• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

amr

Banned
*wakes up on Feburary 20th, 2013*

*approaches computer*

"SONY ANNOUNCES PLAYSTATION 4.

Media features shown off.

No games shown.

Must check in online every 24 hours.

Must lock games to your PSN account.

PSEye must be plugged in.

Mark Cerny: We have a system for people without an Internet connection, it's called the PlayStation 3."

i-Lo

Oh man...one part of me should be upset because I pre ordered a PS4...the other part of me is desperate to see Sony-GAF get a punch to the gut to send them back to earth. I'm so conflicted!

Where do you people come from? This fucking violent nonsense is fucking despicable.

240px-N64-Expansion-Pak.jpg

I'll just leave this here.

Hey dude you forgot your expansion pack.

Why would Sony make comments on a tech article? Assuming everything said so far is true.

Because it's easy to interpret tech analysis in different ways. If you don't really understand it then you could read something as being a negative when it's really a positive. So Sony would obviously want to step in during that time to try to explain what it actually is.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Chinner, why so late trolling?

That's like page 11

Amir0x

Banned

Amir0x said:
The first chance Xbox fanboys have had in months to bathe in some negativity about the other camp for once, that's what lol

they're all grasping tightly, buoyed by all the potential hours they could spend finally criticizing the competition again, like some disheveled castaway desperately clinging to some piece of driftwood in the middle of the ocean.

FreeMufasa

Hoping for a ram reduction. Don't care about next gen consoles, just wanna see tears and the Cerny wank-fest come to an end

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh man...one part of me should be upset because I pre ordered a PS4...the other part of me is desperate to see Sony-GAF get a punch to the gut to send them back to earth. I'm so conflicted!

How about not posting things like this. That would be great.

Hrothgar

this is not surprising at all.

microsoft had a vision at the beginning of the generation to advance gaming in new ways. gamers didn't like this vision and tore them apart and sent death threats to poor old bill gates. and you know what? microsoft listened. they changed the always onlline, they're letting indie gamers make game. they're humble about their mistakes, even if they werent mistakes but just anger of gamers.

sony on the other hand are getting caught in their own web of lies. indie devs have to pay $2500 for a console to play games, which is insane, the 8gb ram is a lie and kaz has a meth problem apparently. it's going to come tumbling down when gamers realise the ps4 is just a big fat lie.

Bravo, amazing!

salromano

PS4 joining Krillin in the grave already six feet deep. Cerny sent to the moon. Kaz contemplating becoming a Jedi and SCE being drowned in the ocean. Gojira went to SCEJ and done a massive attack. Go home guys (for those of you already at home, please proceed to exit the front door and then return for the right effect).

TONIGHT WE ARE CANCELLING THE NEXT GENERATION! GAME OVER MAN! No more PS4.

That's my version of a dramatic post, if there was actually something to be worried about.

Huzzah.

Oersted

Why are you posting the same thing twice in the same thread and more importantly posts that predate E3?

even if what is said here is true, do you still consider things to be at the same stage nearly 3 months later?

The question mark is there for a reason.

Hopefully you post links to the same two posts yet again next page, I feel you're driving your point home effectively but perhaps it's a bit *too* subtle.

The previous post was obviously buried fast, based on the thread-speed. Now its discussed. Job done.

microsoft had a vision at the beginning of the generation to advance gaming in new ways. gamers didn't like this vision and tore them apart and sent death threats to poor old bill gates. and you know what? microsoft listened. they changed the always onlline, they're letting indie gamers make game. they're humble about their mistakes, even if they werent mistakes but just anger of gamers.

sony on the other hand are getting caught in their own web of lies. indie devs have to pay $2500 for a console to play games, which is insane, the 8gb ram is a lie and kaz has a meth problem apparently. it's going to come tumbling down when gamers realise the ps4 is just a big fat lie.

In other news PS4 cancelled due to the announcement of the Sega Super System with a 8 Core 3Ghz Processor, 16GB GDDR5.

Launch Titles (1st Party)
Sonic Adventure 3
Crazy Taxi Reloaded
Shehumue 3
Virtua Fighter 6
Yakuza 6
Skies of Arcadia 2
Space Channel 5 Part 3

Yes that reads of something heavy has happened and Sony didn't simply made a "no comment" and ignore, they needed to adress it with a statement.

Or maybe is pure bullshit.

No, it probably means they asked for a comment, and Sony felt the need to debunk Leadbetter's usual bullshit claims.

Memory drama, huh? Very interesting. Are we sure this isn't something of a "does not translate" sort of thing? That's a very intense word.

Could it be a huge bomb like a delay? Could be. Could it be about the "drama" of debating memory requirements in Sony during development? Sounds plausible too. Should be interesting.

Not an "statement" just a declarations from someone from Sony. They asked Sony and instead of "no comment" they got some comments :)

Maybe less serious that ppl thought...

Raymo

Fud.

i-Lo

PS4 joining Krillin in the grave already six feet deep. Cerny sent to the moon. Kaz contemplating becoming a Jedi and SCE being drowned in the ocean. Gojira went to SCEJ and done a massive attack. Go home guys (for those of you already at home, please proceed to exit the front door and then return for the right effect).

TONIGHT WE ARE CANCELLING THE NEXT GENERATION! GAME OVER MAN! No more PS4.

That's my version of a dramatic post, if there was actually something to be worried about.

The PS4, a global social experiment to see the viability of the brand.

In other news PS4 cancelled due to the announcement of the Sega Super System with a 8 Core 3Ghz Processor, 16GB GDDR5.

Sonic Adventure 3
Crazy Taxi Reloaded
Shehumue 3
Virtua Fighter 6
Yakuza 6
Skies of Arcadia 2
Space Channel 5 Part 3

I'll buy that at a high price!

TheD

The Detective
Oh man. It is definitely the 20GB/s CPU bandwidth then, and Sony giving them a comment saying, yes the CPU does have its own memory controller, that's how APUs work.

No it does not!

The CPU and GPU share a memory controller!
Having 2 memory controllers controlling the same RAM would likely not work!

IrishNinja

sony camp now that the dream is over, can you confirm or deny the latest rumor of the PS3.5 losing all of its memories like an alzheimer's patient

also before disparaging the facts provided by d-boat please bear in mind how great PS1 was on only 2MB of RAM, for comparison

Sonic Adventure 3
Crazy Taxi Reloaded
Shehumue 3
Virtua Fighter 6
Yakuza 6
Skies of Arcadia 2
Space Channel 5 Part 3

man they should do this and cancel everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom