• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That's called a Player Hater Degree.

LOL my friends always linked me to that haters skit from dave chappelle

Cool. I never noticed you were so consistent in your timing.

Alright, I thiiiink this is closer to FGC discussion than Marvel OT discussion, but I'll defer to Enzo's judgment if he thinks otherwise:
https://twitter.com/MarlinPie/status/272822597559930882

I am ready to see some serious MarlinPie growth, because the man has been lagging.

I see tears of a man that has to leave a better game to play something more relevant. Poor guy.

Anth0ny

The only thing Ray Ray does better than Fanatiq is fancier combos, real talk.

Fanatiq has the better Magneto and Sentinel. Whether it's mirror matches or not. He is better at the game, period. Yipes and Matrix are just on some east coast bias shit right now.

No disrespect to Ray Ray, I think the dude has a TON of potential, especially considering how new he is to Marvel. Maybe someday, he'll be at Fanatiq's level. But not right now.

Fanatiq has the better Magneto and Sentinel. Whether it's mirror matches or not. He is better at the game, period. Yipes and Matrix are just on some east coast bias shit right now.

No disrespect to Ray Ray, I think the dude has a TON of potential, especially considering how new he is to Marvel. Maybe someday, he'll be at Fanatiq's level. But not right now.
I can see the Magneto argument, but Sentinel? No way.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ray Ray has the best sentinel in Marvel and he always has, Fanatiq doesnt pull off the bullshit wins Ray Ray does with him

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ok amazon is doing cyber monday stuff but from the looks of it it's the same as the stuff they were doing for black friday
http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=br_lf_m_6131121011_grlink_1?ie=UTF8&node=6131121011&plgroup=1

so I'll repost it

Oh yeah was meant to post this before

Amazon has matched some of those and also has some other fighting game related deals.

http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=br_lf_m_6131121011_pglink_1?ie=UTF8&node=6131121011&plgroup=3&plpage=1

MK9: Komplete Edition (I guess includes the DLC characters)- $20
MK vs. DC- $15
UMVC3- $20
DOA5- $30
P4A- $30
AE- $17
BBCS EXTEND standard edition- $15/ Limited edition- $20

WWE All-Stars Brawl Stick- $30
Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick PRO- $100
Street Fighter X Tekken - Arcade FightStick Cross- $100
Mad Catz MLG Pro Controller (pad)- $80
Mad Catz Street Fighter X Tekken - FightPad SD (has different designs)- $20

edit- oh yeah this thread is done in an hour woops.

this is your fault enzo

Azure J

RayRay doesn't play Sentinel, he plays Wing Zero. Wing Zero doesn't lose 1-9 match ups.

I am SO GLAD Marvel GAF (and FGC-GAF in general) are a bunch of relapsed Toonami/Anime heads. I'm also still mad that I don't have Photoshop talent because I still want to see this done:

The final frames with the zoom in on the Wing Zero should be a zoom in on White Sentinel.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck it, this thread is done in less than an hour anyways:

The only thing Fanatiq's (or Champ's) Magneto had on RayRay's was hit confirms. So yeah, get back to me when Fanatiq learns max damage Magnetic Blast combos, gets as versatile as RayRay's or gets hit confirms on RayRay's level.

Fanatiq is the better player, but only slightly. That goes beyond Storm being more useful than Ryu, and has to do with a lot of his decision making, but he doesn't have a better Mags or Sent. Sent is not debatable.

Fuck it, this thread is done in less than an hour anyways:

The only thing Fanatiq's (or Champ's) Magneto had on RayRay's was hit confirms. So yeah, get back to me when Fanatiq learns max damage Magnetic Blast combos, gets as versatile as RayRay's or gets hit confirms on RayRay's level.

These 2 also understand the importance of the risk/reward factor, and how the marginally better damage those Magnetic Blast combos have isn't worth how unreliable that combo is. An extra L put in to hit confirm that combo screws it up and makes it drop out easily. The fact that RayRay doesn't understand it is why he's not on the level of those 2 players. The same could be said about his Sentinel, how many times has his opponents dropped out of hard drive loops and why does he still always go for it when simplier combos will do?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
These 2 also understand the importance of the risk/reward factor, and how the marginally better damage those Magnetic Blast combos have isn't worth how unreliable that combo is. An extra L put in to hit confirm that combo screws it up and makes it drop out easily. The fact that RayRay doesn't understand it is why he's not on the level of those 2 players. The same could be said about his Sentinel, how many times has his opponents dropped out of hard drive loops and why does he still always go for it when simplier combos will do?
This holds no weight because RayRay close to never fucks up his BnB, at about the same rate as Fanatiq never drops his BnB. Also, I can't even remember the last time one of his opponents dropped out of Hard Drive loops, and both times pre- or around EVO.

Y'all REALLY talking like the last time you saw RayRay play was months ago. He's tightened his game up a TON, and now only goes for what is sufficient in serious matches, his performance at Curleh and Big Two confirm that.

Zissou

Rayray goes for overly complex stuff sometimes and it bites him in the ass, but I think he's generally pretty consistent. I think Marlinpie is way worse when it comes to not dumbing down the stuff he needs to.

Top Bottom