also found Alien Hominid to be decent, although not the second coming of Christ that everyone made it out to be at the time.

Well, I guess it doesn't click with you. For the people it does, people are hyped for it.

lol castle crasher pricing topics always crack me up. So much angsting over $15. I would easily pay $20+ for this game. I'd be interested to see peoples reactions if it got a full retail release and was priced @ $30. I also pity anyone who cannot understand the hype for this game. It just oozes quality and personality.

SuperEnemyCrab said:
lol castle crasher pricing topics always crack me up. So much angsting over $15. I would easily pay $20+ for this game. I'd be interested to see peoples reactions if it got a full retail release and was priced @ $30. I also pity anyone who cannot understand the hype for this game. It just oozes quality and personality.

Exactly. I mean, you know. Whatever. People say the same thing about Bioshock and Portal and LBP and Braid. Some things just don't click with people.

bathala

Banned
RedNumberFive said:
its racist :lol

RedNumberFive said:
At it's core it may be "just a flash version of Golden Axe". But there's a lot more that comes with it than that. You've got a different art style that is rarley seen in games. It's 2D. You've got humor and charm. There's four players online. Tons of different characters to choose from. It has RPG elements. 20 levels. It's inexpensive. And not to mention that Golden Axe was a great game. You don't see too many beat em ups nowadays.

But if you never cared for any of those things then I would never expect you to care for CC.

pr0cs

looking at some of their stuff on that dev blog I can't IMAGINE how long it took to draw all the shit for this game. Paladin's hands must be claws of doom because of the sheer amount of sprites/backgrounds/art needed to populate a game like this would be staggering.

Dark Octave said:
At it's core it may be "just a flash version of Golden Axe". But there's a lot more that comes with it than that. You've got a different art style that is rarley seen in games. It's 2D. You've got humor and charm. There's four players online. Tons of different characters to choose from. It has RPG elements. 20 levels. And not to mention that Golden Axe was a great game. You don't see too many beat em ups nowadays.

but if you never cared for any of those things than I would never expect you to care for CC.

Fair enough, like I said I'll give it a whirl once the demo was up. I was just surprised how hyped GAF has been for the last year on this one. For me, it got lost in the madness of downloadable games in the last month (Eden, Bionic Commando, GW2, etc.). I've been similarily puzzled by GAF's hype for Alan Wake, especially considering how little is known about it.

RedNumberFive said:
Fair enough, like I said I'll give it a whirl once the demo was up. I was just surprised how hyped GAF has been for the last year on this one. For me, it got lost in the madness of downloadable games in the last month (Eden, Bionic Commando, GW2, etc.). I've been similarily puzzled by GAF's hype for Alan Wake, especially considering how little is known about it.

You can understand why people would be hyped for a game which features a giant housecat clawing at you as a Ring Hazard, though, can't you?

RedNumberFive said:
Yeah, I'm confused about Alan Wake as well. What have they shown to be hyped about? All I've seen is a sleepy town and some guy walking with a jacket on. Plus, it looks like 1,000 other games out there.

I just need more info before I can go crazy like everyone else.

Teknoman

RedNumberFive said:

Reason being, its a brand new, high quality original game, in a long forgotten genre. Same works for Alien Hominid.

That and everyone could use a little more Guardian Heroes esque crazyness in their life :lol

As for Alan Wake, its dropped completely off the hype radar for me. A few nice trailers from awhile back...then nothing.

bathala said:
saracen.jpg

Guess this guy just flew over her head :lol

soldat7

MMaRsu said:

ccbg6_border.jpg

ccbg3_border.jpg

These screenshots should tell you everything you need to know.

And 4-player co-op.

PhatSaqs

Banned
pr0cs said:
looking at some of their stuff on that dev blog I can't IMAGINE how long it took to draw all the shit for this game. Paladin's hands must be claws of doom because of the sheer amount of sprites/backgrounds/art needed to populate a game like this would be staggering.
Yeah. That's one reason I can appreciate this game even before I play it. Dude is a beast with the pen.

Gowans

v1cious said:
i'll wait for the steam version.

360 only bud (port speculation can get you banned).

I'm normally all for multiplatform games so more people can enjoy it but after the horror that is/was the Bionic Commando thread (maybe a sign of the mutliplat games thread to come later in the year) I'm glad its not so people can actually talk about the game

HolyStar

Banned
Well, I thought this was going to be 1600. This game is actually worth 1200, unlike Braid, which I would have bought at a heartbeat at 800.

HolyStar said:
Well, I thought this was going to be 1600. This game is actually worth 1200, unlike Braid, which I would have bought at a heartbeat at 800.

Poor Braid. Never to leave even the remotest threads unscathed.

:(

*tear*

soldat7

HolyStar said:

You should take the 400 points you just saved on CC and buy Braid now.

HolyStar

Banned
rohlfinator said:
Nah, it's just HolyStar. I think Braid ran over his puppy.

No, it seems like a decent game. I just don't want to pay $15 for a 5 hour game that I am never going to play again. I don't know, I might buy it later depending on how much Street Fighter costs.

Gwanatu T

HolyStar said:
No, it seems like a decent game. I just don't want to pay $15 for a 5 hour game that I am never going to play again. I don't know, I might buy it later depending on how much Street Fighter costs.

How many FPS and action games have you bought at full price? $60 for a 5-8 hour game is the norm now, and people are complaining about $15 for an intelligent platformer that's 5 hours long? Unbelievable. Next thing you know people will be complaining about an incredible 4-player co-op beatemup with 22 playable characters, tons of stages and awesome replay value. Oh, wait...

GhaleonEB

HolyStar said:
You haven't played it.

It's not a five hour game.

It is more than worth playing again, not to mention the speed run challenges.

When did this become the Braid thread.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Poor Braid. Never to leave even the remotest threads unscathed.

:(

*tear*
Braid is a plague to XBLA and needs to fade into obscurity. The real victim here is Undertow, the greatest game to ever grace XBLA.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Im sold. Will be tons of unlockables that you can probly only get with multiple playthroughs and those pets... I must have them all!

FightyF

Banned
The Innocent X said:
That type of port speculation won't.

:lol

True-che

HolyStar if you can complete Braid 100% without resorting to any FAQ or help I'll crown you "King of GAF" and refund your $15. The thing is, I can enforce the fact that you may cheat, so the offer is off. :p

Slavik81

Hmm... I guess I'll be picking up Bionic Commando instead.
So many of these XBLA titles would have been instant buys, but they keep pricing them about $7 higher than I expected.

Microsoft and their ridiculous Canadian pricing isn't helping, either.

Baring any unforeseen disasters, I will be buying this day one.

I don't understand the pricing complaints with this game. It's packed to the brim with content- and has taken several years to develop. If anything, I was actually expecting it to be more expensive.

Top Bottom