• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2015 |OT| Austro-Australovision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitten

The Wurst mania sure fizzled out very quickly. Heard the song a few times on the radio right after the contest last year but after that he/she disappeared from the air completely.

I guess you can say there... *puts on sunglasses* . wasn't much meat on the bone .. yeaaaah

(yes, I'm already practising my lame puns for this thread )

Bring on this glorious trainwreck, it's the best time of year.

I still think Australia participating is a bit odd, but whatever.

In any case, not quite sure what'll top the butter churning gif this year, but we'll see.

The Uk should send One Direction or something.

Watched Ireland's contest the other week. Song is nice, singer is only 16. Hopefully we make the final.

alcohol

alcohol

alcohol is free

4mC962j.gif
4mC962j.gif
4mC962j.gif
4mC962j.gif

Having watched most of the national selection shows (shut up), right now my top 3 are Malta, Iceland, and Estonia. Everything seems kinda middle of the road so far, there haven't been many outright outstanding entries, but I don't think there is anything that sinks to what Poland did last year either.

Gradon

I think I'm the only person I've come across that likes UK's entry.

And I'm really excited Australia is finally able to compete this year.
I kinda want them to win just a little bit so they come back next year haha.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think I'm the only person I've come across that likes UK's entry.

And I'm really excited Australia is finally able to compete this year.
I kinda want them to win just a little bit so they come back next year haha.

I seriously cannot think of anything we have that can contribute to eurovision correctly.

AUUUUUUUUUUSTRALIA!

This Eurovision is going to be amazing!
I do hope Guy Sebastian does something suitably Eurovision. I just want a nice homage to our Aboriginal heritage that somehow ends up being horrendously racist.

It will be glorious.

Jasup

They're an established act with fans all over Europe that put on a nice show and had a catchy song. Not surprising in hindsight.

That's not really a recipe for success. There are many established acts that have failed to make an impact, for example Blue in 2011. They certainly had much more name recognition than Lordi around Europe, and the act really wasn't that terrible. The thing is that no matter how famous you are, most of the audience has no idea who you are - in the end it's a show your mother watches (at least mine does). Lordi had a good song, a good gimmick and a strong stage show, it was fresh and stood out.

On other point, I'm still a bit disappointed Finland sent Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät to the Eurovision. I'm still inclined to give them a proper sporty cheer, because the world needs their act. But on the other hand the Finnish national competition had my guilty pleasure song of the year: Opera Skaala - Heart of Light

besada

Banned
Subbing for butter churning goodness.

Kabouter got me into this last year by gleefully spamming crazy videos at me, so I figured I'd enjoy the fun first hand this time around.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Current odds:

Italy - 5/2
Estonia - 4/1
Sweden - 5/1
Finland - 9/1
Slovenia- 10/1
Norway - 16/1
Australia - 16/1
Azerbaijan - 20/1
UK - 25/1
Armenia - 25/1
Spain - 33/1
Greece - 33/1

Rapstah

Current odds:

Italy - 5/2
Estonia - 4/1
Sweden - 5/1
Finland - 9/1
Slovenia- 10/1
Norway - 16/1
Australia - 16/1
Azerbaijan - 20/1
UK - 25/1
Armenia - 25/1
Spain - 33/1
Greece - 33/1

Norway and Sweden are pretty interesting for countries that don't have a confirmed song yet. Are those better or worse odds for Norway than Sweden? Judging by the order of the list, worse, right?

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Norway and Sweden are pretty interesting for countries that don't have a confirmed song yet. Are those better or worse odds for Norway than Sweden? Judging by the order of the list, worse, right?

Yeah, worse as you go down.

All the other countries are 40/1 - 100/1.

Kinokou

Well, I've just skimmed through the songs, and I'm afraid there's nothing of the likes of human boat, dracula, or alcohol is free.

Norway has a potetial joke entry, title translates to "A well done pizza" and it's sung in Norwegian. We decide who to send to night.

Having watched most of the national selection shows (shut up), right now my top 3 are Malta, Iceland, and Estonia. Everything seems kinda middle of the road so far, there haven't been many outright outstanding entries, but I don't think there is anything that sinks to what Poland did last year either.

I'll drop you a link to our qualifier tomorrow unless you are Norwegian or got a work around for catching it live.

Rapstah

I don't think it's possible for there not to be a Manboat/Poland/Dubstep Knight moment every year. It'll happen somehow. There are a lot of tiny countries.

Jasper

Armenia have just released their Eurovision 2015 song/music video called "Don't Deny"...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVVvgD0-Mu0

They have actually taken a unique approach this year, as they have selected a single well respected & successful solo Armenian vocalist from each continent, to form a group called "Geneology"....

11034103_909819755705053_4874872964729468071_n.jpg

armenia-eurovision-2015-700x325.jpg

oti

Banned
Both Germany and Greece have great songs, hope they'll both reach the Top 10.

Italy or Estonia will win this.

shaowebb

I always enjoy hearing the music from this but know nothing about the entrants, the event or anything related to it. Anyone able to point me at some choice songs or entrants to watch?

I can't believe we're sending Guy Sebastian...

We should have gone with Machine Gun Fellatio instead.

I'll bet TISM would have come out of retirement if they'd've been asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom