• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
The Rick Ross cameo goes harder than the Nas.

Can't say I'm shocked.

After a quick skim it's a buy. Needs a RZA beat here and there, but otherwise it's a good album. It's sounding like the best Rae album without the word "Cuban" in the title (not that that's hard to do). Mastering sounds off but that might be a shitty .mp3 rip.

Really? Rich and Black was my second favorite song. Im just not a Ross fan, his voice gets on my nerves really fast.

hubes

Acid08 said:
Big Ghosts Oscar Picks.

May have been posted already but I just read through it and man it was funny as fuck.

Ayo me n a couple my niggas went to go see that Kings Speech joint n shit namsayin. N yo one these niggas was tellin me that this shit was a comedy n shit ya know. But ayo son...word bond son a nigga was clockin Zs 10 minutes into that muthafucka. Ayo that shit was like watching roaches fuck son. Niggas was out cold n shit nahmean.

holy shit this is hilarious

Recon

Banned
PhoenixDark said:
Ross has one of the best voices in rap, and the best adlibs of all time

I think his voice is annoying, same with Jeezy. Im not hating on Ross, i just strongly dislike his voice.

exarkun

ReconYoda said:
Im wondering what that even means in relation to my original bait?

I've heard the Wayne thing before. And slaughterhouse is full of grown-ass men driving old ass cars.

So they basically are true.

Plus, Ross is surprising as a rapper. Surprisingly decent. "fat motherfucker now looks whos in trouble!"

kamspy

Kotomi said:

Oh shi....

RAE: Yo Nas, I need a joint son. For da god.
NAS: Word brother. I got chu god. I'ma bless you with the third verse from a feature I laid down for Sha Stimuli. Shit iz ill, god.
RAE: Word son?
NAS: Word son.
RAE: aiight son. props on the look.

kamspy said:
Oh shi....

RAE: Yo Nas, I need a joint son. For da god.
NAS: Word brother. I got chu god. I'ma bless you with the third verse from a feature I laid down for Sha Stimuli. Shit iz ill, god.
RAE: Word son?
RAE: aiight son. props on for the look.

I lol'd so hard.
Someone wanna PM me btw? :3

(._.)

Banned
hubes said:
ghostface makes the best blogs namsayin

Kotomi said:
How did I know that Drake would be in the top spot? Dudes probably bang his music with the car windows rolled up and croon his shit louder than the fangirls do.

Drake is great. While the rap game is still trying to act like a group of thugs, Drake keeps it real.

um

Trying my best to keep away from the leak, but someone please tell me -- how is the Black Thought verse?

kamspy said:
It looks like Lupe's about to go butt ass for his record to sell.

http://i.imgur.com/k2KFy.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Lupe's at his best when his hair is a light caesar. When he lets it grow he is ass. You know this to be true.

kamspy

It looks like Lupe's about to go butt ass for his record to sell.

k2KFy.png

kamspy

ChldRebelSoldr said:
I guess the hair is feeding off Lupe. Needs to cut that shit off.

I think it's the whole "I wear sunglasses inside" thing. The lack of color is probably making him depressed. :\

Lasers is so bad. And I'm not even all the way through it. But hoooolyshit.
;-;
its gunna be hard defending Lupe in the future now.

Pinko Marx said:
;-;

If Rae's stuff didn't leak today, I'd still be disappointed but I got over it cause I had something else to listen to.

But yea, it's weak as hell.

Pinko Marx said:
;-;

Geez, you people make it out to be terrible. Yes, a lot of the songs he didn't want on in, or he was forced to put on, but a good number are also songs he originally had in mind. State Run Radio, Beautiful Lasers, All Black Everything, Words I Never Said. Those are songs we know for sure were originally on in, and a few others probably considering they leaked over a year ago. People are being over dramatic

Yeah, I'm just going to throw Lasers under the rug. It never happened. GAF-HOP, don't mention it anymore or I will find you and have dinner with your mom.

I'm dying to try that Shaolin vs Wu leak though....

Zoramon089 said:
Geez, you people make it out to be terrible. Yes, a lot of the songs he didn't want on in, or he was forced to put on, but a good number are also songs he originally had in mind. State Run Radio, Beautiful Lasers, All Black Everything, Words I Never Said. Those are songs we know for sure were originally on in, and a few others probably considering they leaked over a year ago. People are being over dramatic

I've only heard State Run Radio and it lacks so much energy that I thought it would have. I fear the whole album will be like that.

Zoramon089 said:

shit sucks. deal w/ it.

PhoenixDark said:
Ross has one of the best voices in rap, and the best adlibs of all time

...Best adlibs? In the words of Demetri Martin: "If you say you're good at checkers... that's kinda like saying you're not good at many things."

OrangeGrayBlue said:
...Best adlibs? In the words of Demetri Martin: "If you say you're good at checkers... that's kinda like saying you're not good at many things."

don't ever underestimate the power of good adlibs.

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
Yeah, I'm just going to throw Lasers under the rug. It never happened. GAF-HOP, don't mention it anymore or I will find you and have dinner with your mom.

I've only heard State Run Radio and it lacks so much energy that I thought it would have. I fear the whole album will be like that.
Dude, I just heard the live verson of State Run Radio.. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE ALBUM VERSION? Jesus...

DominoKid

Kotomi said:
J. Cole might actually skim the top of the gangster rap barrel sometimes. He's a pretty good rapper, I like his stuff, but he talks about the same things in damn near every song - "yo, gotta get out the 'Ville before it kills me." "Damn, a n*gga gotta blow up and get out of here". It gets old fast. The mixtape that the above really stood out to me on was Friday Night Lights.

trust me if you've been to the Ville, you know why he keeps mentioning it. that place is a complete shithole.

DominoKid

Zoramon089 said:

so like a third of the songs are actually good. yeah i rest my case. the album sucks nuts.

Pinko Marx said:
don't ever underestimate the power of good adlibs.

If you can find me a song that would be good without adlibs, and is made better because it does have them, I'll be highly impressed. A song that goes from complete shit to just mostly shit via adlibs doesn't count.

JackEtc

Thanks to Devil Theory for the list in the OP, I had a few Hip-Hop artists (Wu-Tang, Apathy, Jedi Mind Tricks, Sandpeople), but that list is great, thanks for helping me expand my horizons.

Moving on though...
spindashing said:
Say whaaaat?

peterb0y said:
Dude, I just heard the live verson of State Run Radio.. WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THE ALBUM VERSION? Jesus...
My sentiments exactly. I must have played a live recording of State Run Radio at least 50 times on Youtube (/Lupe Stan) and I was hoping that the album version would be as energetic as the live version but sadly it was not. As I said in the Lasers thread, the lyrics are on point but it's not as HYPE.

Eh, well, look like its back listening to Gravediggaz for me. (Fuck Odd Future Wolf Gang etc long assed name)

JackEtc said:
Say whaaaat?
Shaolin had some water problems, call a plumber to look around.

OrangeGrayBlue said:
If you can find me a song that would be good without adlibs, and is made better because it does have them, I'll be highly impressed. A song that goes from complete shit to just mostly shit via adlibs doesn't count.

i'll get back to you.

LOZLINK

Shaolin vs Wu tang is pretty close to rivaling OB4CL2 right now for me

Edit: Til I get there is the worst song on the album, pretty sure it's a "fuck you" to Atlantic

PBY

Banned
Knux-Future said:
Till I get there and All Black Everything are great.

Anyone who says otherwise?

MEET ME SOMEWHERE!!
I don't think people are gonna disagree, but 2/12 isn't good at all. (For the record, I'm not in the crowd that hates every other song, altho there are a few I cant stand, they just seem a little generic and dont say "Lupe" to me)
LOZLINK said:
Shaolin vs Wu tang is pretty close to rivaling OB4CL2 right now for me
No chance, but that Molasses beat is smooth as fuck

People hating on "Till I Get There"? Why am I not surprised, when there's people in here calling Drake the realest rapper out there

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg

LOZLINK

Zoramon089 said:
People hating on "Till I Get There"? Why am I not surprised, when there's people in here calling Drake the realest rapper out there

BarackObamaAwHellNawMacro.jpg
lol lupe stans. No one in here aside from Drake Stans call him the realest rapper alive. Til i get there is fucking terrible

The lyrics are alright, but the beat is WAAAAAY TOOO bubblegum. wtf lupe. i'm not 12. sounds too much like a kid cudi song. get that shit outta here.

PBY

Banned
Pinko Marx said:
The lyrics are alright, but the beat is WAAAAAY TOOO bubblegum. wtf lupe. i'm not 12. sounds too much like a kid cudi song. get that shit outta here.
I loled

Wat?

The song is practically about the whole Laser album fiasco ( lol)

but then again I like Cudi so that's probably where we differ.

Meh. Opinions I guess.

LOZLINK

Pinko Marx said:
Exactly my thoughts.
Where that grimey shit at Lupe?
Gotta eat? The Die? The Coolest? Put you on the game? Cmon son

PBY

Banned
LOZLINK said:
Exactly my thoughts.
Or his hardest song, Dumb It Down. Fucking love that track

LOZLINK said:
Exactly my thoughts.

It's pretty similar to Daydreaming man.

Lupe was never ever a grimey rapper.

Dude came onto the scene with Kick Push.

Knux-Future said:
It's pretty similar to Daydreaming man.

Lupe was never ever a grimey rapper.

Dude came onto the scene with Kick Push.

Those songs were good without being all super sunshine pop shit. This is like Common and UMC, shit was just way too pop for people.

Go back earlier, and listen to shit like Failure, or Lupe the Killer. Lupe is spose to be lyrical, not this fucking Chuck E' Cheese bullshit.

PBY

Banned
Pinko Marx said:
Those songs were good without being all super sunshine pop shit. This is like Common and UMC, shit was just way too pop for people.
I fucking called it a few weeks ago- said exactly that, that itd would be Lupe's UMC. Hopefully it doesn't kill his career though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom