• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
No, that's Art.

Just realized three straight weeks of FG goodness. Curleh Yipes Five, NEC and The Haunts grand finals special.

Can't let the cat out of the bag yet. :)
Felicia DLC for SFxTK confirmed for big surprise at SF25th event.

jbug617

Banned
No, that's Art.

Just realized three straight weeks of FG goodness. Curleh Yipes Five, NEC and The Haunts grand finals special.

Can't let the cat out of the bag yet. :)

Capcom Fighters a real thing and not just for the 25th anniversary

Kellen

still perfect

BNt93.gif

AZ Greg

Need a hand TTT2 heads. What is the standard button layout for the arcade version. Wanna config my buttons to match.

It still boggles my mind that Crash, Spyro, and Classic Dante, three characters that people immediately think of when you mention Playstation, are noticeably absent from PS All-Stars. Meanwhile Big Daddy, a character who was an XBox 360 exclusive for nearly a year before coming to the PS3, is playable.

It still boggles my mind that Crash, Spyro, and Classic Dante, three characters that people immediately think of when you mention Playstation, are noticeably absent from PS All-Stars. Meanwhile Big Daddy, a character who was an XBox 360 exclusive for nearly a year before coming to the PS3, is playable.

No Solid Snake either. But they probably left him out because otherwise people might accuse the game of being too similar to Smash Bros.

edit: ultradavid

Azure J

The current Dante pick is a total bid for getting DmC some exposure with Dino and people feel "too cool" for Crash and Spyro (or at least that's what it comes off as when I hear from others offline, using the Sonic Clause [current games/incarnations suck therefore franchise and characters have always sucked] to back it up).

I'm surprised Tomba didn't find a way in myself.

Requires effort and money.

Requires effort and money.

You think Capcom would let them use old Dante when they have a game coming out with new Dante in it?

Big Daddy and Raiden didn't cost effort and money either?
The current Dante pick is a total bid for getting DmC some exposure with Dino and people feel "too cool" for Crash and Spyro (or at least that's what it comes off as when I hear from others offline, using the Sonic Clause [current games/incarnations suck therefore franchise and characters have always sucked] to back it up).

Nobody even knows about the newer Crash games past the first one that was on PS2, and for good reason. Same with Spyro. It's completely asinine to omit them, and a Final Fantasy rep, too.

sleepykyo

No Solid Snake either. But they probably left him out because otherwise people might accuse the game of being too similar to Smash Bros.

edit: ultradavid

That friendship. Buying a PS3 and the game to help Clock and S-Kill.

They do, but let's look at it the cast.

Raiden: MGR
Dante: DmC
Bioshock: bombed on the PS3

It's basically advertising for the 3rd parties. Spyro requires getting it from Activision and they don't give fuck. Then Crystal Dynamics laughed at licensing out Lara. PS B-list would be a more appropriate title.

People probably think more of Cloud and the cars of GTA/GT when you think of PS.

Anth0ny

First 5 characters I think of when I think Playstation are: Crash, Solid Snake, Cloud, Alucard, Spyro.

None are playable...

Too cool for Crash and Spyro but Parappa, Sackboy and fucking Toro are okay? lol

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

Probably less so. I know Bioshock Infinite is supposed to have more stuff on the PS3 version so getting a Bioshock character into the game isn't much of a stretch. There's also that new Raiden game or w/e coming out.

When was the last Crash game or the last not Skylander Spyro game? Maybe if there were newer games with these two that people care about whoever owns them would be more willing to lend them out. I'm sure Sony tried to get them but oh well.

And fuck Crash.

ismk

I don't understand why Sony is trying to push All-Stars to the FGC. It isn't going to work and even if it does, it'll have a niche group that a lot of the FGC look down upon.

My guess for Anniversary Tournament event announcement is probably an update to SSF4. Probably 2013 Edition and bringing the SF models from SFxT over to SSF4 as new characters.

dude mario 64 and diddy kong racing were part of that gen

Diddy Kong Racing is better than Mario Kart 64, which isn't hard since MK64 was a pile of shit. Still can't top CTR.

Crash 3 being better than Mario 64 is probably a strong statement though, I'll give you that.

ismk

Diddy Kong Racing is better than Mario Kart 64, which isn't hard since MK64 was a pile of shit. Still can't top CTR.

Crash 3 being better than Mario 64 is probably a strong statement though, I'll give you that.

What? Mario Kart 64 was crap? How dare you.....

Top Bottom