• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 09/10/08 - Jeff Green's Final Podcast

subrock

oh my god, that actor you hired to play ryan looks just like the photoshopped mockup you guys made of him. did jeff have to dub the whole video over the actors real voice?

I really do hope you guys continue to podcast, Jeff's departure is definitely a swift blow but the podcast would still great with the four of you (Shawn, Ryan, Robert, and Anthony) even without an extra thrown in to help fill out the conversations. You'll still have me as a listener!

Good luck with EA Jeff, hope to hear you making guest appearances in the future.

LCfiner

what a nice episode to send Jeff off. I hope his Benevolent Masters at EA let him show up on future Brodeo (or whatever form it takes) episodes.

The fish grafting discussion was awesome. :lol

Danielsan

Such a bittersweet Brodeo. The thought that this will be the last ep with Jeff Green constantly lingered in my head, on the other hand I haven't laughed this hard because of a podcast in ages.

So many golden moments.
The grafting, the trash delivery, the old begger Jeff and the the end rap. It was so damn good.

Again many thanks to Jeff, Shawn and the rest of the Brodeo crew for brightening up my weeks with the awesome podcast.

Mindlog

Mad Men on DVD. Yes it is an excellent series imo. The last episode's ending was great. That series more than most seems to have a high... ratio for brief scenes that carry a lot of weight. AMC has come out of nowhere with two of my favorite shows - Mad Men and Breaking Bad.

:lol That was some great beat box. It'll be a damned shame the album never got done.

It's been a blast listening to the Brodeo. A ton of entertainment for free. I'll be eagerly awaiting for the next iteration of the show. Here's to continued success for all parties involved.

Akia

This episode was a perfect send off. A very bittersweet end to the original Brodeo.

I'm looking forward to how you guys change things up in the future.

exfixate

Borgnine said:
Watching the video podcast is just... weird.

If by weird you mean completely awesome, then yes, you're right.

Really cool of you guys to do that for the farewell episode (I won't say final, in hoping he'll still be able to come back every now and then) for Jeff. What a great podcast to go out on, too -- every discussion was excellent. Being able to actually watch all of you talk about this stuff offered an insight into the true enthusiasm you all have for doing it. I really hope you guys (Shawn, Ryan, Anthony, and Robert) either keep doing GFW Radio, or in whatever way still podcast, but damn will it be sad at first without Jeff. And why does Robert Ashley only freelance for Ziff? The episodes he's been on are some of the best ones, and he really contributes a lot to the podcast -- both about games and when you guys go off on other topics. Give the man a permanent job! Unless, of course, he is unable to for whatever reason.

Anyway, another thanks to Jeff for doing all the work you've done at Ziff over the long, probably arduous length of seventeen years -- I'm sure a good sector of PC gamers highly appreciate it, too. It was really sad to hear the closing of the magazine and the adjustment to becoming a 'web editor' were detrimental factors that contributed to your decision to leave, as it was something that shouldn't have happened. Like I said elsewhere, I wasn't -- and still am not -- primarily a PC gamer, and I gradually became to enjoy the magazine and podcast from you guys more than I do the console side (EGM, 1UP Yours). And it sounds like you had that impact for a great deal of other people, as well, which just makes this situation even worse. I'm also a little worried, from some passing comments in this podcast, that there's a presumption on your part that everyone on the PC side of 1UP's jobs are in jeopardy. For example, saying there was pressure for more hits on the PC portal, or door, of the site. Also, that they're not scrambling to find someone to fill your void, and that you're 'getting out at the right time'. Is there concern amongst you guys about the longevity of your jobs? It would be fucking horrible to suddenly have all of you permanently gone, so I really hope these are just internal thoughts and not based off some sort of actual evidence.

JoeMartin

fallout said:
The archives are full of excellent stuff.

Definitely. I often just go back and listen to older Brodeo's at random while gaming. They're just as funny and it's interesting to hear how perspectives have shifted over time on certain games.

DustoMan

Banned
Wow... I have never seen Robert and Anthony before. They are not how I pictured them in my head. Still cool to watch the Brodeo. :D

Nizz

FartOfWar said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol Best thing is Queen being played in the background (with a kazoo?)

Houston3000 said:
I really do hope you guys continue to podcast, Jeff's departure is definitely a swift blow but the podcast would still great with the four of you (Shawn, Ryan, Robert, and Anthony) even without an extra thrown in to help fill out the conversations. You'll still have me as a listener!

Good luck with EA Jeff, hope to hear you making guest appearances in the future.
I agree 100% with this post...

I feel back for taking this away from all the Green lovin'.

Sean is talking about Far Cry 2 preview code, so is the Ziff-Ubi feud over is it?

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Joshua Hull said:

Sean is talking about Far Cry 2 preview code, so is the Ziff-Ubi feud over is it?

That's what I was wondering... unless Far Cry 2 isn't a Ubi product?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Joshua Hull said:

Now that Shoe and Crispin have been assassinated... i mean left... Ubi is cool with Ziff.

LiK

Great show. I'll miss Jeff's intros for all future shows. i would've liked if Shawn asked Jeff more listener questions. kinda weird that they jumped into the Demigod discussion during the questions segment. ah well.

anyways, i wasn't able to find one of the candies i wanted them to try out so i missed out on Jeff's potential reaction to it since i havent' sent them yet. doh.

Dirtbag

When I heard that all I could think of was this

2213416691_93ca7225dd.jpg

How badass is that?!
I want my tombstone to be that dramatic.

LiK

JCtheMC said:
Haven't listened yet, but the prospect of no more Jeff makes me sad.

wait til you hear the last 30 seconds. fuckin bittersweet ending. i hate you Skip for that genius editing... ;_;

FartOfWar

Banned
To those who post week in and week out, those who've listened all along but only dropped in to say so now and then, those who've dropped in and recently decided to try us -- our thanks. You guys and few gals are great.

LiK

FartOfWar said:
To those who post week in and week out, those who've listened all along but only dropped in to say so now and then, those who've dropped in and recently decided to try us -- our thanks. You guys and few gals are great.

wait a min, you better have another podcast next week!

btw, you're welcome :)

PowderedToast

Honestly, if you guys don't want to do any more then it's understandable. The worst scenario would be something that's been done due to demand or whathaveyou. If it doesn't feel right then it's no big deal.

FartOfWar

Banned
McBacon said:
Are you gonna do one next week Shawn, or do you think you'll take some time off for a while.

We're doing the final GFW next week. After that, you're gonna have to wait and see what happens.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
FartOfWar said:
You rock man, full support from the german front. Whatever you're going to do in the future, I'm confident you'll deliver the goods as usual.

Top Bottom