• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

Gonna go with this.
I thought you wanted something current-event-y? That's been the slogan of fighting game streams for the last 1-2 years!

Will it make people shut up about these effectively being Marvel weekly threads, or will people complain more?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I thought you wanted something current-event-y? That's been the slogan of fighting game streams for the last 1-2 years!

Will it make people shut up about these effectively being Marvel weekly threads, or will people complain more?
I don't know, people shut up about it until Conceited came back, probably because the Marvelousness of these threads has decreased since. I'll still direct people back to the Marvel thread if it heads in that direction though, and I encourage everyone to try their best to keep discussion where it respectively belongs though. I just hate to be the person to say it because I don't want to be some sort of authority here, and am not in any way, but really OT discussion should be in the OT.

I can see people being upset about it though if they can't accept that most of the streams out are Marvel streams now.

The Fanatiq Magneto thing is still going on. Yipes is the latest comment after Fanatiq wants another money match and Yipes wants to what a money match has to do with it.

https://twitter.com/IFCYipeS/status/272882813898993664
I love how Fanatiq just ignored Matrix' entire argument.

EDIT: I REALLY need to stop using the word "though" so much. Weird tendency that's emerged in all of my writing recently.

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
I don't know, people shut up about it until Conceited came back, probably because the Marvelousness of these threads has decreased since. I'll still direct people back to the Marvel thread if it heads in that direction though, and I encourage everyone to try their best to keep discussion where it respectively belongs though. I just hate to be the person to say it because I don't want to be some sort of authority here, and am not in any way, but really OT discussion should be in the OT.

I'm just messing around, I don't care what these threads are about, I barely even read them anymore tbh.

I'm a bit anti-marvel...as some might have picked up. However I believe that threads don't talk about marvel, people talk about marvel. You and Parallex Scroll talk twice as much as anybody else in this thread and no doubt that is what you are most interested in talking about.

I'd much rather read through lots of marvel talk then nothing. It doesn't hurt anybody and often it is very good. There is also no chance of me going into the OT, so it helps to know what is going on when I watch the end of a tournament or the very rare major.

Why should Marvel get to stomp around like a giant, while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? What's so great about Marvel? Hm? OK Street Fighter is just as cute as Marvel. Street Fighter is just as smart as Marvel. People totally like Street Fighter just as much as they like Marvel. And when did it become okay for one game to be the boss of everybody, huh? Because that's not what FGC is about. We should totally just *stab* MARVEL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPDt6cMYvoM

Also, <3 Lacey Chabert, stay away you brutes

I can see people being upset about it though if they can't accept that most of the streams out are Marvel streams now.
I look at it the opposite way. The weekly FGC threads are centered around the events, but it's also a place where any fighting game talk is welcome.

Take the following situation:
I miss Curleh Mustache 5, and ask for someone to post an archive link to the Moons FT5 MM. That, I think, properly belongs in this thread.

So I watch the FT5, and of course, it still being an event, I want to comment on it so others can respond. Now I'm talking about "Marvel".

Someone responds about the matchup and what's going on in the match. Ack! Now we're having a "Marvel" discussion in the FGC thread. Should we stop?

I think the situation is impossible to avoid and just needs to be accepted.

Just my two cents.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm a bit anti-marvel...as some might have picked up. However I believe that threads don't talk about marvel, people talk about marvel. You and Parallex Scroll talk twice as much as anybody else in this thread and no doubt that is what you are most interested in talking about.

I'd much rather read through lots of marvel talk then nothing. It doesn't hurt anybody and often it is very good. There is also no chance of me going into the OT, so it helps to know what is going on when I watch the end of a tournament or the very rare major.
Most of what I post is just copy pasta from Eventhubs though! D:

But still I want to make sure these threads still give all communities shine. I don't have much time on my hands (yes my posts per day probably contradicts this) so I can't be out researching everything going on like USD but I don't want people to come in here and be hesitant to post some GG, SG, Arcsys and Namco game stuff because it looks like it's a Marvel thread and nobody will read that shit anyways. It's supposed to be about spreading the LOVE.

I look at it the opposite way. The weekly FGC threads are centered around the events, but it's also a place where any fighting game talk is welcome.

Take the following situation:
I miss Curleh Mustache 5, and ask for someone to post an archive link to the Moons FT5 MM. That, I think, properly belongs in this thread.

So I watch the FT5, and of course, it still being an event, I want to comment on it so others can respond. Now I'm talking about "Marvel".

Someone responds about the matchup and what's going on in the match. Ack! Now we're having a "Marvel" discussion in the FGC thread. Should we stop?

I think the situation is impossible to avoid and just needs to be accepted.

Just my two cents.
Yeah I agree, but the line is hard to draw. When people were talking about infinites in this thread and posting all the infinite YT links in this thread liberally, the Marvel thread was relatively dead at the time, and most of the posting was going on here. Where do you draw the line between talking about a stream, stuff on the stream, stuff relevant to what's on stream, and the game in general? I think the Marvel OT has a much different type of discourse going on there anyways so there still should be a line, but admittedly, it is hazy. When tier discussion #54890345 begins, I think people should take it to the OT.

Dahbomb

Hey man I always "take it to the OT" as reflective of my post count in the OT. If there is a controversial debate going on here in this thread (like Fanatiq's MODOK top 5 comment) then I have to chime in.

Fighting Games Weekly | "I got a PhD in Mahvel Theory"
Fixed and awesome.

I love how Fanatiq just ignored Matrix' entire argument.

EDIT: I REALLY need to stop using the word "though" so much. Weird tendency that's emerged in all of my writing recently.

You want to know what's funny? I remember this exact argument in MVC2 when Fanatiq was on the other side and so was Matrix. It's like they switched roles in MVC3. HAHA both are complete fucking hypocrites.

Might as well call marvel player politicians at this point.

Either way if we it this way there can't be any "best" since the game is designed 3v3 and not 1v1 and even if you have a mirror match it doesn't show who's best. It just shows who the better Mag vs Mag player and that means we've come full circle and hit the Street Fighter debate.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hey man I always "take it to the OT" as reflective of my post count in the OT. If there is a controversial debate going on here in this thread (like Fanatiq's MODOK top 5 comment) then I have to chime in.

Fixed and awesome.
Nah, I'm not singling anyone out, and I think it's okay for something like that to be commented on. I'm just thinking aloud that if this line is/was bothering people, where should we draw it?

You want to know what's funny? I remember this exact argument in MVC2 when Fanatiq was on the other side and so was Matrix. It's like they switched roles in MVC3. HAHA both are complete fucking hypocrites.

Might as well call marvel player politicians at this point.
The drama. We all feed on it, it's what keeps Mahvel chugging. Fanatiq has grown increasingly tiresome and idiotic since the RayRay money match, and the fact that RayRay is a really cool and humble dude doesn't help either.

Fighting Games Weekly | "I got a PhD in Marvel Theory"
You know I love you Karst, but..

tumblr_ma805s9kiR1qg1ry6o3_250.gif

Nah, I'm not singling anyone out, and I think it's okay for something like that to be commented on. I'm just thinking aloud that if this line is/was bothering people, where should we draw it?

The drama. We all feed on it, it's what keeps Mahvel chugging. Fanatiq has grown increasingly tiresome and idiotic since the RayRay money match, and the fact that RayRay is a really cool and humble dude doesn't help either.

At least he's straight forward. I've been around too many around the bush niggas that I can't stand that shit. That fake ass humble shit annoy me (I'm not talking about Ray Ray since I don't know him personally), but you know those types. Fuck them corny ass mother fuckers. You're absolutely right about Fanatiq does go full stupid a lot lately, but at least he put his money here his big ass mouth is.

Chavelo

At least he's straight forward. I've been around too many around the bush niggas that I can't stand that shit. That fake ass humble shit annoy me (I'm not talking about Ray Ray since I don't know him personally), but you know those types. Fuck them corny ass mother fuckers. You're absolutely right about Fanatiq does go full stupid a lot lately, but at least he put his money here his big ass mouth is.

Or maybe there's people that don't give a shit about drama over fucking video games?

Just a thought.

Oh, right, I forgot. YO REAL TALK, SON. UHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET AT ME.

Or maybe there's people that don't give a shit about drama over fucking video games?

Just a thought.

Oh, right, I forgot. YO REAL TALK, SON. UHHHHHHHHHHHHH GET AT ME.

I think you misread what I've said. This has nothing to do with video games. This has to do with people who are around the bushes. Here's what I think should of happened

Chris Matrix: Look Fanatiq I think Ray Ray is the Magnus. Can I prove it? No I can't, but it's my mother fucking opinion and I have the right to that.

Fanatiq: Aiite nigga I see ya. You fucking wrong, but whatever if ya mother fuckers want to back Ray Ray holla at me.

You see that? It took me like 6 sentence to settle the stupid beef which these mother fuckers take 12 tweets and get nowhere.

Once again you can replace the video game part with anything.... money, cars, women, sports etc...

Chavelo

Video gamez r serious bizness son.

yo son get at me offline yo i smack yo head upside the fuckin' head wut wut team realbroskis 4 lyfe we in therrrrreee

<3

I think you misread what I've said. This has nothing to do with video games. This has to do with people who are around the bushes.

So why is this even an issue on this side of the forum, then? Sounds more like something that should go to the OT. :D

Chavelo

Nikka plz wat u no abt me son I'm a bop ya panzy azz

lol :p

Sidenote: Seriously, Dahbomb. No excuse to not go to EVO next year now that you're in the US. I'll even get a suite going for the Colorado crew and GAF dudes to hit up to warm up and get some casuals. START SAVING RIGHT NOW, EVEN IF IT IS JUST 20 BUCKS EVERY PAYCHECK. :<

Dahbomb

Its not about the money its about elective work scheduling. I will definitely one year go to EVO just for the experience... MAYBE next year (2014). The offer is appreciated.

lol :p

Sidenote: Seriously, Dahbomb. No excuse to not go to EVO next year now that you're in the US. I'll even get a suite going for the Colorado crew and GAF dudes to hit up to warm up and get some casuals. START SAVING RIGHT NOW, EVEN IF IT IS JUST 20 BUCKS EVERY PAYCHECK. :<

If you do it you must stream!

ROFL. I'm cool with it.

And what the hell is that gif from? Whenever I see someone post that guy with his horrible ebonic grammar I want to slay a kitten.

That so many people think I have a Ph.D just goes to show how awful people are at reading. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular unless that person explicitly made a post saying such.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
ROFL. I'm cool with it.

That so many people think I have a Ph.D just goes to show how awful people are at reading. Not pointing fingers at anyone in particular unless that person explicitly made a post saying such.

I have a PH.D
in taunting

Chavelo

Its not about the money its about elective work scheduling. I will definitely one year go to EVO just for the experience... MAYBE next year (2014). The offer is appreciated.

Tell em that you need to go to Vegas because a relative died. Even though I'm pretty sure they know that you don't have any family relatives living in the US, let alone Vegas. :p

If you do it you must stream!

Of course! :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ROFL. I'm cool with it.

And what the hell is that gif from? Whenever I see someone post that guy with his horrible ebonic grammar I want to slay a kitten.

Loaded Lux vs. Calicoe rap battle. It's a long video, but I highly encourage you and everyone else in this thread to go to 34:00 and watch the IRL Chris G unleash a flurry of Soul Drains on his opponent his reputation. He actually has quite a way with words.

35:15 for the X-Factor activation.

Loaded Lux vs. Calicoe rap battle. It's a long video, but I highly encourage you and everyone else in this thread to go to 34:00 and watch the IRL Chris G unleash a flurry of Soul Drains on his opponent his reputation. He actually has quite a way with words.

I can't make most of his words out. o_O

At least I know what it's from now, though!

Edit:
I've watched 5 minutes of this and still don't know what's going on, rofl.

AnFox

I remember when I first saw this. The intros, the lost first round and then the haymakers in round 3.

El Sloth

Banned
Fighting Games Weekly| NeoTMZ

Fighting Games Weekly|Covering Player News and Twitter Rumors

Fighting Games Weekly|Morrigan Seen With Another Man!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I remember when I first saw this. The intros, the lost first round and then the haymakers in round 3.
I've watched it so many times I can't count. The delivery and references hit SO HARD.

T-Rex vs Verb was the best Summer Madness 2 battle, come at me bros.
Haven't even seen that one yet, can't imagine it being better than this. Most of them were disappointing, especially Mook/Iron Solomon. Holla/John John one is my next favourite.

Enzo, how much longer until the next thread? I don't want to post something and then have it die within a few minutes.
Hour and a half dude. It's always 12 EST.

Fighting Games Weekly|Who are the top 3 EM Disruptor players?
Honestly I was laughing so hard during that conversation on stream. This is a great title, but maybe if this was a mini-Marvel thread :p

Top Bottom