• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
HiResDes said:
Bum Life made the youtube conversion, and we are currently working on a video for C.O.D....Gonna be so funny, on some Turquoise Jeep type shit, but nerdier.

Deez Video Games are so thrillin'.

fuck I almost missed this LOL. Keep us posted on the video.

This and siddx videos made my morning.

CRS

IrishNinja said:
i'm liking PUTS, they got some of that native tongue-esque shit i dig. what's their best album to run with?
I would go with "O.S.T." My favorite album from theirs.

Nabs said:
Here's the secret to actually completing a gaf-tape:

1) get 1 or 2 people who are willing to produce most of it
2) get someone who is willing rap on 5-6 songs at least
3) create a decent foundation and then add people from gaf.
4) ???????????
5) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNyA1pG04c

I'm willling to get on 5 or 6 tracks to provide the bulk of rhymes as long as the beats im given are up to par. and others can fill in. I won't do any choruses cause that takes me way too much time to come up with a real good chorus. But verses I can drop all day.

So Im willing to supply a bulk of the verses basically if needed.

Recon

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
I'm willling to get on 5 or 6 tracks to provide the bulk of rhymes as long as the beats im given are up to par. and others can fill in. I won't do any choruses cause that takes me way too much time to come up with a real good chorus. But verses I can drop all day.

So Im willing to supply a bulk of the verses basically if needed.

same. fuck it, lets just do our own, and if others want to add, then fine.

Nabs

It might not get done, but this is definitely the best start in the history of GAF. Thank you Chris Brown.

Recon

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
but it wont be done. who got the beats.

this is some ol bullshit. also...that chris brown rhyme sound like he was listening to kanye while writin his rhyme

There was some decent beats in the soundcloud for the last mixtape that never went anywhere, and im doing my own beats, or at least trying lmao.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
enzo_gt said:
Holy shit :lol

lol exact response I was going for haha

Southern Hip Hop fans need to DL this mixtape
DJ Burn One - Joints

Some of the production is fantastic. The PWatts and Freddie Gibbs track "one day at a time" reminds me of some old 8ball and MJG type stuff.

njean777

Pinko Marx said:
Did you just say Lasers is more political and conscious than his previous two albums???????????????

Well I have only listened to it once, and from what i heard it seemed to be. Maybe I need to listen to it again. But from what i remember it had a lot of songs about "Real" problems.

njean777 said:
Well I have only listened to it once, and from what i heard it seemed to be. Maybe I need to listen to it again. But from what i remember it had a lot of songs about "Real" problems.

Both The Cool and Food and Liquor did this as well, lol. Lasers is not the only album that does this, but I see where you're coming from. Have you listened to The Cool and Food and Liquor entirely?

Edit: Is it wrong that I want to check out that Domo-kun mixtape solely for the fact that he's using a Domo? /otaku

Jay Sosa

Thanks for the mixtape reviews HiRes, dl right now. Especially the Dee 1 sounds interesting

DJ Burn One - Joints

Thanks will do, dude is the guy who hosts most of KDs tape so I have high expectations

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
Both The Cool and Food and Liquor did this as well, lol. Lasers is not the only album that does this, but I see where you're coming from. Have you listened to The Cool and Food and Liquor entirely?
The Cool and F&L definitely have more songs that talk about real problems on each, and more in depth you could say too.

Recon

Banned
Jay Sosa said:
Thanks for the mixtape reviews HiRes, dl right now. Especially the Dee 1 sounds interesting

Thanks will do, dude is the guy who hosts most of KDs tape so I have high expectations
Dee 1 is good, look up one man army remix

Jay Sosa

Dee 1 is good, look up one man army remix

rofl dude looks like the love child of Drake and Wayne, tracks a bit cheesy but dude can spit.

EDIT: This track is pretty good:

My turn(well except the hook)

Speaking of WC rap, I rediscovered this album in my collection:

41CGZ7KWFPL__AA240_.jpg

And how could you guys forget about this due when talking bout Bay Area rap?

Messy Marv - Cuzzin
Thowed
Only One

hawt

ReconYoda said:
Ahhh, been on an Immortal Technique recently...sooo damn good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4r3aFMxdU
Immortal Technique is a damn good storyteller. The only song I've heard by him, other than the one posted above, is Dance with the Devil. It's a really good song, but man, the way he was able to paint a picture in my head was ridiculous especially with the content of that song. I pretty much assumed that every track he made had that same dark theme so I never really listened to any of his other stuff.

overcast

JackEtc said:
I love People Under the Stairs. I think my favorite track is Tales of Kidd Drunkadelic. They're rapping to elevator music, how can you not like that?
What is the origin of this avatar, who is it? I must know.

Lasers is more political, but it feels a bit forced. The other two album were more about real problems, but they were just plain better than lasers in so many ways.

Excited to listen to Shaolin vs. Wu tang.

Cedric

Bizarre Ryde II The Pharcyde
Labcabincalifornia

The rest is forgettable... After that it's not really The Pharcyde anymore since Fatlip leaves and after another album SlimKid Tre does too.

JackEtc

overcast said:
What is the origin of this avatar, who is it? I must know.
I get asked this so much, I'm glad people like it as much as I do.

It's Lady Gaga, from her video for "Born This Way".

IEowu.gif

I have a really odd and varied taste in music, and while I usually stay away from pop, I love Lady Gaga. But I don't care if you don't like her music, you gotta appreciate dat ass.

hawt said:
Immortal Technique is a damn good storyteller. The only song I've heard by him, other than the one posted above, is Dance with the Devil. It's a really good song, but man, the way he was able to paint a picture in my head was ridiculous especially with the content of that song. I pretty much assumed that every track he made had that same dark theme so I never really listened to any of his other stuff.

Used to be a big into him years back... Not all his songs are that dark, you should check out Revolutionary Vol. 1 & 2. He's mostly a socio/political kind of rapper.

"You never know" is still one of my all time favourite tracks.

kamspy

Threi said:
GAF-HOP:

Rank the Pharcyde albums for me please.
Bizarre ride has more soul, labcabbin has more polish. Both are undisputed classics. But fuck pharcyde w/o Fat Lip. Hate the bitter ending.

Tokubetsu

Prodigy is a free man tomorrow and if ALC's twitter is to be believed, one of the first things he's doing is heading to the studio with Havoc and Alchemist.

HiResDes

siddx said:
lol exact response I was going for haha

DJ Burn One - Joints

Some of the production is fantastic. The PWatts and Freddie Gibbs track "one day at a time" reminds me of some old 8ball and MJG type stuff.
Naw dude that's exactly what I hope to aspire to, lol.

Baby Milo

Tokubetsu said:
Prodigy is a free man tomorrow and if ALC's twitter is to be believed, one of the first things he's doing is heading to the studio with Havoc and Alchemist.
i grew up on mobb so this is nice to hear. i don't expect much from after prison prodigy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom