• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawt

Wow. Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I thought 64 was originally part of BlackenedWhite. I'm not gonna lie though, I've only listened to BlackenedWhite and YelloWhite once and thought, "That's cool." Then went back Earl and Frank Ocean.

Acid08

Banned
I think Earl will come back, not want to be part of Odd Future and Tyler will make an entire album about how sad/mad he is about it.

iavi

Acid08 said:
I think Earl will come back, not want to be part of Odd Future and Tyler will make an entire album about how sad/mad he is about it.

But will still support him because he's family or some shit like that.

Yeah, that's about what I see happening too.

Well they all got signed bar Earl so he's on his own from here on out regardless.
It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't hear much from him again, it's a shame cause he's talented too but did mostly just sound like a Tyler clone though.

Jo Shishido's Cheeks said:
Well they all got signed bar Earl so he's on his own from here on out regardless.
It wouldn't surprise me if we didn't hear much from him again, it's a shame cause he's talented too but did mostly just sound like a Tyler clone though.
Hell no, Sweet cheeks. Earl has his own swag. The team of Earl and Tyler, is similar to M.O.P. Same topics, but different swag.

HiResDes

meloFrontCover.jpg

1. King’s Theme feat. Jesse Boykins III
2. Thee Anthem
3. Google Alerts (Nite n Day MeLo-Eclipse)
4. Rapity Rap Remix feat. Kendrick Lamar & Mickey Factz
5. The Highest (Extended Live Redit)
6. Treat Her Right (And I Know)
7. Gone Baby feat. Paul Mcartney & Erykah Badu
8. Stop El Mundo
9. Average Fruit (MeLo-X Remix)
10. She is Forever feat. Jesse Boykins III & Theophilus London
11. Get It UP feat. NTU (Prod. by MeLo-X)
12. Broken Wings feat. Jesse Boykins III
13. Keep The Faith feat. Jesse Boykins III & Chris Faust
14. Mirrors in My Mind (Kordan Remix)
15. Canigetonmy
16. Houstatlantavegas feat. SonnyMoon (MeLo-X Remix)
17. Time Instrumental
18. Tehas Beans Instrumental

DOWNLOAD

....Dare I deem him one of the top five most creative minds in hip-hop right now

kamspy

You should all be ashamed of the last two pages.

I'm downloading that tape you just linked Des, and it better change the way I understand hip hop for the rest of my life.

HiResDes

I don't think you'll like every song in that compilation, but it definitely exhibits his creative range...Which is incredible

...Kam you might hate it, unless you like hip-hop/neo-soul/electronica

kamspy

HiResDes said:

No, I don't hate it. I think some of the beats are cool. Sometimes he goes into Wayne mode, but a lot of rappers are guilty of that (thanks to Waynes global saturation).

Not bad. I think you may have oversold it a little bit. What's your stand out track?

_____

I still don't get the Hodgy uber love. Dude's a good rapper, with flashes of greatness. I still think calling him better than Tyler is a meme. And you guys are just trolling me with it because Tyler is pretty much the first alternative hip hop I've really really liked.

iavi

HiResDes said:
I don't think you'll like every song in that compilation, but it definitely exhibits his creative range...Which is incredible

Fuck, even if the rest of this shit turns out to be horrible, this intro is hypnotic as hell. To the point of even having a halo effect on the rest of this thing.

kamspy said:
I still don't get the Hodgy uber love. Dude's a good rapper, with flashes of greatness. I still think calling him better than Tyler is a meme. And you guys are just trolling me with it because Tyler is pretty much the first alternative hip hop I've really really liked.

Was anybody even saying that?

HiResDes

While I think he's a solid rapper, I really think his genius lies in his ability to produce/dj...My favorite track on that particular compilation is probably Rapity Rap, Canigetonmy, or the Houstatlantavegas mix...

There are a couple of tracks I would have definitely included like Black Apple With Love

kamspy

For me he either completely knocks it out of the park or it's just messy and boring.

If there was no Tyler, there would be no Mellowhype on a national scene. If there was no Mellowhype, Tyler would still be 2011 R.O.Y.

I don't want to come off down on Mellowhype. It's mostly just for sake of conversation.

HiResDes

When I have these debates with various regulars somehow the topics of sales, popularity, and fame always infiltrate the discussion...I only ever give a damn about what sounds the best. I think Tyler has the best songs, but Mellowhype has more good ones overall.

kamspy

I wasn't talking about raw sales, more of just a stylistic thing. Maybe I'm off and Left Brain somehow fathered Tyler's production style. But I kinda see Mellowhype as two Robins.

The contacts in the video didn't tip anyone else off?

iavi

kamspy said:
I wasn't talking about raw sales, more of just a stylistic thing. Maybe I'm off and Left Brain somehow fathered Tyler's production style. But I kinda see Mellowhype as two Robins.

I agree. Thing is I can see Leftbrain operating without Hodgy just fine. Next to Yonkers, Transylvania was the hardest hitting track on Goblin. Tyler dove headfirst into a shitpile lyrically on that one, but it was instrumentally solid. If anyone is the batman, it's him.

kamspy said:
The contacts in the video didn't tip anyone else off?

To what? They looked sick, but that's all I noticed about them.

MMaRsu

Banned
Bad Meets Evil The Sequel is pretty damn good, although Em´s voice is
something I really can´t stand anymore.

Royce goes hard as a motherfucker tho. Shiiiiiiiiiiit

Recon

Banned
*Tyler the Creator is the most overrated rapper in the last year.

*Lasers was mediocre but Lupe still shits on most Rappers out right now

*I like Ghostface and Rae more than any other member of the Wu

* Kampsy is old

* Wacka Flocka/Gucci Mane are both garbage rappers with garbage fans

* Start Your Own Rebellion needs more love from this thread.

*Tupac>Biggie

* Kanye gets worse every album.

* J.Cole is the best new comer in a long time

* I love hip-hop

Copy and pasted from the new thread!

CRS

kamspy said:
We gotta get that 20k.

The 20k post needs to proclaim Wacka as the lord and savior of hip-hop for all time.
Haha. I wish I could see what people see in Gucci/Wacka. Maybe there's a certain mindset to it.

My bad on the thread making before this one reached 20k. We're not that far off.

Recon

Banned
we are so damn close...Anyways, that Mamas Boyfriend is good, Kanye is crazy for not putting it on MBDTF, should of replaced a GOOD Friday track

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
we are so damn close...Anyways, that Mamas Boyfriend is good, Kanye is crazy for not putting it on MBDTF, should of replaced a GOOD Friday track
6 MORE POSTS, I think Shinobi should close this out, only fitting imho

CRS

peterb0y said:
6 MORE POSTS, I think Shinobi should close this out, only fitting imho
There's gonna be a "Forever > 36 Chambers" somewhere in there and no one's gonna be able to say anything about it.
In this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom