• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

CNN/ORC Poll: Trump 44%, Clinton 39%, Johnson 9%, Stein 3%

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke to a Bernie or bust friend on Facebook that thinks it's better to split the party and fail, kick and scream because they didn't get their candidate over getting the option to stack the supreme court in their favor or y'know not allowing Trump anything. Absolutely silly.

Gotta be a mid twenty white guy.

Oh yes, it's because I am the first person who calls her the bigger hawk. Even liberal or left leaning media does that.

It's not that you're the first person it's that your reasons for doing so are completely illogical even if other people have said it first.

No, Trump is not less of a warhawk just because he doesn't have a record. It's such a monumentally bad argument that there really isn't anything to refute in the first place.

NastyBook

WE'RE DOING IT GAFFERS

Gonna feel so good come November being able to say "WE DID IT GAFFERS" if Trump wins.

We're making history bois!!! Lets goooo!!!
Can't tell if you're joking or not, but I honestly can't be surprised by somebody who wasted 5k on a CSGO gambling site being a fan of Trump.

A hard time is putting it lightly. Without Florida he can't win. The demographics in Florida don't favor him in the slightest as Cuban Americans are starting to lean more to dems, and Puerto Ricans are now almost as big as the Cuban voting block. Puerto Ricans also lean democrat. With all the bullshit he has spewed about Hispanics it's going to hurt him badly in Florida. He's going to have to win the white vote by extremely large numbers to offset the losses he's going to have with Hispanics in that state. There just won't be enough white voters for him to do that though. Just to show you how bad of a loss Florida would be Clinton could win Florida, and lose Ohio, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa and New Hampshire and she could still hit 270. That's how significant Florida is to Trumps campaign.

The beauty of the asshole racists completely decimating the Republican Party in a crucial, yet winnable election followed by their infighting as they try and place blame on everyone but themselves.

kamspy

A hard time is putting it lightly. Without Florida he can't win. The demographics in Florida don't favor him in the slightest as Cuban Americans are starting to lean more to dems, and Puerto Ricans are now almost as big as the Cuban voting block. Puerto Ricans also lean democrat. With all the bullshit he has spewed about Hispanics it's going to hurt him badly in Florida. He's going to have to win the white vote by extremely large numbers to offset the losses he's going to have with Hispanics in that state. There just won't be enough white voters for him to do that though. Just to show you how bad of a loss Florida would be Clinton could win Florida, and lose Ohio, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa and New Hampshire and she could still hit 270. That's how significant Florida is to Trumps campaign.

You think Cubans and Puerto Ricans who immigrated here legally feel slighted by him going after Mexican illegal immigrants?

My longshot be is the hispanic vote not being the complete landslide people expect.

102271-ghostbusters-scared-run-away-g-wlst.gif

Time to leave this country I think, the racists can have it.

20 y/o white girl, so fairly close. But you guys are kinda right about everything else. Even another friend who's a Bernie supporter, isnt fond of Clinton and buys into the Bernie email conspiracy plans to vote dem because he realizes the reality of this situation.

So first POTUS vote? Idealism, is so cute.

So she is going to vote for Trump now?

Erevador

I just spoke to a Bernie or bust friend on Facebook that thinks it's better to split the party and fail, kick and scream because they didn't get their candidate over getting the option to stack the supreme court in their favor or y'know not allowing Trump anything. Absolutely silly.
Gotta be a mid twenty white guy.
And selfish, don't forget that part. Me, me, me, me!
20 y/o white girl, so fairly close. But you guys are kinda right about everything else. Even another friend who's a Bernie supporter, isnt fond of Clinton and buys into the Bernie email conspiracy plans to vote dem because he realizes the reality of this situation.
Lot of panicked vitriol in this thread. Perhaps you all should spend more time convincing other voters of your candidate's quality, and less time denigrating those voters for their demographic characteristics and calling them selfish. Shockingly, those are tactics that don't prove very effective.

So first POTUS vote? Idealism, is so cute.

So she is going to vote for Trump now?
I think she plans to vote for Jill Stien because she "morally cannot support Hilary Clinton" why exactly that is? I don't know. But I also had a talk with some Trump supporters on my Facebook last night too who are still trumpeting the "Hilary supported a rapist!" And that she's corrupt despite me providing proof of their ignorance on the rape case along with Trump's recent dealings with asking foreign politicians for money and getting in bed with Putin. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's stuff like that along with that stupid Hilary Clinton movie which Trump supporters take as fact.
These people man.
Lot of panicked vitriol in this thread. Perhaps you all should spend more time convincing other voters of your candidate's quality, and less time denigrating those voters for their demographic characteristics and calling them selfish. Shockingly, those are tactics that don't prove very effective.
Well I mean, I did, and that was the result. What more do you want me to say? I've been good friends with them for a few years so despite it being shitty, to say, they're not exactly wrong. Some people have tunnel vision and aren't interested in being swayed.

SarusGray

Agreed.

I mean, c'mon! We absolutely have to make ourselves feel good about our own moral compasses by slagging on others.

Not

Banned
Uh huh. We'll see after the DNC. But man if I haven't been worried that the Republicans will rally hard to keep a woman who cares about women's rights out of office, no matter their own candidate.

Nothing is going to convince them, they want Bernie and if they don't get it they want to burn it down. Did you even read what you were replying to? It isn't my job to convince you or anyone else, Hillary has laid out her plan for America quite well. People are mad and they aren't being rational, they are acting like a spoiled child who didn't get what he wants.

It is exceptionally selfish to say fuck this shit. You have a binary choice here, you are either voting for Clinton or you are voting for Trump. By all means, go Brexit, that worked out so well.

Nothing is going to convince them, they want Bernie and if they don't get it they want to burn it down. Did you even read what you were replying to? It isn't my job to convince you or anyone else, Hillary has laid out her plan for America quite well. People are mad and they aren't being rational, they are acting like a spoiled child who didn't get what he wants.

It is exceptionally selfish to say fuck this shit. You have a binary choice here, you are either voting for Clinton or you are voting for Drumpf. By all means, go Brexit, that worked out so well.

So, what good is your assessment and reaction that's two, or maybe three, degrees away from baby boomers bitching about millennials being inherently lazy and ungrateful.

Unbounded

Does this mean we can stop being overconfident that Trump won't win the election?

Because ffs, I really don't want Trump to win the election, and saying "He won't win the election" hasn't seemed to help any lately.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I actually want Trump to win because I would really enjoy the inevitable CHAOS :)

#teamTrump

I actually want Drumpf to win because I really enjoy the CHAOS :)

#teamTrump

pleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispostpleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispostpleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispostpleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispostpleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispostpleasedontmakethenext10pagesbeaboutthispost

I'm equally opposed to both of them. At least the Dems have a sliver of a chance to change their nominee. There will be enough ammo by the end of the week to make it look legit on paper. Hell, Nixon got impeached for erasing 18 minutes of a cassette tape. I'm betting the dirt in these next 4 leaks will trump that if the DNC would look for a legal way out of this.

There are no shortage of better options in the party. In fact, I can't think of any Democrat with more unsightly baggage than Clinton. If it comes down to Clinton and Trump, which it will, I'm 99% sure I'm going 3rd or 4th party.

Vote fourth party? You're going to vote for a foreign power or commit treason to help a foreign power invade?

Pretty sure you're a troll account.

trembli0s

What's absolutely stunning to me is how much cash the Clinton campaign has already burned through and how it essentially has had 0 real effect on the campaign so far.

We're talking 40-to-1 margins in battlefield states. And yet Trump is still holding ground, or even gaining, in some of those places.

If the Republican money men seriously see an opportunity here to just eviscerate Hillary this could get pretty dicey.

DJ_Lae

Trump won't be president, will he? This has long since stopped being a joke and is only more terrifying day by day.

I mean, even as an outsider Hillary doesn't seem to be a spectacular choice but she's by far the lesser of two evils here, it's not even a comparison.

Though we've already had Duterte in the Philippines and then Brexit, having a Trump presidency wouldn't be that out of place I guess. But thinking about it feels like a coming apocalypse.

mike6467

It is exceptionally selfish to say fuck this shit. You have a binary choice here, you are either voting for Clinton or you are voting for Trump. By all means, go Brexit, that worked out so well.

You're making the assumption all BoB people are beyond reach. If that's the case then it does no good to belittle them and call them names unless you're just stroking your own ego. I doubt that's the case however (based entirely on my personal friends, there's plenty of pro Bernie democrats pissed about the primary but still on the fence). So assuming those people exist, all you're doing is further isolating them.

I understand the binary 1 or 0 thinking here, but there's still a lot of people who can be swayed, and while insulting them may make you feel better, it's not going to bring in the votes against Trump, which should be the primary concern right now. Communicate facts and empirical data, maybe you turn 5%, but insulting people and calling them names will bring in 0%.

TheFatOne

You think Cubans and Puerto Ricans who immigrated here legally feel slighted by him going after Mexican illegal immigrants?

My longshot be is the hispanic vote not being the complete landslide people expect.

Hispanics across the board don't like Trump. Look at his unfavorable with Hispanics. Don't know why they would suddenly vote for a man who is racist against them. It would take a miracle for Hispanics to vote for Trump/Republicans now at less than a 60% clip. Only 35% of latino voters voted for Romney. Now you have a man who is clearly racist against them, and somehow that number is going to be better? Hitting that 35% is going to be nearly impossible for Trump, and it may go as low as 20%. It's going to be absolutely brutal in terms of the Hispanic vote. Trump is doubling down on scaring enough white voters to win.

While that may work in some key states it won't play in Florida, and Florida is an absolute must win. In this scenario you are just going with a gut feeling and not with the current reality of the situation. It's dire for the Republicans in terms of the Hispanic vote. They knew after 2012 they had to have a serious outreach for the Hispanic vote or they could doom their chances at presidential elections. They said as much in their 2012 post mortem. Yet here we are today. Trump would need a miracle to hit that 35% number Romney got. It's not going to happen, and Republicans are now running the risk of loosing the Hispanic vote. If the Hispanic vote turns like the black vote for Democrats it's over for Republicans.

Edit:Also please read those two links in my other post. Cuban Americans are starting to lean more left, and they don't have nearly as much dominance in terms of the Hispanic vote in Florida anymore. Cubans represent 31% of the HIspanic vote while Puerto Ricans now represent 27%. Republican know just how dire the situation is for them right now, but they can't do anything because their base will eat them alive.

Blader

Oh yes, it's because I am the first person who calls her the bigger hawk. Even liberal or left leaning media does that.

He didn't say you were the first person to call her a war hawk, he just said your reasoning for it -- that Trump is somehow less dangerous because he has never had the opportunity to kill people through military action like Obama and Clinton have -- is completely ridiculous.

TheFatOne

The beauty of the asshole racists completely decimating the Republican Party in a crucial, yet winnable election followed by their infighting as they try and place blame on everyone but themselves.

Essentially the game for the Democrats is to make the association to Hispanic voters that Trump=Republicans, and if they are successful Republicans are fucked long term. It's going to be a change or die situation for them. Either change the party to be more inclusive to minorities, or die a slow death as the U.S. becomes a minority majority. It's beautiful .

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I'm assuming you hold the opinion because you're a selfish prick. Feel free to prove me wrong though.

I'm an european. I don't vote.
And if I was an american I would vote for Clinton.
I only think that if Trump wins the election it would be an amusing situation. So a part of me want it.

Thankfully 14 year olds can't vote so we don't have to worry about you contributing to a potential Trump victory.

I mean the negative outcomes obviously outweigh the amusement however part of me is incredibly interested in the psychological analysis of how all of this happened. It's literally changing the course of the world in a dramatic way. A Hilary win is pretty much status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom