• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Day 1 is always so awkward.

VOTE: Terrabyte20xx

image.php

I used to think that D1 was totally useless and we lynch someone for the sake of lynching someone, but after the biggest scumtell for Swamped in DR how *Splinter interacted with her, my opinion drastically changed. With this in mind, let's hop onto one of the two bandwagons^^
#scumtell

vote: Terrabyte20xx

Launch could we get a vote count?
Launch wouldn't need to bother if he made his game compatible the automated votecount thingy ^^

Sorian

Banned
Until I am proven otherwise, I am going to assume that the doctor is town aligned but has an alt win condition where s/he wins if they are lynched or nk'd day 1.

Sorian

Banned
And who is the lucky winner of Wheel of Fortune today? Why, it's

Vote: Sorian

:D

I've never won anything in my life!!!!!! :D

------------

I take back my previous question by the way. I feel like the answers to that would help scum more than it helps us and I don't feel like exploring Launch's mind at this time.

Sorian

Banned
Oh man I didn't think think about how obvious the alignments would be if people knew the names!

lol

Are you trying to say you were planning to subvert expectations?

I wonder what the LaunchpadMcQ role does. Would it be tacky if Launch put himself in as a role?

Sorian

Banned
The Launchpad role starts out as a bedwetter, but once you reach Day 2, you realize you are actually a Ninja.

I thought it was the other way around? The role also needs to get mad at the mod at least twice per day phase.

<3

Back to our regularly scheduled game of mafia, for real though.

squidyj

I also want to say that I am pretty sad I didn't get to be scum this game :(

There is something I have regularly asked people to do in past games. That is give their top town and scum (I'd actually like to expand to top 3 of each), people have done it but it hasn't been as common as I would like it so I want to explain a few reasons why it's a really good idea for everyone to give those reads on a regular basis.

1. It constricts mafia. It puts mafia in the position of needing to put reads out there which makes it harder for them to double-back and get an easy mislynch out of the way. It also asks them to put out a series of reads that is coherent and plausible and give an explanation of those reads that is reasonable.

2. If participation is significant non-participation can be read as a sign of scum. If mafia decides that they're better off clamming up then good use of regular reads from everyone bites them in the ass.

3. If you die, people will know what you thought about things. Instead of just loading up the bandwagon on a day lynch and keeping all discussion about the current target it's one way to keep information on a broader base up to date and relevant.

4. Humor me. Please.

Ourobolus

Banned
I don't necessarily have any problems with giving read lists...except it's day 1. Even if I did have a list, it would be nigh-random.

squidyj

all right. Well then. squidyj has been strangely inoffensive so far. Let's go with him.

Vote: squidyj

Sorry, my most hyped indie game Else Heart.Break() came out today. so I really just want to play that instead of playing a game where i'm some jerk with a stupid accent.

Sorian

Banned
I also want to say that I am pretty sad I didn't get to be scum this game :(

There is something I have regularly asked people to do in past games. That is give their top town and scum (I'd actually like to expand to top 3 of each), people have done it but it hasn't been as common as I would like it so I want to explain a few reasons why it's a really good idea for everyone to give those reads on a regular basis.

1. It constricts mafia. It puts mafia in the position of needing to put reads out there which makes it harder for them to double-back and get an easy mislynch out of the way. It also asks them to put out a series of reads that is coherent and plausible and give an explanation of those reads that is reasonable.

2. If participation is significant non-participation can be read as a sign of scum. If mafia decides that they're better off clamming up then good use of regular reads from everyone bites them in the ass.

3. If you die, people will know what you thought about things. Instead of just loading up the bandwagon on a day lynch and keeping all discussion about the current target it's one way to keep information on a broader base up to date and relevant.

4. Humor me. Please.

Cute to the bolded, not that easy though.

As for the rest of your post, sure, I'm all for a top 3 in each category near the end of the day but asking now is tantamount to someone spinning the wheel 6 times and just listing the results.

Sorry, my most hyped indie game Else Heart.Break() came out today. so I really just want to play that instead of playing a game where i'm some jerk with a stupid accent.

Top Bottom