• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

Reply 1: Thanks for all the love

Reply 2: Siddx recommended some good shit, really loving the Mike Schpitz tape, which I feel like I snubbed now

Reply 3: Dog Shit is exactly what I hoped it to be

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Just downloaded that Ice Warriors tape, I'm not a huge Keith of MF fan (I like a few songs back have yet to find an entire album I like) but I liked the cover enough to give it a try. Very surprised at how much I like it. You are right, it's like Kool Keith style rap but with a bit more structure imo.

Grzi

Any word on the Freddie Gibbs album?

I need some new Gibbs in my system yo.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it, but yeah, Return of 4Eva is amazing.
It's sunny, I was just driving around town listening to it, fits perfectly.

siddx

Grzi said:
Any word on the Freddie Gibbs album?

I need some new Gibbs in my system yo.

Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it, but yeah, Return of 4Eva is amazing.
It's sunny, I was just driving around town listening to it, fits perfectly.

I believe I just read he signed with Jeezy.

Also just read this
"He has just recently teamed up with Bun B, Chip tha Ripper, and Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks of The Cool Kids to form the "super group" P.O.C. (Pulled Over by the Cops)."

Grzi

siddx said:

Not sure what to think about that.
Has anyone from Jeezy's camp besides Jeezy ever released an album?
Also, Jeezy seems to have problems trying to recreate his sound, everything he's been doing lately (including the past couple of mixtapes, the beef with Rawse etc.) sucks.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:

Also just read this
"He has just recently teamed up with Bun B, Chip tha Ripper, and Chuck Inglish and Mikey Rocks of The Cool Kids to form the "super group" P.O.C. (Pulled Over by the Cops)."
New All City Chess Club confirmed.

Rick Ross ft. Lil Wayne - 9 Piece (Remix)

Seriously, new single from a new album and you still on that Luger shit?

Jay Sosa

Grzi said:
Not sure what to think about that.
Has anyone from Jeezy's camp besides Jeezy ever released an album?
Also, Jeezy seems to have problems trying to recreate his sound, everything he's been doing lately (including the past couple of mixtapes, the beef with Rawse etc.) sucks.

I actually made a post that went like this:
Nooooooooooooooooooooo
but I deleted it. I hope it's not true.

And I just saw/heard "All the lights" for the first time (yes, I live under a rock), well let me put it this way. I know why I haven't listened to the album yet and after hearing that track never will. And jeez that video is equally awful and epilepsy inducing.

PBY

Banned
Jay Sosa said:
I actually made a post that went like this: but I deleted it. I hope it's not true.

And I just saw/heard "All the lights" for the first time (yes, I live under a rock), well let me put it this way. I know why I haven't listened to the album yet and after hearing that track never will. And jeez that video is equally awful and epilepsy inducing.
How can you hate on this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMtaV-JCp6Q

Jay Sosa

Well tbh after watching it again the basic instrumental/sample is pretty nice (just the horns/synths at the beginning) but as soon as the drums start and the vocal sample sets in, it becomes awful and then it gets even worse when Kanye comes on. It's completely overproduced and I don't like that.

That band sounds version is way better.

kamspy

Will the mail man come through today? We'll see.

As for Dog Shit, I can't believe P is fucking with Nas. That shit makes me sick to my stomach. I'ma have to try and edit his shit out of the track. Otherwise it's a great cut. Ya know what, I don't even need to hear Havoc. Just give me a P solo album please.

Gucc x Wacka - Yung Nigga

Gucc shoulda kept the beat for himself. Wacka brought his C game.

RJT

HiResDes said:

2. Pac Div Mania! - Shameless senseless party tracks with a great mix of up-tempo party anthems, great spitters, and smoked out haze.
That cover made me ignore that tape. Looked like reggaeton bullshit or something. Thanks for the recommendation.

kamspy

Nas fans are crazy as hell. I posted a similar sentiment about Nas on that Dog Shit track on YouTube and instantly got like 5 email replies. lol

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Gamer98 said:
That's funny that you said that I just got done watching the Apprentice commercial. So sad how far the Jackson family has fallen since MJ's death.

The Jacksons were already on rock bottom before Jacko's death

hubes

kamspy said:
What the hell is Mr. Cee doing on Hot97 right now?
i think i just heard about him getting caught getting head from a dude or something.

not that there's anything wrong with that.........

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:

Also just read this

They were talking about the group in one of the clips I posted. Killa kind of destroyed the discussion though.

Blackace said:
Luger beats are banging.. Guys like Ross and Wanye make their cheese from getting club play.. Luger is one of the hottest bangers not doing Europop right now

How does club play=money for artists? I'm curious

RPS37

S9f8b.jpg

April 19th

in case you may be unaware, it's a re-release (re-mastering) of a tape he made in 09 that sounded like BALLS

This is also same day that Visions is releasing.

(how does one make spoiler tags now??)

It didn't sound THAT bad. But then again Blu has really showed us what bad-to-no engineering means, ie GodLeeBarnes which I simply cannot listen to. He says he lost the masters, but then again I remember him releasing a lot of shitty sounding stuff in an attempt to sound retro.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
PhoenixDark said:
How does club play=money for artists? I'm curious

How does it not?

MTV play doesn't help record sales? Radio play?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
Luger beats are banging.. Guys like Ross and Wanye make their cheese from getting club play.. Luger is one of the hottest bangers not doing Europop right now
Yeah they do, but we can't be the only ones getting tired of the same BMF beat a thousand times over. Kill the sound and you'll never hear it ever again after a year. And Wayne doesn't even sound right over a Luger joint but his mass appeal fanbase will eat that shit up like BMF didn't exist. Cause to them it doesn't. CDQ of the song here though.

siddx

kamspy said:
Will the mail man come through today? We'll see.

As for Dog Shit, I can't believe P is fucking with Nas. That shit makes me sick to my stomach. I'ma have to try and edit his shit out of the track. Otherwise it's a great cut. Ya know what, I don't even need to hear Havoc. Just give me a P solo album please.

Gucc x Wacka - Yung Nigga

Gucc shoulda kept the beat for himself. Wacka brought his C game.

C game is about the best Wacka can do.

kamspy

siddx said:
C game is about the best Wacka can do.

Wacka just is just there to spice up a beat. Like those Euro DJ who say a few bars over and over again while they're playing techno. Kinda like that.

hawt

HiResDes said:
As always, Dela does not disappoint! Definitely worth picking up if you haven't already. My favorite tracks so far are West Side Story & Jay Electropietricus.

Also wanted to point out that it's $7.99 on his Bandcamp page as opposed to the $8.99 from Amazon. But buying an MP3 album off of Amazon gets you a free upgrade to 20GB on the Amazon Cloud Player for a year. Take your pick!

Downloaded OFWGKTA's entire discography and have been enjoying it all over the past few weeks, and was wondering if anyone has more recommendations that are similar to the Odd Future crew?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jason's Ultimatum said:
2dopeboyz is always acting up. I want to play a song and it just sits there just buffering. =\
Been having this problem with Nah Right all day today, but never really before. Shit just isn't buffering today for some reason.

HiResDes

silentcapybara said:
Downloaded OFWGKTA's entire discography and have been enjoying it all over the past few weeks, and was wondering if anyone has more recommendations that are similar to the Odd Future crew?
Maybe Das Racist or Danny Brown

Swag

enzo_gt said:
Came in to hate on new Gambino touching my precious AOTL, but after listening appreciated his unique take on the song/beat, as much as I dislike the way he rhymes and flows.
I just want the instrumental for that beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom