• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 05/28/08

Twig

Banned
Listened to this last night while playing Age of Conan (on the Tyranny server no less!)

THAT IS NOT PEENORANGE

PEENORANGE DOES NOT HELP PEOPLE

I lol'd.

YET ANOTHER GOOD PODCAST. And another one today, right? O:

eznark

Banned
TheOneGuy said:
Listened to this last night while playing Age of Conan (on the Tyranny server no less!)

THAT IS NOT PEENORANGE

PEENORANGE DOES NOT HELP PEOPLE

I lol'd.

YET ANOTHER GOOD PODCAST. And another one today, right? O:

I don't think so, they got embargoed, but I was unclear as to whether the whole show got scrapped or just the specific discussion?

Twig

Banned
eznark said:
I don't think so, they got embargoed, but I was unclear as to whether the whole show got scrapped or just the specific discussion?
Oh...

I thought the embargo was supposed to be up earlier this week! Now I am confused!

sikkinixx

thanks for costing me another $30 GFW Radio :p after hearing about Us Guys I had to snag it (only $10 on amazon.ca) and I decided to get Walking Dead too since I'm kind of a reluctant zombie lover.

Solid show... yet again. It says something when I will listen to this show twice before I fire up any other gaming related podcasts.

How can I join the ranks of PeenOrange in Conan? A friend of mine bought it a day ago and I bought it earlier tonight. We know what server and all that, but how can we find you guys? Also, can anyone tell me why it might be that I put in the DVD and nothing happens? I can't even get the game to install for christ sake.

Good Civ talk

Are there any gameplay videos of it anywhere? GT only has a trailer and an interview and GameVideos doesn't seem to have anything on it.

I played CivII on the PS1 and had lots of fun (probably more then civ 3 on the pc) and I can't wait to see how the new one turns out

SupahBlah

Banned
If Shawn's a goon I'm surprised he hasn't looked at eve online.

During the griefing talk in Age of Conan I was doing that four years ago on eve. :lol

Unfortunately I don't know what it would be like to start now, but we used to jump people during missions even during pvp find some people/alliances fighting and jump in killing both sides. :lol

But because of it I've been spoilt, I don't want to play another MMO unless its a brutal as eve.

Great show as always.

Just an additional note, World in Conflict is still amazing.

Ok, so I have just started Conan. I also have a friend who just hit lvl 15. We want in on PeenOrange. We're on the Tyranny PVP server too. So let us know how to find PeenOrange!

Druz

Uno Ill Nino said:
Ok, so I have just started Conan. I also have a friend who just hit lvl 15. We want in on PeenOrange. We're on the Tyranny PVP server too. So let us know how to find PeenOrange!

Since rory was perma-banned here a long time ago for being funnier than the mods, he had to made a thread on the 1up board.

Akia

I read the first volume of The Walking Dead in the bookstore and I was just blown away.

So yeah, I just bought The Walking Dead Books 1, 2 and 3 on Amazon. I can't thank you guys enough for recommending it. The comic has completely derailed my reading of The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger; I'm now forcing myself to get as far as possible before the package arrives.

Flavius

Great podcast (and I do try to limit the gushing praise as I know you get enough of that as it is). From the transitions, it was apparent that you guys had put at least a bit of work into setting up something of a blueprint for the program. I thought it all came together really well, even when Old Man Green didn't catch on. :D

And while I know you were joking in making that "until they shut this place down" comment, Jeff (er, uh, perhaps half-joking?), I really hope that if/when you guys hit the door, you do so together and keep the fun going just a bit longer.

But of course, I'm talking, like, a hundred years from now!!!...or something.

Akia

GhaleonQ said:
Uh-huh. Somehow, Chris Ware is an alternative comic creator whom I don't like, but he's such a wonderful self-editor that I actually like looking at the Datebooks more than his finished work.

Should I start with Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth or his Acme Novelty Library?

Twig

Banned
Akia said:
Should I start with Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth or his Acme Novelty Library?
I read Jimmy Corrigan on Shawn's recommendation.

It's really good. I second (third, billionth, whatever) his recommendation. Though I have yet to read the Acme Novelty Library so... I can't say which one to read first.

legend166 said:
All this Conan talk makes me want to get it.

Do it. DOOO EEEET! Its my 2nd MMORPG ever (FFXI on 360 was my first) and I have to say its a blast. I was "poopsockin" it until 2AM last night myself. My buddy and I joined PeenOrange and spent the night stalking other players and shit. It was even better than the show has you imagine. We're both like level 6 and we see these lvl 12 and 13 chars running around, so we cloak, follow them, wait for them to fight something or somebody of their level, and then reward the winner with death. It was so cool.

Then we got our asses handed to us by some lvl 20 turd, but we'll remember his name and exact our revenge one day. :)

Long live PeenOrange!

LCfiner

TheOneGuy said:
I read Jimmy Corrigan on Shawn's recommendation.

It's really good. I second (third, billionth, whatever) his recommendation. Though I have yet to read the Acme Novelty Library so... I can't say which one to read first.

I have both the Acme Novelty Library Report to shareholders (enormous red hardcover) and ANL: vol 18 (smaller gray hardcover)

the report to shareholders is awesome. there's lots of variety and comics with different characters and crazy things like "the world's smallest comic" written along the thin edge of the front hardcover.

vol 18 is all about one character. a single woman with an amputated leg leading a very lonely, very depressing life in the city. it's much more somber but still very beautiful. if you're new to Ware, I would suggest the "report to shareholders" library as it's so varied.

he has others but I've found them near impossible to find easily.

and there's jimmy corigan, of course. the dust jacket on that book is a friggin work of art (it folds out 3 times and is insanely detailed on both sides.

eznark

Banned
Uno Ill Nino said:
Do it. DOOO EEEET! Its my 2nd MMORPG ever (FFXI on 360 was my first) and I have to say its a blast. I was "poopsockin" it until 2AM last night myself. My buddy and I joined PeenOrange and spent the night stalking other players and shit. It was even better than the show has you imagine. We're both like level 6 and we see these lvl 12 and 13 chars running around, so we cloak, follow them, wait for them to fight something or somebody of their level, and then reward the winner with death. It was so cool.

Then we got our asses handed to us by some lvl 20 turd, but we'll remember his name and exact our revenge one day. :)

Long live PeenOrange!

I'm in the same boat. I really want to play but I get about 2 hours a night to game, so if I start an MMO it will pretty much be at the expense of all other gaming.

Twig

Banned
eznark said:
I'm in the same boat. I really want to play but I get about 2 hours a night to game, so if I start an MMO it will pretty much be at the expense of all other gaming.
That is not such a bad thing.

Saves you money in the long run! Well, at least, for as long as you're excited about playing the game. After a few months of WoW I stopped playing it 2 hours a night and started playing it 2 hours a week. Also started buying other games again.

I foresee the same happening with AoC, eventually. BUT FOR NOW. Saves you money!

(Even though MMOs are too expensive. But that's neither here nor there.)

Archaon

Any word on if/when we're getting a show today? Also, can we expect a Mass Effect PC review on 1up at some point?

skip said:
friday bonus.

shawn.gif

Akia

Akia said:
skip do you guys get overtime hours?

that sucks we should start a skip overtime fund.

i'm willing to throw in a kit kat bar, and some m&ms (the peanut variety is fine right).

Twig

Banned
Akia said:
that sucks we should start a skip overtime fund.

i'm willing to throw in a kit kat bar, and some m&ms (the peanut variety is fine right).
I jsut found a stale potato chip under my keyboard.

...I don't even like potato chips.

Top Bottom