• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV Main Story Takes 50 Hours, Airship Implementation Determined

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkeband

Banned
Creator of Epic Meal Time on YouTube among other things.

I feel like Epic Meal Time was relevant for about a month years ago. Square sure does spend money in bizarre ways.

As far as a CG movie, considering Square-Enix's history with CGI Final Fantasy movies, this screams fake.

-Horizon-

Since its pretty likely that they'll announce a special edition eventually, and assuming the worst that it'll be limited to square's online store I gotta ask: how do their preorder systems work? Do they charge at the moment of purchase or when it ships?

Since its pretty likely that they'll announce a special edition eventually, and assuming the worst that it'll be limited to square's online store I gotta ask: how do their preorder systems work? Do they charge at the moment of purchase or when it ships?

A week before it ships. Charges $1 at the time of order

I haven't preordered anything from amazon in forever do they charge upon shipment as well?

Ydelnae

I don't think the CG movie is happening. And if it happens, in no way it's going to be a feature length film. We're getting either a 20 minute cutscene or some audio drama like X-2.5

Ydelnae

What do you all want the boxart to look like? Since I don't think we're getting a Nomura artwork with the main cast for the boxart anymore, I would love it if the regular edition boxart was something like TW3's, with Noctis drawing his sword over white background and the logo.

74-103-353-11.jpg

And something like this for the limited edition (which must include a documentary of the game development, I will end S-E if they don't listen to me). I would be okay if the limited edition had exclusive game case + documentary DVD + artbook + jewel cased ost.

Just make it stylish.

What do you all want the boxart to look like? Since I don't think we're getting a Nomura artwork with the main cast for the boxart anymore, I would love it if the regular edition boxart was something like TW3's, with Noctis drawing his sword over white background and the logo.

74-103-353-11.jpg

And something like this for the limited edition (which must include a documentary of the game development, I will end S-E if they don't listen to me). I would be okay if the limited edition had exclusive game case + documentary DVD + artbook + jewel cased ost.

Just make it stylish.

Amano artwork... Like the Type-0 one

Mcdohl

Amano artwork... Like the Type-0 one

Amano artwork indeed.

I never liked FFXIII's one with just Lightning.

It will probably be Noctis looking like a badass though, just look at FF XIII, LR, XIV: ARR PS4s' covers.

Anyways, any word on being able to watch the event from consoles? I'm assuming the Twitch app would be enough for XONE, but what about PS4?

DJIzana

Like others have said, this event is called "Uncovered FFXV" for a reason.

What should be expected will basically revolve around FFXV. It is one of the the biggest game for SE and they have spent shit load of money on it. They aren't going to use that moment to put any other game like FFVII: Remake or FFXVI.

I have already stated what we should expect in term of surprise announcements. Chief among them could be a brand new CG movie, new tech demo (no surprise) and collaborations and release plans (DLC, Collector's Edition), merchandise etc. People who are expecting surprises like it is an E3 type event will only disappoint themselves. Announcing a new FFXVI or showcasing a different type of FF completely goes against the nature of this event.

I will be personally satisfied with another E3 2013 caliber trailer, release date and I would like to get a CG movie as well. I know it can be cheesy as FFVII: AC but I will still watch the heck out of it.

Regarding the marketing guy by SE (Harley). We have no idea if he even knows that Tabata has already revealed some details like the tech demo, or that there is a rumor of the CG movie. So maybe he thinks these are the secret announcements and for what it's worth, we already know them anyways. So don't take the word of any such marketing guy as gospel. Don't overhype, guys.

He's a YouTuber from Epic Meal Time (an amazing one that that). Not marketing for Square. Not sure why you thought he was.

Astral Dog

I want them to announce, besides the CG Movie,special edition, novels and soundtrack, a line of figures of the main five, Luna, and Regis,complete with voiceovers from the game.

Announcing anything outside of FFXV would be really like shooting yourself in the foot ! Man, they call this event Final Fantasy XV Uncovered, not Final Fantasy Uncovered (if you know what I mean)

He's a YouTuber from Epic Meal Time (an amazing one that that). Not marketing for Square. Not sure why you thought he was.
Judging from the amount of money SE spent on him, I guessed he was hired to market the event? Not sure what other reason is there to make him travel to Japan on SE's own expenses. He will hype the event of course.

Why do people want the CG movie rumor to be true? Please no. Use CGI and the storytelling for the actual game.
The actual game likely has zero CGI (Maybe just opening and ending) and considering the quality of Dawn trailer, the real-time stuff looks pretty sweet. Honestly there is no need for CGI. I don't remember any new CGI in Jump Festa trailer aside from the Versus era one.

SE has a whole division for creating CG movies for their franchise called Visual Works and you guys can bet on them working on a FFXV CG movie.

DeSolos

Flashbacks always fucking ruin pacing, or at least they do in FF games. I'd rather they stick to telling the story of what is happening during the game.

That's true if we're talking about a purely linear story, but FFXV has sidequests. If you hypothetically had a quest where you infiltrated a defunct Nifelheim stronghold and found old surveillance footage of Regis' exploits at the end of each mission objective, that would not ruin pacing as the footage is the payoff of the mission. Or if you want a less tangible example, you could have a mission where, again at the end of the mission, Noct finds a memento that reminds him of his father and he has a flashback to the memory the memento is tied to.

I'd agree that, when it comes to the main story, I definitely prefer them to focus on the adventure at hand, but this is a JRPG and JRPGs(despite how FFXIII may have portrayed the genre) are supposed to have optional side content that allow you to get more backstory that wouldn't otherwise properly fit in the main storyline.

If there is a FFXVI it might be announced next year since it's the series' 30th anniversary.

Not on a XV event lol

Is it me, or does "announced on an anniversary" pale in comparison to "released for an anniversary"? I don't doubt we might get some sort of announcement next year(announcing announcements of dates where they plan on announcing MORE things seems to be the kinda culture we live in nowadays), but getting something released ON a significant year anniversary is SOOOO much better than getting an announcement on that significant year for a game that will be released in a future, insignificant year.

Judging from the amount of money SE spent on him, I guessed he was hired to market the event? Not sure what other reason is there to make him travel to Japan on SE's own expenses. He will hype the event of course.

The actual game likely has zero CGI (Maybe just opening and ending) and considering the quality of Dawn trailer, the real-time stuff looks pretty sweet. Honestly there is no need for CGI. I don't remember any new CGI in Jump Festa trailer aside from the Versus era one.

SE has a whole division for creating CG movies for their franchise called Visual Works and you guys can bet on them working on a FFXV CG movie.

At this point, why even have CGI in the first place ? Real time graphics in the game are great. And in the future, it's easier for upports on next consoles. No need to retrieve files, just render the game at higher res. It also saves a lot of place.

I honestly cant believe it's been 10 years, I can remember being in middle school and raving about Versus 13, I can remember using google news damn near everyday looking for news. I could remember religiously watching whatever trailer came out, and there not being a scrap of news throughout the entirety of 2012 except for calls of Versus 13 being cancelled (which technically it was lol). I mean this game was the reason why I even lurked NeoGAF and now I finally have an account to be able to witness the Uncovered event with all of you. :) I think it's wonderful that some of us longtime fans will be finding closure for this game come later this year.

Like everyone else.... except I was an adult on announcement and now a 10 year older adult.

My excitement left long ago though.

DJIzana

It's called cross promotion. He still doesn't technically work for Square themselves.

You're probably wrong. The TGS trailer had a CG and it didn't look like it was for the opening.

Is it me, or does "announced on an anniversary" pale in comparison to "released for an anniversary"? I don't doubt we might get some sort of announcement next year(announcing announcements of dates where they plan on announcing MORE things seems to be the kinda culture we live in nowadays), but getting something released ON a significant year anniversary is SOOOO much better than getting an announcement on that significant year for a game that will be released in a future, insignificant year.

Totally agree with you, but... this is S-E... and we're talking about the FF series.

So we can't really expect a big game like XVI releasing next year. At best, they will reveal it. FFVIIR - Part One on the other hand could be considered the "commemorative" title (it's also FFVII's 20th anniversary).

JBwB

Like everyone else.... except I was an adult on announcement and now a 10 year older adult.

My excitement left long ago though.

Sorry to hear that.

It really has been a LONG time, but my excitement levels are just as high, if not higher than they were when Square Enix showed the first trailer back in 2006.

Oddly enough I'm going to miss waiting for this game when it finally releases.

ff15boxps4_zps87bec7c0.jpg

Can't be any other way, really
for Japan and Europe

Yeah, this is classy. Has NA ever had a good FF cover?

Also, I'm all for and Advent Children style movie as long as it releases in NA in a timely fashion and doesn't have important character development that should have been in the game (e.g., XIII's "novels").

Counting pre-show and post-show in, how long is the whole thing gonna be?
Watch it as i'm staying awake all damn night lol

Oh god yes this is perfect, i listened to a couple of song and it's cheesy enough to be in a FF lol
And with Shimomura composing it could turn out great!

edit: listening to this and FFFUUUUUUCKK i'd love if XV gets a song like this sang by Noctis!
Fucking god help me if a song like that happened in the game.

theofficefan99

There is no chance that XV's only CGI cinematics are the opening and ending. As others have said, there was that airship shot in the TGS trailer, along with the the Invasion scene and the scene between Noctis and Cor in the Jump Festa trailer. That's 3 different scenes right there, assuming that nothing else from the E3 2013 trailer survived.

Ydelnae

I'm talking about the airships part. I doubt Square would waste all the CGi they created till to day for the game since Versus XIII days.

Tabata said that they decided that they weren't going to use that much CG and that they replaced most of them with real time cutscenes, iirc. (I don't know if he meant, potential CG cutscenes or already made CG cutscenes) Either way, we did lose all the opening CG meant for Versus XIII (which looked awesome).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom