• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Mafia [Mafia] lOTl Should've Gone for Bagels...

Coppanuva

I don't necessarily have any problems with giving read lists...except it's day 1. Even if I did have a list, it would be nigh-random.

Not only is it Day 1, it's like... 2 hours into Day 1. There are still people who have been silent, and a large majority of early votes are trying to either get people to talk, or just relied on RNGs.

Ourobolus

Banned
Not only is it Day 1, it's like... 2 hours into Day 1. There are still people who have been silent, and a large majority of early votes are trying to either get people to talk, or just relied on RNGs.

Yeah. Towards the end of the day I'll be happy to give a list.

*Splinter

Sawneeks is playing??

igGqxey.gif
Hello Sawneeks.
You don't know me, but I know you. I want to play a game.
Here's what happens if you lose. One by one, your co-players will vote for you. A majority will be reached, and our moderator will write a surprisingly gory description of your death. You will be asked to leave this establishment, and will spend the rest of the afternoon watching the rest of us enjoy our tacos, unable to join in.
There is only one way to avoid this fate. Below are a seemingly nonsensical string of characters. By correctly unscrambling these letters (and posting them in highlight tags) you will prove to your co-players that you are not a dead weight to your team, that you posses useful problem-solving skills, and that you understand "Gym" and "Pool" start with different letters of the alphabet no matter how many times you visit them.
Look around Sawneeks. Know that I'm not lying. Better hurry up. Eat tacos or join the Dead Thread, make your choice.

O e n E a V T s S k e : w

Coppanuva

Hello Sawneeks.
Here's what happens if you lose. One by one, your co-players will vote for you. A majority will be reached, and our moderator will write a surprisingly gory description of your death. You will be asked to leave this establishment, and will spend the rest of the afternoon watching the rest of us enjoy our tacos, unable to join in.
There is only one way to avoid this fate. Below are a seemingly nonsensical string of characters. By correctly unscrambling these letters (and posting them in highlight tags) you will prove to your co-players that you are not a dead weight to your team, that you posses useful problem-solving skills, and that you understand "Gym" and "Pool" start with different letters of the alphabet no matter how many times you visit them.
Look around Sawneeks. Know that I'm not lying. Better hurry up. Eat tacos or join the Dead Thread, make your choice.

I found who got Blargonaut's role.

squidyj

that's fine, I'm not worried about that, I just wanted to say it at the start of the game.

Sorian

Banned
Hello Sawneeks.

lol, the puzzle got me.

that's fine, I'm not worried about that, I just wanted to say it at the start of the game.

I'd like to piggyback on this and follow Palmer's lead from election mafia. I think everyone should always try to have an active vote up. It also shows your thoughts at different times and it ended up being instrumental in finding a voteless player who was trying to lie.

Hello Sawneeks.

oh god, lol

l
As for the rest of your post, sure, I'm all for a top 3 in each category near the end of the day but asking now is tantamount to someone spinning the wheel 6 times and just listing the results.

• *Splinter
    Swamped
    Sorian
    Rats Off To Ya
    Coppanuva
    StarSketch

I'm pretty sure we just found our scum.

Sawneeks

Banned
Hello Sawneeks.

Oooooh, I'm good at these! Give me a second.

S k e : w s t v V N e o n

Humm..

V t e o : k e e S s N o

Close but it still doesn't look right..

V e t S : o a N s e k e

Wait. Think I'm on to something.

V o t e : k a w N s e e s

Oh, wait, shoot. I read your question wrong again. My bad! I got it now. :)

Vote: *Splinter

k brb going swimming now

Wait are we seriously just chucking lynch votes out there on the first day?

As if I were supposed to expect any sort of logic from these games, going by the DR game

Sorian

Banned

As if I were supposed to expect any sort of logic from these games, going by the DR game

Sure, why wouldn't we? Who would you like to chuck your vote at?

I keep meaning to ask someone when I see it, what's the significance of the persona characters with dunce caps?

We don't have much to go on since its Day 1, so most of these votes aren't likely to actually stick. Still, we have to start somewhere.

I keep meaning to ask someone when I see it, what's the significance of the persona characters with dunce caps?

I think there was an avatar bet over whether Persona 5 would be delayed or not. There were casualties.

roytheone

Hey, this thing started while I was at work! So how it is it going guys? We already lynched the doctor? No? Well, then we are already exceeding expectations! So, what is the plan today? We are spinning a stupid wheel and basing our vote on that? Well, that is basically an RNG and I really hate RNG. But on the other hand it is 3 hours into day 1, so we really don't have anything else to go on. So why not:

vote: squidyj

Who do we expect the scum names to be? I feel like Darryl is a given but I'm at a loss after that.

I wouldn't be surprised if the scum names are actually not gafia members, but other GAF mods (Evillore etc.) that are finally done with our mafia threads dominating the off topic community section and want to destroy us once and for all.

I don't necessarily have any problems with giving read lists...except it's day 1. Even if I did have a list, it would be nigh-random.

The interesting thing about day 1 is that nobody has any information and is just randomly doing things.....except the scum.

Sorian

Banned
Hey, this thing started while I was at work! So how it is it going guys? We already lynched the doctor? No? Well, then we are already exceeding expectations! So, what is the plan today? We are spinning a stupid wheel and basing our vote on that? Well, that is basically an RNG and I really hate RNG. But on the other hand it is 3 hours into day 1, so we really don't have anything else to go on. So why not:

vote: squidyj

I would like to clarify, did this vote come from the RNG wheel or did you choose this yourself?

The interesting thing about day 1 is that nobody has any information and is just randomly doing things.....except the scum.

Scum is the only one that has 100% verified information but I'm tired of seeing this argument for day 1 every single time. Things start a little random, of course, but reads are still happening during this time. Scum is laying their foundation so they have something to fall back on, the hints are always there. So no, I wouldn't say nobody has any information, its just that town needs read into some things, the problem is that sometimes people start to read into nothing but that's what mafia is. That being said, I'm waiting for sweet Swamped to make her way here but I already saw something I didn't like and my vote will change soon to match once she's talked with us a bit.

Swamped

Banned
Hi guys, so nice to finally meet you all. Makai really does have fat cheeks. Wait, what do you mean he's not in this game? WHO DO I DIRECT MY D1 AGGRESSION TOWARDS???

Well. I suppose it's heart-warming to know I've garnered enough 'fans' from my DR antics. If i get two more votes on me i promise to rat out my mafia buddies.

Also, let's not lynch StarSketch D1. Mafia, i ask that you don't kill her N1.

Let's get this party started!

VOTE: Swamped

Why? RNG mostly...

And Daganronpa, YES I'M STILL BITTER!!!!!

I apologize for killing you
but it was really fun. You died a slow death
. So did you pick me because of DR, or RNG? Surely it can't be both.

(She, sorry)

Well... It's more tolerable than the farmer or whatever we had before... but if I blow my own brains out around D2-3 you know who drove me to it

Killlll joyyyyy :p Stop annoying the following people: Sawneeks, Scrafty, Launchpad (especially Launchpad lol).

So...who should i vote for? I could vote Splinter for the exact same reason he voted me. But I think I'm going to start with someone who hasn't said much yet.

VOTE: RetroMG

I'm going to go through what's been said in more detail once I'm on my desktop. I've just skimmed through so far.

squidyj

Hi guys, so nice to finally meet you all. Makai really does have fat cheeks. Wait, what do you mean he's not in this game? WHO DO I DIRECT MY D1 AGGRESSION TOWARDS???

Well. I suppose it's heart-warming to know I've garnered enough 'fans' from my DR antics. If i get two more votes on me i promise to rat out my mafia buddies.

Killlll joyyyyy :p Stop annoying the following people: Sawneeks, Scrafty, Launchpad (especially Launchpad lol).

So...who should i vote for? I could vote Splinter for the exact same reason he voted me. But I think I'm going to start with someone who hasn't said much yet.

I'm going to go through what's been said in more detail once I'm on my desktop. I've just skimmed through so far.

Vote: Swamped

Sorian

Banned

The fuck is this? There is a lot of defense for others in this post. Where did that come from?

Coppanuva

Why? Just because she is a new player? I don't agree, if it turns out she is our best Lynch option, we shouldn't take "she is a new player" into account.

That's a good point, I don't like the "Day 1 new player" defense too much often. Just because someone is new to Mafia doesn't mean they deserve to be off the hook immediately, especially since they may have played it somewhere not on GAF before.

Ourobolus

Banned
That's a good point, I don't like the "Day 1 new player" defense too much often. Just because someone is new to Mafia doesn't mean they deserve to be off the hook immediately, especially since they may have played it somewhere not on GAF before.

but what if she's the jailer
per gafia policy we have to lynch her or vig her

Well, I'll give you this much credit: I'm honestly not sure whether you're attempting reverse-psychology or just messing with everyone, but your lack of defense intrigues me nonetheless.

UNVOTE

Just so that we don't risk ending this soireé early. But honey, don't think I'm taking my eye off of you.

squidyj

Do me a solid and expand on this a little bit more. What from Swamp's post specifically makes you feel this way?

I will do you a venom and get my revenge on the organization that killed my.... wait that's a different game. There's nothing about that post that reads right to me, there are elements that feel forced and bringing up starsketch is super weird and feels like she's trying to communicate something to someone.

Sorian

Banned
I will do you a venom and get my revenge on the organization that killed my.... wait that's a different game. There's nothing about that post that reads right to me, there are elements that feel forced and bringing up starsketch is super weird and feels like she's trying to communicate something to someone.

Do you think the mention of Scrafty or Sawneeks mean anything?

I honestly don't know.

If I might hazard a guess, I'm fairly certain that she merely wants Splinter to refrain from hassling us in reference to his disparaging remarks about my personality as well as his treatment of Sawneeks in the DR game.

Not to say I was offended by Splinter's opinion though. A little hostility only means that I'm doing my job.

Sorian

Banned
If I might hazard a guess, I'm fairly certain that she merely wants Splinter to refrain from hassling us in reference to his disparaging remarks about my personality as well as his treatment of Sawneeks in the DR game.

Not to say I was offended by Splinter's opinion though. A little hostility only means that I'm doing my job.

Well, I know what they mean on the surface. I'm just wondering if they were worth anything past that.

Top Bottom