• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | November 19-25 | Only a sucker wastes a month for the Wii U

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Weren't you hyped for Persona 4 Arena or something.

I was excited to play something new from arc after how shitty EX was, I didn't see much from the game and it was a new game engine overall plus it was persona :p. If I spent as much time as I have cuddling CP's balls since the first videos I wouldn't of bought the game.

Riposte

I was excited to play something new from arc after how shitty EX was, I didn't see much from the game and it was a new game engine overall plus it was persona :p. If I spent as much time as I have cuddling CP's balls since the first videos I wouldn't of bought the game.

I still don't understand why you dislike Arena as much as you do. It isn't incredible, granted.

My post is not about wants (I assume you were talking to Disco there), it's just the truth (or a prediction I'm confident in). Look how pragmatic publishers have been this gen, with online passes and the like. There's no indication that one of the most money hungry publishers in Capcom is going to ignore 140m+ people who already own a console, whether they're after a new one or not and risk putting one of their more niche fighting game IPs on completely new systems when no-one knows how well they will even sell in their first year or two.

If Darkstalkers is a 2015 game then I could maybe see it being next-gen. If it's 2014 then it'll 100% be on PS3/360. I don't mind waiting, but if Capcom have had their DS4 plans in place for the past year, as rumours suggest(ed), then it'd be the fighting game they open next-gen with, and I can't see that happening tbh.

Japan is the primary market for the game anyways, and they're still very receptive to PS3 releases.

Yep, that was my main point, and why I specifically said huge Western publishers.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I still don't understand why you dislike Arena as much as you do. It isn't incredible, granted.

I don't like it because it's shallow. If you want that in more details skype me sometime or some shit.

With the exception of say Naoto/yosuke you could pick up a character and learn them in an hour and be set every character had 2 or 3 things they did and you just repeat those things til victory BECASUE of how the whole system is set up. 2 button reversals are garbage as fuck as well.

Zissou

Anything is better than brawl.

Bingo bango

My apologies if I come across as crude or combative. Just a warning ahead of time.

These systems are done. Have none of you payed attention to the NPD sales? People want new hardware and a new experience. Darkstalkers has been absent for more than fifteen years now and current gen development will be done by the beginning of 2014 even if Sony wants to fight it. MS ain't gonna let third parties settle between the 360 and Wii U. This series needs to land on fresh fields full of 2-4 GB of RAM, possible streaming/recording technology, more patch friendly policies, more powerful graphics hardware, etc. Also, install base is not as big a deal for Darkstalkers. The series is not going to sell three million copies WW no matter how many gems Capcom puts in it and the game doesn't have to be a day 1 launch game either.

I wonder if folks follow things outside the FGC. You'd see that this generation is done and fighters have merely worked with the limitations of hardware/policy rather than thrived because of it. The picture also becomes cloudy once Capcom has to scale the game down for current gen instead of making something completely amazing from scratch on next gen hardware. Do you guys really want to constrain the design and aesthetics permanently because you can't keep it in your pants for one year? We have next year packed with Phantasma, more Skullgirls updates, Jojos, Resurrection, etc. It may not be the deluge we got this year, but do you guys really stop playing games because they turned two? SFIV lasted five years so far. Mahvel is only two years old. I think we got other things we can use to kill time.

When you talk about NPD numbers, are you talking hardware or software?

darskstalkers 4 should be next gen (if they do it). its not gonna sell much really looking at current fg sales trends.

if its there at new console launch, it could be would be caught up in the hype and people wanting a new game no matter the ip to play on their new hardware. i think they would get more sales. then sf5 could come after that and be more polished.

plus for my selfish reasons, i want it on new hardware as well.

imo of course.

Darkstalkers 4 would get me to buy a new console. :<

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I thought that, but I've asked because most people, so far at least, aren't liking the game (myself included).

We'll, I'll look at the archives later, the game looks a lot more interesting on 1v1.

You should stick you nose in it's thread plenty of people are enjoying it a ton :p

Ploid 3.0

It's already over, I missed PSAS, I caught Tekken and Marvel. I hope the archive is up soon (goes to check now).

Archive seem to be up. PSAS at 1:53:00

Looks like I will have to watch through the Wednesday Night Fight for this week.

Played lots of Marvel last night and I have come to the conclusion that I cannot pay enough attention during matches to do well. :/

Kikujiro

It doesn't make sense to release a new fighting game now, so I agree with those saying to wait for the next-gen. I hope Capcom's announcement is SFIV 2013 update, game is still popular and an update will give it at least two more years.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
But blurei said it wouldn't be a new game announced for the SF25th.. Probably a compilation or another Iron Galaxy thing.

Also Big Daddy is the stupidest thing about PSABR by far. Early on Bioshock was synonymous with the early 360 push (especially with the demo reaction) until they decided to push out rather poor PS3 ports of the franchise a year plus afterwards. I associate that character predominantly with MS than Sony.

But blurei said it wouldn't be a new game announced for the SF25th.. Probably a compilation or another Iron Galaxy thing.

Also Big Daddy is the stupidest thing about PSABR by far. Early on Bioshock was synonymous with the early 360 push (especially with the demo reaction) until they decided to push out rather poor PS3 ports of the franchise a year plus afterwards. I associate that character predominantly with MS than Sony.

It's not much weirder than Snake in Brawl.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ugly fighting game T-shirt of the week:

d1b7ba69c0f3-l.jpg

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Got more details for this Weekly too so I can add it to OP?

EDIT: Good vs. Evil was still the best Marvel 3 event by far, at one of the best Marvel events by far.

Sorry for the lateness on this: Arcade Legacy streams Vampire Savior every Thursday @ 8PM EST from Cincinnati, Ohio. Kyle_Wattula usually makes up the format for the week (Kumite featuring a player/character, First-to-5's, etc.)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sorry for the lateness on this: Arcade Legacy streams Vampire Savior every Thursday @ 8PM EST from Cincinnati, Ohio. Kyle_Wattula usually makes up the format for the week (Kumite featuring a player/character, First-to-5's, etc.)
Coolio. Added to OP!

Top Bottom