• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
kamspy said:
Hip hop died with him. Nas made a whole album about it.
I cried the day he died, at work. Nas should've had a bit more respect for Young Pimp than to write that turd about him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ridin' Dirty is great.....but Supertight is better. If only because it has my favorite UGK song ever "Front, Back, and Side to Side"

kamspy

siddx said:
Ridin' Dirty is great.....but Supertight is better. If only because it has my favorite UGK song ever "Front, Back, and Side to Side"

you're comparing 24k gold to 14k gold. Hard to argue, but, yeah, wash out your whore mouth.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
siddx said:
I adore Super Tight, but Ridin' Dirty has "Diamonds & Wood," and it is probably the greatest song ever written.
This opinion may or may not be influenced by the fact that the song is blasting right now.

I'M SMOKIN' SKUNK AND POPPIN' THAT TRUNK TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD

kamspy

Why did I buy a Yukmouth and C-Bo collabo album? What a fucking odd combo. I've got all kinds of shit here. Haven't looked at this shit in years.

siddx

kamspy said:
you're comparing 24k gold to 14k gold. Hard to argue, but, yeah, wash out your whore mouth.

I like the taste in my whore mouth thank you very much

siddx

kamspy said:
Why did I buy a Yukmouth and C-Bo collabo album? What a fucking odd combo. I've got all kinds of shit here. Haven't looked at this shit in years.

lol I have C-Bo's "One Life to Live" album somewhere, pretty bad album, I bought it in Thailand on a trip for a soccer tournament.

kamspy

Dude, Pimp C just went so fucking hard on Pinky Ring. I bet no one used that mic for a week after seeing that shit happen in person. starting at 2:56. Just a tiny little 16, but cot damn. Just close down the fucking studio when that shit happens. AND he did the beat. Kanye lol.

exarkun

You guys ever have a moment where a cd comes on Itunes during shuffle and you basically rediscover an old, forgotten favorite?

Basement Evolution. Production is so tight.

Edit: Kamps, just read about your wife. Hope she gets better man. My gf and I are going through similar stuff with her dad. Sorry.

kamspy

Diamonds and Wood just came on. Fuck my neighbors right now. Come tell me to turn this shit down. They're feeling the full force of my McIntosh's. Fucking love these things right now.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
kamspy said:
Dude, Pimp C just went so fucking hard on Pinky Ring. I bet no one used that mic for a week after seeing that shit happen in person. starting at 2:56. Just a tiny little 16, but cot damn. Just close down the fucking studio when that shit happens. AND he did the beat. Kanye lol.
I looooove that part of that song.

EIGHTEEN INCH LORENZOS, YOKOHAMA TIRES. WHEN I RIDE BY ON DEM BITCHES, GET THEY PUSSYHOLE ON FIRE.

Best ever.

Good god, Bun's verse at the beginning of "That's Why I Carry." UGK is un-fucking-touchable.

siddx

Tokubetsu said:
Kinda on a blackout. Got that early pre-order in and thats it. I don't even know when it ships.

Me too, which is why I had no idea about this until just now. I looked it up since I also have it on pre-order it drops on the 12th.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
While I'm talking about rap, I may as well mention that the new Third Sight album is done. That shit needs to come out like now. Symbionese Liberation Album is probably my favorite rap album last decade. It's so fucking good.

kamspy

I'm tryin to stay out of the bar so I don't go to jail tonight, but if I don't cool it on these speakers I might end up seeing the police anyways.

siddx

kamspy said:
I'm tryin to stay out of the bar so I don't go to jail tonight, but if I don't cool it on these speakers I might end up seeing the police anyways.

Pull a 2pac and when the cops show up, put on "Fuck the Police".

IrishNinja

enzo_gt said:
I meet your trolling with truth.
Mastering on AOTL > OB4CLII.

kamspy said:
9th Wonder and NO ID make generic beats.

...fuck is this

Vik_Vaughn said:

this turned the thread back around.

Kam - damn man, late on this but i hope it's all good. smoke out, meditate, play some games, pass out/etc whatever you gotta do for the time. i just got my woman & my dog and id be a mess if either was laid up, you got my sympathies man. shit'll be alright.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
kamspy said:

A lot of the Bay all stars of old started doing collabos after Jive dropped them..

Spice, Bo and Yukmouth all did one

I think Spice and Eiht did one

Bo and Brotha Lynch Hung

All crippin'

LOZLINK

Read about your wife kamp. Everythings gonna be alright, my moms fought cancer twice and that motherfucker got his ass whooped. Stay strong.

On a more positive note, I was high as shit driving while cooking and hit an rbt. Cop saw what I was doing and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was dancing and was cool with it. #drivingswag

LOZLINK

Tokubetsu said:
The based god would never allow you to get ticketed while cooking. #havefaith
Ellen Degeneres is such a fucking driving hazard. I dare one of you to listen to it while driving and not cook in some way. Everytime it comes on, I always start with "awwwww shit" and proceed to cook. #longlivebasedgod

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
they are playing this 600 benz on 105.1 fm right now. Trying to keep an open mind. Listening on the online stream.

Still very weird for me to hear wale on rozay tracks. I have been a fan back when he was pushing out dem mixtapes and rapping over go-go beats. Hes a hometown boy being from PG and all.

siddx

I just realized that other than the futbol thread, we have the biggest thread on the first page.

I have said it before I think but the other thing I miss about the 90's are actual remixes. Remixes now a days involves throwing 80 rappers on the song who fart out throwaway verses. Remixes used to mean a brand new beat, and sometimes new lyrics and a new hook too. It was a fresh perspective on the theme of the song. Remixes are so fucking lazy and dull now.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:

Agreed. Supertight is a bit better than Riding Dirty, but I admit I spent many a late night cruising H-town blasting both.

'Feds In Town' is my favorite UGK song. Ironically it is a dope slanging tale that I have grown completely tired of. But the way that Bun flowed on it and Pimp doing the hook has that song as a daily listen til this day. I seriously love that song.

My favorite song on Ridin' Dirty was 3 in the morning. Probably because I spent many a night leaving a strip club, hitting Whataburger on the way home blasting it with my system.

Jay Sosa

I have to say that One Day is what made me a fan, I never even knew who the first guy rapping was thought he was part of UGK..(now I know of course) and then Murder, Bun Bs part is just amazing.

I love Ridin Dirty but my god are the skits annoying..and there all at the fucking beginning of the songs so you can't really skip them. I don't give a fuck if theres two dudes kissing each other.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
spindashing said:
Kams, I hope everything is real good with your wife.

Wale - 600 Benz (feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss)

Sounds like a Lex Luger beat kinda. But it has Wale and Mr. EHE!
DJ CAPS-LOCK

DominoKid said:
So Lil B say he gonna make an EP w/ Jay Electronica
http://exclaim.ca/News/lil_b_confirm...electronica_ep
does he realize that Jay Electronica doesnt work hard like him?
gota admire lil b just for the fact that hes always on this grind.
ReconYoda said:
Or is on such a higher level than him?
now your just plain hatin for no reason >_>

Double D

True Story: I go to youtube every few days and try to listen to Lil B. I really just can't wrap my head around it. Then I came to realize that I have the same outlook on Lil B as I do Pee Wee Herman.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Tokubetsu said:
The Based God needs haters too. Just know he'll always win because he loves you too.
praise based god
~swag
Vik_Vaughn said:
True Story: I go to youtube every few days and try to listen to Lil B. I really just can't wrap my head around it. Then I came to realize that I have the same outlook on Lil B as I do Pee Wee Herman.
i have no clue what your talking about....true story!
~swag

DominoKid

spindashing said:
Kams, I hope everything is real good with your wife.

Wale - 600 Benz (feat. Rick Ross & Jadakiss)

Sounds like a Lex Luger beat kinda. But it has Wale and Mr. EHE!

i still cant wrap my head around this combo.

i mean look at this shit. wale just looks wrong.
seld-made.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom