• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

I need my FF Brave Exvius fix....who else?

(I'm really enjoying XV by the way, only on Chapter 3, making sure I clear all side quests and hunts that I can do as well).

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
37 minutes till Dragon D DAY

And yeah.... table is flipping on FFXV as people are digging in. Definitely mixed feelings

It feels like FF13 all over again which is not good. Interesting that the game is almost structurally the opposite than FF13 giving the player open world and freedom from the opening

what if they just ... made it like all the games before FFX? A little straight line, a little explore, a little straight line, a little explore look at all these side quests, FUCKIGN WORLD MAP HELL YES, how do i even win this game, straight line

Alkez

It feels like FF13 all over again which is not good. Interesting that the game is almost structurally the opposite than FF13 giving the player open world and freedom from the opening

Apparently it becomes more linear in the second half/in some of the major story parts, and in a sense you can see the remnants of where it was Verses XIII. But yeah because of the backlash of 13 they made it a lot more open world.

what if they just ... made it like all the games before FFX? A little straight line, a little explore, a little straight line, a little explore look at all these side quests, FUCKIGN WORLD MAP HELL YES, how do i even win this game, straight line

Uhh I actually would have glossed over a lot of FF13's problems a bit if the combat and rpg elements werent so shitty

yeah its fast and flashly but gear, abilities,and crafting were shit, the break system undermined everything from the get go.

What I want is my RPGs to be a good gameplay experience and hell... quality writing and story would be some nice icing on the cake

FFXV is giving me rough vibes from the combat alone so far... but it might get better

Kouriozan

FF XV combat stay the same all the time, which can become boring I admit.
No real skill or different magic.
Thankfully the game is really short, did it in 26 hours.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
X: I loved X's story and music and character design. The linear paths were fine but not ideal.

XII: I liked the combat and the graphics? I liked the simulated open exploration maps? Eh?

XIII: I honestly have no idea how far I got into the game, maybe 40 hours? Eh? I really only remember the initial platform battles. Eh?

XV: Honestly I haven't been super excited for this since that first initial demo in the oversized house, which was puke awful. I don't like anything about it. But then the glowing reviews came and now I'm a little hyped.

Iceman829

I had the untimely luck of leveling up last night 30 minutes before the maintenance. I was able to shuffle up to rank 340 in the arena so I'm happy where I sit there. I only burnt a few nrg off on the event, but it doesn't matter the drop rates suck anyway.

Thankfully everything was extended because when I woke up this morning I couldn't open one of my eyes. It's doing better now that I used some drops and slept a bit longer, but that was weird.

X: I loved X's story and music and character design. The linear paths were fine but not ideal.

XII: I liked the combat and the graphics? I liked the simulated open exploration maps? Eh?

XIII: I honestly have no idea how far I got into the game, maybe 40 hours? Eh? I really only remember the initial platform battles. Eh?

XV: Honestly I haven't been super excited for this since that first initial demo in the oversized house, which was puke awful. I don't like anything about it. But then the glowing reviews came and now I'm a little hyped.

X had exciting combat! Fast and fun similar to 13 in a sense but had traditional turn based mechanical depth. None of that break system bullshit that turn enemies into fucking walls to be broken then comboed. Gear was very simplified but I need to go back and replay it. X is probably the game closest to 13 in design

XII - Wonderful mechanical game and one of my absolute favorites. Building characters up, exploring the beautiful worlds with cool monsters to find and LOADS of great treasure. Never felt like I was wasting time. Game was straight just fun to play.

XIII - Oh 13... ive gone on long tirades about you. Good music, graphics, and fast combat.... not much else I found redeeming

XV - Initial impressions are rough but i need to unlock more of the game to fully wrap my head around whether its good

Raika

So, what weird and awful bug awaits for us when server is up?

Dont dissapoint me gumi

Unlimited mission lapis. Redo Earth Shrine over and over for maximum profit.

There will be no rollback and gimu will give everyone 50 lapis as compensation.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

wntgd.jpg

tariniel

|OT3| Bravely Extending Maintenance

I was previously receiving the 8:00 end time and just got 14:00 as well. I haven't seen anything on their twitter or facebook to announce that yet. I can't wait for our 50 NRG and 50 Lapis compensation.

Lyrian

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Just got the in-server message for the 6 hour extra-extra downtime extension (5 PM PST / 8 PM EST).

Is this real life?

KeRaSh

FFXIII combat > FFXV combat
Fite me!

Oh my that maintenance extension. They really fucked it up. Now I probably won't be able to do the daily quest which means I'd have to skip another day to not be stuck with 5 Lapis again. That means Gumi effectively cheated me out of 110 Lapis!
The compensation will be 4 Lapis.

Alkez

So let me get this straight:

It went from being 8(+2) hour maintenance, to 6 hour maintenance, only for it to be confirmed that it would be to 8+2 hours like we originally thought, only for them to then say we're just going to add those 6 hours from before on as well??

It's like when they said the maintenance was only going to be 6 hours what they meant to say was it's going to be extended by 6 hours.

There is no way. There is actually no way.

FFXIII combat > FFXV combat
Fite me!

Oh my that maintenance extension. They really fucked it up. Now I probably won't be able to do the daily quest which means I'd have to skip another day to not be stuck with 5 Lapis again. That means Gumi effectively cheated me out of 110 Lapis!
The compensation will be 4 Lapis.

No Im with ya

And i wasnt a fan of FF13... at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom