• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 09/10/08 - Jeff Green's Final Podcast

JoeMartin

I'm in denial.

I won't listen to this until I've come to accept the fact that our father is abandoning all his e-love children.

Shins

Banned
Linkzg said:
Jeff Green will probably be on again in the future. Luke has been on twice since his final podcast.
If you wanted to console, you should've used John as an example, not Luke. :- (

Akia

It we be easier to let Jeff's departure go if this week's podcast was bad.

But I'm 10 minutes in and the discussion is stellar. Everyone is in top form and everything. It feels like the wound that was slowly healing over the last couple days is re-opening over the course of the podcast.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Akia said:
It we be easier to let Jeff's departure go if this podcast wasn't so good.

But I'm 10 minutes in and it's freaking awesome. It's like the wound is slowly re-opening over the next 2 hours.

Imagine how I feel editing the video version... :(

Akia

lybertyboy said:
Imagine how I feel editing the video version... :(

If it makes you feel better just imagine how many fans will love you for making a video Brodeo happen.

I think I might actually stop listening to the show and watch it instead tomorrow.

lybertyboy

Akia said:
If it makes you feel better just imagine how many fans will love you for making it happen.

I think I might actually stop listening to the show and watch it instead tomorrow.

Part one starts with Jeff doing the GFW radio rap LIVE. :D

Always listened to the Brodeo, but I've never posted in a thread about it and I've never showed my appreciation before. Thanks for all the laughs you gave me, Jeff. I'm gonna miss hearing your voice through my computer speakers.

Flavius

Bittersweet.

That pretty much nails it.

I could hear the love in that room, and it was awesome.

Thanks for a great show, Jeff, Shawn, Ryan, Robert & Anthony.

dLMN8R

Can't wait to listen to this, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow. What'd they say about the games they discussed?

tyagi

I've listened to GFW Radio:
  • on the train to work
  • on a long drive to the ski slopes
  • hiking the mountains of New Zealand
  • on long-haul flights
  • at work in my cubicle
  • sitting outside in our garden with a beer

it's the only podcast which has ever caused me public embarrassment because I couldn't stop sniggering and laughing out loud.

Thanks, Jeff. Hope you come back as a guest occasionally.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
tyagi said:
  • on the train to work
  • on long-haul flights
  • at work in my cubicle

it's the only podcast which has ever caused me public embarrassment because I couldn't stop sniggering and laughing out loud.

Ha! I listened to it during surgery!

Thanks to Jeff and the crew, Skip and anyone one else who had a hand in the show for one last great Brodeo.

I look forward to next week's Ryan Radio, 97.5 The Hell Yeah.

lybertyboy

Just left the office with the 3-part video rendering out. They should go up tomorrow morning.

FartOfWar

Banned
lybertyboy said:
Just left the office with the 3-part video rendering out. They should go up tomorrow morning.

Big thanks to Big Fun for taking the initiative. If you guys like the video version you owe it all to David and co.

Aselith

The fuck? The podcast just cuts out at the end on Shawn talking about a tower in FarCry 2.

What was in the tower?!?!? I need to know!

FartOfWar

Banned
Aselith said:
The fuck? The podcast just cuts out at the end on Shawn talking about a tower in FarCry 2.

What was in the tower?!?!? I need to know!
You mustve downloaded the file before it was finished.

Aselith

It's ringing in at 127:56 according to Winamp which is the length listed on 1up. :(

Oh nope it shows the time as that long but stops about a minute earlier. Nevermind.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Again, best wishes and good luck to Jeff at EA. Hopefully EA lets you do the podcast rounds like Rod Humble in the future.

zenbot

sp0rsk said:
Ha! I listened to it during surgery!
Haha, the Brodeo was the only thing that kept me sane through my wedding weekend as it escalated from your usual "THESE MENU FRAMES ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SILVER BACKS" obsessive fault-finding by the mother in law, to both the bride, myself, and half the bridal party being so ill we had to cancel the ceremony. The whole thing could have turned into the introduction to Kill Bill had I not had the Bros for company whenever I had five minutes alone.

We love you Jeff!

(Please don't let the 'deo die, Shawn!)

fallout

JeffGreen said:
You guys are amazing. Thanks for the extremely kind send-off. Gonna miss the Brodeo...
Yeah, except YOU WON'T PRINT US. Like Ziff-Davis can even afford ink, anyway.

But seriously, I think you should try to start a podcast with Rod Humble! You could call it the SimCast! That's pretty original, right?! ... please don't leave us. :(

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
I just finished listening to this and it's so bitter sweet, I don't even have words for it.

The Brodeo, which I really do think is a better name than GFW Radio, is quite possibly the best gaming podcast on the internet and with one of the key members leaving it honestly has taken all of the wind out of my sails for the last week or so. That's overly melodramatic, I admit, but Wednesdays are always filled with mini-adventures thanks to GFW.

Robert said it best on this episode, GFW really has built up a community of guys that you feel like you could talk to or play games with. Nothing against 1UP Yours but... it doesn't ever feel like mine. GFW, however, feels like a podcast I could actually be a part of. That is the magic that people have found when they listen to it. It's because of the tangents, the factoids about real life events, and the unabashed way the guys talk about games that makes it more real. Jeff was an integral part of that and he'll be missed.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Mr. Green, you will be missed in abundance.

Salacious Crumb

Jeff this was a fantastic last brodeo. good luck on all your future endeavors, make sure you keep us updated on your daily affairs through your new blog, I'd hate to see it die.

Sadly However, the brilliance of this podcast was offset by the fucking horrible image that was burnt into my head while browsing Shawn's twitter.

DO NOT CLICK ON THE NSFW LINK! EVER! I'm not trying to be funny, it is genuinely horrible.

Broseybrose

i dont even want to listen. its like losing a friend. :(

i hope the pastures are greener on the other side, jeff. but of course, theyre always greener when the green arrives, arent they?

peace out.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Jack Scofield said:
Wow, reading this thread, you get the impression that Jeff is dying or something.

If it wasn't for his new blog, it would be almost like he was. Far too many people in this business disappear without a trace after folks have come to love and respect the things they say and write about. And, let's be honest, if you went looking for them in a non-professional manner, that would be on a level of creepy that far outstrips the 1UP "hot blogs because of tits" thing that happens every minute of every day.

Gnerd

Neo Member
tyagi said:
  • on the train to work
  • on long-haul flights
  • at work in my cubicle

I listened while pushing my daughter through the neighborhood. I am sure the out loud laughing has made the people who saw me consider me insane, as well has a bad parent for laughing while a two year old cries non stop.

Nizz

Damn, the show's up but it's like 3:25 in the morning (eastern time) and I'm posting from my PS3 :( I'll d/load the show tomorrow, but regardless.... We love ya', Jeff! Good luck again at EA. Have fun ;)

Top Bottom