• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 Demo Discussion Thread

Flo_Evans

1 hour to track down a 360 arcade - gave up, got the pro fuck it!
15 minutes to remember gamertag and live login info - FloEvans360!
15 setting up my 360mi - I look retarded!
1 hour to download big ass demo - I need faster internet!
Rest of the night to spend with Forza 3 demo? - AWESOME! :D

So far, steering feels weird! (I have been playing GT4 with a DS3 though... no speed sensitivity whatsoever! you can go lock-to-lock instantly at 100mph+ and really fuck some shit up).

Track looks dope as hell. Cars a little "eh" but I am digging it. Tires seem to be super softs for easy demoing... trying not to compare to "other" "demo" but weight transfer feels "off", might be exaggerated on "other" "demo"

bigswords

Flo_Evans said:

So far, steering feels weird! (I have been playing GT4 with a DS3 though... no speed sensitivity whatsoever! you can go lock-to-lock instantly at 100mph+ and really fuck some shit up).

Track looks dope as hell. Cars a little "eh" but I am digging it. Tires seem to be super softs for easy demoing... trying not to compare to "other" "demo" but weight transfer feels "off", might be exaggerated on "other" "demo"

Wow I understand that demos do sell copies, but you bought a system just for a demo? Damn that's hardcore.

FrankT

danwarb said:
Just you I think. The game is 720p with 2xAA, so less jaggy than most console efforts.

Pretty much this.

SeaOfMadness said:
general consensus was TV settings can fix this. set sharpness down really low (like to 0)

Although this helps even more. Thanks for the tip.

Anyhow, day one for me. This will be the first console racer I've bought in 2 generations. Game is gorgeous.

Edit: Oh yea, no tearing @1080p 60fps.....360 is a beast.

The gameplay is miles better than FZ2. Besides the long load times, the bland tracks and graphics couldn't keep my interest for more than a week and eventually got shelved. This game... not so much. The tracks felt tight, the gameplay was challenging and surprisingly, all assists didn't make you feel like you lost control of the car as soon as you hit the peddle.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Just put in four laps (two with the R8 and two with the mini wheat).

Holy hell I had a huge smile on my face the whole time :D Great job Turn 10. I can't wait for October.

To anyone complaining about jaggies: it's your TV. No, it really is. Jaggies = Forza 2. There are no jaggies. Now, you're not going to get photomode, either. We're talking consoles here. 2xAA is as good as its gonna get. But seriously, if you're seeing jaggies adjust your television. My Forza 3 looks absolutely glorious.

BCD2 said:
I played more, and feel much better about it. It definitely takes a minute to get your head around what they've done. After I started to understand, I really found an appreciation for it.

All the throttle control is just, for lack of a better word, compressed into the very last bit. It's still there, it's just the limit has been pushed much farther back. Much closer to where it should be (too far though). Where FM2 was slipping and sliding all the time, FM3 is much calmer until you run out of corner. What happens after that is different too. The cars have a lot more weight to them, so everything happens much more slowly. You really feel the weight transfer. FM2 is twitchy, this is not. Again, more realistic, as well as more player friendly.

It think the bonus will be that the whole range of cars in the game will scale much better too. None of the U Class ridiculousness of FM2. Hopefully this new handling model will enable those cars to be usable this time.

When I first read this earlier after only playing for a short time, I thought no way, these guys must have been drinking too much T10 Kool Aid. Nope, that's right on the mark. You can only really notice it at the long-ish turn at the bottom of the hill. The cars will not roll themselves through the corner. You have to keep a really steady, and precise throttle. Not enough and the car will start turning in too soon. Too much and the nose washes out. It's not a gimmie either, you do have to work at it.

Anyway, I still wish there was a hair less grip, but I've found plenty of nuance where I thought there was little, so I'm pretty happy about the whole thing now. I just had to find it's groove. I think they've done a great job with it.

Glad to hear it's better, BCD2.

The parts in bold are just what I wanted to hear. One thing I've heard from people with a lot of FM2 miles under their belt is that the new physics felt a bit strange at first, but after some getting used to, it all falls into place. Though I'm by no means an expert, weight transfer was something I felt FM2 never quite conveyed right, so I'm glad it's more pronounced now.

Having yet to drive Camino myself, I'm assuming that sweeping corner at the bottom of the hill is the only one long enough for judicious application of throttle to really matter-- I bet it will come into greater play on tracks like Maple Valley.

I wonder if the sidewall flex has anything to do with the new feel, but they've stated that the dynamics were modeled in FM2, just not visually, so who knows. Or maybe the cars are just on grippier tire compounds than standard.

With any luck, I'll be able to get some laps in tomorrow night.

RSTEIN said:
Just put in four laps (two with the R8 and two with the mini wheat).

Holy hell I had a huge smile on my face the whole time :D Great job Turn 10. I can't wait for October.

To anyone complaining about jaggies: it's your TV. No, it really is. Jaggies = Forza 2. There are no jaggies. Now, you're not going to get photomode, either. We're talking consoles here. 2xAA is as good as its gonna get. But seriously, if you're seeing jaggies adjust your television. My Forza 3 looks absolutely glorious.

Yeah this.

ShapeGSX

Took some photos. Replay mode, obviously. :)

I left the dark one in there because it looked like a freaking photo.

DSC_4526.jpg

DSC_4530.jpg

DSC_4531.jpg

cyberheater said:
Must be something wrong with your TV set then. Almost perfectly jaggy free on my 1080p Sony Bravia.
Have you got the sharpness control turned full on or something.

That's what I think. The game looks amazing on my 1080p Samsung.
Remember people, sharpness at 0 and edge enhancement off if you want a natural picture.

The game is a stunner.

Flo_Evans said:

You're still on my friends list from back in the Forza 2 days, and when I saw your name come up tonight I couldn't believe it. In fact, I've got a couple people on my list that I decided to just leave on there despite them not having logged on in like 2 years, including Sterling Moss (I swear to God).

voodoo

Neo Member
RSTEIN said:
Kick ass! Can't wait to go home for a late night hotlapping session.

There seems to be some jaggies and shimmering in the car showroom scene which bug me quite a bit though it's not as prominent as some other race car games it's still there. This I find perplex as I didn't remember seeing while playing demo at PAX. The track also are noticeably more jaggie in place (along the edge mostly).

May be it's my TV set need more adjusting but those jaggie are there and the shimmering (I hate this more as it's really distracting). It's not as prominent and the graphic is sure huge leap over Forza 2 and I have to say on par with the competitor.

The driving is great and better than F2 especially with MS wheel. I don't know if it's easier or the vehicle and physics are better thus make the game control better. When I play F2 with wheel it's very touchy but with F3 it's feel more like real car would feel. There's more weight to the car and the feedback such as vibration etc are a lot better.

Anyway, disappoint a bit by the presence of those jaggie and shimmer in menu but overall it's better than the other recent console racer on 360 and really move it closer to the level of the competitor.

Bought a racing wheel for this game a while back, tried it with test drive unlimited and need for speed most wanted, and couldnt control the car for my life. almost regretted getting it. played with the wheel tonight with forza 3, man am i glad i kept it, handles perfectly, even got to where i could go manual transmission. i dont even do that with a controller. game plays great, looks really good, love all the replay options, i just wish there was a "cycle" replay that used them all. The "replay" camera uses the same camera angles at the same spots every time which is unfortunate. Playing with VGA cables on 720p and looks really smooth hardly any jaggies at all on my end which surprised me as people have really been complaining about them.

Just got a chance to run through the demo with each car.

By the time I hit the Ferrari, I was putting up laps in the top 6-7%.

I played the crap out of Forza 2 and, from the demo, this looks like it is leaps and bounds better. The visuals and the framerate are great improvements.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Glad to hear it's better, BCD2.

The parts in bold are just what I wanted to hear. One thing I've heard from people with a lot of FM2 miles under their belt is that the new physics felt a bit strange at first, but after some getting used to, it all falls into place. Though I'm by no means an expert, weight transfer was something I felt FM2 never quite conveyed right, so I'm glad it's more pronounced now.

Having yet to drive Camino myself, I'm assuming that sweeping corner at the bottom of the hill is the only one long enough for judicious application of throttle to really matter-- I bet it will come into greater play on tracks like Maple Valley.

I wonder if the sidewall flex has anything to do with the new feel, but they've stated that the dynamics were modeled in FM2, just not visually, so who knows. Or maybe the cars are just on grippier tire compounds than standard.

With any luck, I'll be able to get some laps in tomorrow night.
Yeah, no doubt. I started wishing for more than the five real corners of Camino pretty quickly!

Alright im happy now, hit top 1% with nothing but ABS with the GT3. Loving it so far.

1:01.585

Anybody with close times? Wondering what line you guys take on that first major left.

Anybody notice the subtle shake the camera does when you hit bumps and the markers? Nice!

Also the force feedback or rumble when you decelerate? Its subtle but it adds a little something.

VULKIN

1:03:315 (2,962 rank 2%) with nothing but auto trans (Need my wheel for manual) and no off the track excursions:D

Played tons of forza 1 and 2 and I am happy with everything but the drivers animation. I just wish that the driver would turn the wheel more!

Flo_Evans said:

You got a Pro? The Elite is the same price now as theres a $50 rebate.

Flo_Evans

bigswords said:
Wow I understand that demos do sell copies, but you bought a system just for a demo? Damn that's hardcore.

I bought it for the game... demo just made me go get it today instead of when the game released. :lol

I had a launch 360 that bit the bullet and I was going to send it in to get it fixed but I would rather just have the new falcon or whatever the hell it is motherboard and chip.

infinityBCRT said:
You got a Pro? The Elite is the same price now as theres a $50 rebate.

No, my mistake I did get the elite. :lol

I went to like 3 stores with only elites and pro's then I finally found an arcade then got the elite. Damn black. :lol

How do I get the rebate? That would be cool.

edit: nm found it! sweet! Should of probably researched it better but it looks like I made the right choice. And black is kwel. :lol

BCD2 said:
You're still on my friends list from back in the Forza 2 days, and when I saw your name come up tonight I couldn't believe it. In fact, I've got a couple people on my list that I decided to just leave on there despite them not having logged on in like 2 years, including Sterling Moss (I swear to God).

haha cool. I was surprised at how many people where still on there. I need to figure out a way to transfer my old forza 2 save over so I can do an A/B... I guess I could just swap HDDs? Your HDD is not tied to the console is it?

KHarvey16

Flo_Evans said:
haha cool. I was surprised at how many people where still on there. I need to figure out a way to transfer my old forza 2 save over so I can do an A/B... I guess I could just swap HDDs? Your HDD is not tied to the console is it?

I think you can just use a thumb drive, can't you?

Edit

Ah right, dead console. Can you fix it yourself?

Iknos

I posted this in the wrong thread...here are my impressions...I also gotta read what you guys think about it. I got mixed up between threads.

My impressions in a weird format...

Physics

Liked:

-liked the weight to the cars which may have come from a lower center of gravity. This fixed the issue FM2 where losing all friction was more common.

-Suspension seems stiff still but better than FM2. I didn't like how in FM2 that weight transfer seemed non-existent or under-represented at least visually which IMO would have helped in driving. While driving with telemetry in the California I could get a 3 inch difference between my left and right suspension when trying to judge the body roll. I don't own a California so I can't say definitively that this is unrealistic. Could be the lower center of gravity of the car. It did feel better graphically represented in hood view and hood cam view.

-liked the handling on the grass/offroad portions. It rocks your suspension and the difference in traction means you could veer off track if you aren't careful. I drove exclusively on the grass in some portions and I think they could pull off some great dirt/gravel tracks for the game. It seems like the FM3 engine could be a solid basis for a rally game.

-car collisions look incredible as always. Rollovers are pretty convincing but they have one issue that I'll mention in the controls part. The way cars collide and bounce off of each other seems very realistic to me.

Disliked:

-I am worried about the high level of grip the cars seemed to have. I've detailed my thoughts in the "other thoughts" section of this post.

-collisions with walls aren't that bad but aren't great either. Sometimes looks realistic and sometimes doesn't. IMO what needs to happen is that they have to consider energy that goes into the wall and isn't returned to the car.

Track:

Liked:

-liked the scenery of course

-liked the nuances of the road. There were different sorts of banks on the corners and some of them were uneven and not as clinical as you would see on a typical racing circuit.

-this also meant that in straights the road surface was uneven and had irregularities. With these irregularities were dips and jumps where you had to be careful as it affects the amount of weight on the wheels.

-The road looked like it was paved on top of the grass there and in areas there was a little edge off the road onto the grass which affects coming back on if 2 wheels go offroad. Incredible details that impact gameplay.

-loved the alternate paths that you can see. One creates a small oval and it looks like it can be a crazy fun little track. Another cuts through a portion of the track so that you avoid the first hairpin left. Another leads off into an area behind the mountain which could be the link out of the track. Another looks like a lead in that goes into the stretch at the grid.

-an ideal tarmac rally track IMO. Stunning looking environment with a road that isn't as cleanly paved as typical racing circuits. Dips and jumps and road imperfections all along the way.

Disliked:

-didn't like how there weren't many opportune places to pass. I don't mind narrow roads in my racing games but there should be a few straights that allow for it. There were some wide corners and some where the AI could be overtaken but it would be different with people. Makes this track more suitable for rally races.

Wheel/Controller/controls

Liked:

-like the feel of the wheel and FFB. More like other sims in how you can feel the weight of the car. Rumble in the wheel is a great feature I've forgotten about after playing more PS3 racers lately on the DFP.

Disliked:

-don't like direct mapping of left/right steering lock to wheel up to 90 degrees either way. Gives us a 180 degree wheel essentially. And it makes it a very sensitive 180 degree steering where slight adjustments are hard to do. Being used to 900 degrees steering means I have to practice quite a bit to get my dexterity to that point.

-brakes are still pretty sensitive and it is easy to lock them. Don't think I can change this in the demo but you can change pressure sensitivity for front/rear in FM2 full version so I expect the same here. Not as bad as FM2 but I would have thought it would have been toned down. Though it did not seem as bad on the controller when I played it on the controller once.

-No way to look around with the wheel.

-being able to flip the car back over when it is on it's roof. In sim mode you should get a DNF. Pretty ridiculous IMO.

Graphics

Liked:

-overall improved look. Looks more realistic than FM2 and very comparable to the competition on PC and PS3. Not the best or most realistic looking racer ever but the series deserved more realistic graphics and it got it. Though not photo real looking the game looks incredibly impressive.

-60fps LOCKED. No drops.

-No screen tearing at all. Everything is super slick.

-IQ looked good to me but I can't really judge until I play this on my 1080p DLP TV rather than my projector which scales the image due to the angle it throws at.

-Lighting has been improved so that everything looks more consistent and more normal than FM2 but not as good as the best looking racers out there. The level's lightmaps and shadows are very impressive though.

-The texturing is razorsharp and some of the best I've seen ever.

-Car models with their lighting and reflections have been improved and while they have a few problems when you compare them to other great looking games it still is impressive looking.

-side and rear view mirrors are the best I've seen in any racer. They actually show the in-game environment rather than resorting to a low poly poorly textured version of the same track and cars.

-hood and cockpit view show reflections of other cars off of yours. Looks hot.

-reflections are super smooth this time. In some views the reflections include other cars. In other views it includes the shadows of the other cars but not the cars oddly.

-haven't yet noticed any LOD model swapping. Very smooth looking transitions I guess.

-cockpits look great. Not the best ever but compares favorably to most console/PC racers. Lighting and shadows are good. Reflections seen in the cockpit are outstanding judging from the Sedona vid T10 released a while ago. Cockpit display is easy to see and useable.

-graphical representation of damage is a mixed bag. What I liked is that it looked crisp and there weren't any low res decals applied to the car. Sparks looked good and though there wasn't a lot of deformation what was done looked great.

Disliked:

-replay doesn't use super high resolution LOD model and neither does in-game when you are very close to the car

-no tinting from the windshield that I've noticed. No dust either...though dust is something you'll note in the 30fps racers and not 60 fps racers.

-little evolution in the deformation caused by damage. Though I'm glad that damage is excellent where it counts and that it doesn't take much to ruin the performance of your car I expected at least a little bit of graphical evolution when it comes to damage. I suppose this has everything to do with manufacturers than T10.

Audio

Liked:

-car sounds and tire sounds are still great and help you in your driving. Just like FM2 you can hear all 4 tires individually when they start losing grip and you know when you are pushing them too far.

-just like FM2 the collision sounds are excellent. Turn it up and make every on the block think there was a real accident outside.

-like the sound when on the grass. Very immersive almost like Sega Rally Revo.

Disliked:

-after playing games like Supercar Challenge and PGR the car sounds in this sort of game need the extra layer of sounds that come from the chassis and exhaust.

Other thoughts
I read the point about being able to floor the accelerator when exiting turns with little issue. I didn't notice this myself because out of habit I ease into the throttle but after reading that I tried it myself and saw the same thing.

I can't see T10 having this in previous titles and then hacking the physics to make this game more accessible. So I was thinking of a few possible reasons to explain this.

Spinning out to my understanding is a function of having too much torque and not enough grip and then you lose all traction. That grip is a result of the amount of weight on the tire and tire grip. Tire grip comes from tire size & tread and compound of course but we don't need to look at those individually.

When I exit a corner and I throttle up and my revs are at 5-6 thousand RPMs and go higher I would figure that it would generate a whole lot of torque and it should cause me to spin out but it's not in FM3 for most corners.

It does occur on some corners when you go over a bump just before the corner. This is most likely because there is less weight on the tires and in that case there is not enough force on them and the torque supplied is too much. This means it's there you just don't see it as often as in FM2 where you have had it on underpowered cars.

So it doesn't seem like a hack job to make the game more accessible. It looks like all the variables are there and put to use. In this case it could be 2 variables that are responsible for this result.

To me it feels like it could be a combination of a low center of gravity putting a good amount of weight on the wheels plus very good tires. When I look at the tires in the game though...they don't seem to be anything special.

One issue is that we won't really know until we try a real world track that we have experience on. The first hairpin on this track has a deep bank to it and it's easy to maintain grip the whole way through and the car is fairly settled at the exit.

Contrast that to the last corner where it is very flat. I've spun out there a couple of times and had to be easy on the throttle there.

It is a definite concern of mine though and I'll play more to investigate it.

HoTHiTTeR

whoa.... I just caught this in the loading screen and need to know if we're to expect this in replay/photo mode in the full game...

Is that tire flex?! It definitely looks like the lip of the rim is exposed there!

(my DSLR is at work, this is an iphone 3gs pic, sorry.)
f3tire.jpg

TofuEater

Playing with no assits except abs and race line, manual (auto clutch) and a pad.

I had about 10 minutes with the Ferrari and R8 v10.

The Ferrari, let go of accelerator into the corner then floor it, oversteer (not much but its still oversteer).

The R8 meanwhile trail brake into corner, accel out, understeer smack wall. You have to modulate the throttle during cornering.

Feels different to Forza2, Forza2 had you sliding all over the place even with AWD cars, this one feels more "realistic" in a sense. The steering has more weight to it, cars feel abit heavier and the sounds :D god damn it sounds great.

Cant comment on the graphics, playing on a 106" projector in daytime isnt exactly the best. The environments look damn nice.

rjcc

OH SHIT I JUST REALIZED YOU CAN CHANGE CAMERA ANGLES WITHIN SOME OF THE CAMERA TYPES.

Mind = blown.

You can get the slow spin at a higher angle, or change between all for tires, or get a way zoomed out helicopter view. Sweet. It doesn't work with the first camera angle, so I thought hitting X didn't do anything at first, but it works with all the rest.

kaskade

The game is fucking gorgeous no doubt about that. After playing NFS Shift though the cockpit view in Forza is so boring. I think I'm going to have fun just playing with the photo mode.

See

I've been asking for this feature before the release of Forza 2: Control rewind and fast forward speed with triggers... So damn happy to see it in Forza 3.

Ever since Rallisport Challenge, replays are without this feature was not that interesting for me. damn... did Turn10 really out do them selves this time!

voodoo

Neo Member
rjcc said:
It doesn't work with the first camera angle, so I thought hitting X didn't do anything at first, but it works with all the rest.
It works with all cameras whose name says 'advanced'

Cloudy

Banned
I don't understand people downplaying the graphics. They are incredible and a big leap from FM2 IMO. Very fun demo..

hie

Throwing my hat into 'not many jaggies on my end'.

I haven't been following this thread too closely in here (been playing :D ), but it totally looks better in every way from F2. Especially the jaggies. It's noticeably cleaner.

edit: I'm also sort of over the in-car view. Hood view for me.

hie

TofuEater said:
Feels different to Forza2, Forza2 had you sliding all over the place even with AWD cars, this one feels more "realistic" in a sense. The steering has more weight to it, cars feel abit heavier and the sounds :D god damn it sounds great.

Yeah..I agree. I'm starting to think this might feel a bit 'more' sim in the handling. At first it felt a bit 'easier' or 'grippier' with all the assists off than F2, but I also felt F2 could lose traction a bit too easily sometimes. I can still lose my shit on this. :lol

Sydle

Demo is amazing. It looks incredible and feels so good. Might pick this and a MS wheel up before the end of the year.

Sydle

HoTHiTTeR said:
whoa.... I just caught this in the loading screen and need to know if we're to expect this in replay/photo mode in the full game...

Is that tire flex?! It definitely looks like the lip of the rim is exposed there!

(my DSLR is at work, this is an iphone 3gs pic, sorry.)
f3tire.jpg

Watch your replay in three quarter view. Love it, love it, love it. :D

Flo_Evans

Spent some more time with it.

AWESOME!

At first I thought the steering was a little weird, but I was just overcooking the corners. You can't just go in to fast - huck it into the turn then pull it off. This is good.

Bumper cam is the shit. I don't really like the interior view, it's really "sterile", can't sense much car movement. Nice that they included it but the bumper cam just feels way better to me.

Replay cameras are a 1000x improvement over forza 2. I can't comment to much on the new physics engine vs. the old one (can't find my damn forza 2 disc >_<) It's been over a year since I've played it but it feels better.

Can't wait to get the full game and mod, paint, and race some fuckers online! :D

Great job turn 10, I was pretty much sold on forza 3 after 2 but this demo is got my hype level +1.

DarkJC

Well my 360 is red ringed so I won't be able to get in on this demo, but I had a question about 360 wheels.

I own a G25 but obviously I can't use that for the 360. I'd really like to play Forza 3 with a wheel, is the MS wheel my best bet? Or has there been any news on the grapevine about MS releasing a new updated wheel at a decent price, or is the MS wheel here to stay? Also, I know about the Fanatec wheels, but I'd rather not pay that much for a 2nd wheel.

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Well here goes. The game looks outstanding at times, bland at others. There were some moments that made me go wow, then there were some that made me go, wha?

Gameplay i dunno. This is the first time Iv played forza, and it seems way easy. The last racing game I played was a certain game you can download on ps3. Graphically, this comes close to that, but something's missing....

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jea Song said:
Well here goes. The game looks outstanding at times, bland at others. There were some moments that made me go wow, then there were some that made me go, wha?

Gameplay i dunno. This is the first time Iv played forza, and it seems way easy. The last racing game I played was a certain game you can download on ps3. Graphically, this comes close to that, but something's missing....
If you think it's too easy, try turning the assists off as a start.

acm2000

DarkJC said:
Well my 360 is red ringed so I won't be able to get in on this demo, but I had a question about 360 wheels.

I own a G25 but obviously I can't use that for the 360. I'd really like to play Forza 3 with a wheel, is the MS wheel my best bet? Or has there been any news on the grapevine about MS releasing a new updated wheel at a decent price, or is the MS wheel here to stay? Also, I know about the Fanatec wheels, but I'd rather not pay that much for a 2nd wheel.

so make the fanatec your first wheel, its better than g25

Hawk269

Well after playing the demo for a while...here are some thoughts..I am going to start with some of the stuff that I think is bad/wrong or just ???

Pit-Stops: Uhhh..What the hell??? No matter how much or how little damage your car takes, going into to the pits uses the same amount of time no matter if your car is destroyed or if it is perfect. I went into the pit with almost everything in RED and it takes the same amount of time as if you were going in with a 100% car. At minimum, they should of at least added a 5-10 sec additional seconds if the car was more than 80% red or something. This makes pit stop strategy useless.

Upside Down AI Cars: Well..as I was testing the Pit-Stops and damaging my car, I decided to run the course backwards and managed to get the Porsche upside down. Guess what...the car just stays upside down and the AI revs the engine. At one point, I had a car upside down and it litterally started slowly sliding down the track. It was part of the the beginning of the course as you head towards the big turn..the car upside down just slowly slid down. But the whole time, the AI cars that were upside down...I got about 3 of them, they stayed upside down. You would think there would be some AI routine that would put the cars upright after a little time.

Since it was only two laps and I started going in reverse, I noticed some cars that were really fucked up do not go into the pits. Again, I could not damage enough of the cars in two laps...but I hope the AI Pits when needed...even though the puts suck!

Graphics: Little to no jaggies for me as well. Game is gorgeous and is really impressive to look at. I am really impressed on how good the game looks.

Sounds: I think the sounds is great. I turned off the music, and the engine sounds and stuff are really good. When your car is really fucked up, the sounds of shifting is really cool. Overall...sound is great.

Bottom-Line: Game is great, but some serious stupid stuff like the Pit Stops and Upside down cars that stay upside down. Visuals, playability, sounds are all great...and the menu's are fucking fantastic. Overall, I am impressed and cannot wait for the game to come out. I guess my gripes are not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but with everything they did to make the game so much better than F2..i was really suprised that they did not at minimum use the pit stops from Forza 1.

AMUSIX

Iknos said:
I Track:

Liked:

-loved the alternate paths that you can see. One creates a small oval and it looks like it can be a crazy fun little track. Another cuts through a portion of the track so that you avoid the first hairpin left. Another leads off into an area behind the mountain which could be the link out of the track. Another looks like a lead in that goes into the stretch at the grid.
Pretty sure you've seen this, but others here may not have...the demo is the red loop...
fcirtw.png

XiaNaphryz said:
If you think it's too easy, try turning the assists off as a start.

yeah for anyone who thinks it's too easy, set your 'game' difficulty to at least 'ADVANCED'

that will set all the assists and AI and stuff up to be more challenging

Arjen

Really loved the demo, been playing forza 2 again the last couple of months and the progress they made is just amazing.
Cockpit view looked pretty good but i think im sticking to my good old trusty hood cam.
Used the rewind a couple times and i liked that it stayed in the same view instead of what they did in Dirt 2 where it would shift to other camera angles.
Did have some weird stuuf in the replays where the camera would go under the map partially, hope tehy fixed that.
Other complaint i have is that they made the demo to short and to awesome, waiting for the release is going to be even harder now.

Top Bottom