• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GFW Radio (97.5 The Brodeo) - 09/10/08 - Jeff Green's Final Podcast

Mindlog

Oh yeah. I just remembered it was an odd coincidence, but I listened to this week's Brodeo not a day after having watched Taboo's 'Gross Food' episode featuring an extended segment of the various types of penis based delicacies served around the world. Good show.

andycapps

FartOfWar said:
We're doing the final GFW next week. After that, you're gonna have to wait and see what happens.

I laughed really hard at work regarding the "putting balls in the kangaroo balls" part. And yes, this was a bittersweet episode for me and the other listeners. Can't imagine what it would be like for Jeff having worked there almost two decades and you guys that worked with him so long. Best of luck to him and the remaining members of the Brodeo.

LiK

FartOfWar said:
We're doing the final GFW next week. After that, you're gonna have to wait and see what happens.

oh shit, it's like the end of EGM Live after Hsu and Crispin left. anyways Shawn, whatever you have up your sleeve, i'm all there. can't wait to see the next iteration of GFW.

Archaon

FartOfWar said:
Please no D:

Or maybe you mean a name change? Because that would make sense to me, but the crew definitely needs to stick together in some form.

After learning about fish grafting, I'm hoping these murmurs of change point towards a new nature-focused podcast.

In the wild, lactation is not a fetish. It is the norm.

Doel

Great podcast, opted for the video version.

Surprised to see some multi-camera editing going on there. Have you guys done that before?

sutom

Don't post much, but just wanted to say - thanks to Jeff and the whole Brodeo crew for making me laugh so much and producing such brilliant podcasts every week. It's been my favourite since I first started listening, and I'm sad to see Jeff move on but I can't wait to see what's coming next.

Good luck with the new job Jeff!

Calcaneus

The video podcast was actually pretty cool, now I have that goddamn GFW Radio rap stuck in my head.

Keep on the good times, Jeff. Good luck.

FartOfWar said:
Shit. It wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the fact that the last couple of episodes have been so so good. You guys fucking nailed it. I honestly look forward to whatever you decide to do next.

Have fun Jeff and thanks!

Shearie

I was talking on the phone to a manager of a store that I applied to today to set up an interview for monday. She had absoulutely horrible cell phone reception and I probably asked her 20 times "what did you say?" during a 3 minute phone conversation. She made some unintelligible joke about how bad her cell phone reception was and I had to fight an urge within me to not say that she sounded like she was talking to me in a tunnel full of dicks.

FartOfWar said:
To those who post week in and week out, those who've listened all along but only dropped in to say so now and then, those who've dropped in and recently decided to try us -- our thanks. You guys and few gals are great.
This is intense.

border

I wasn't sure I would find the time to watch the entire 2 hours of video.....but I'm glad that I did. My only disappointment was that Sean and Darren couldn't be there, but otherwise it was excellent.

Strange to think that there is only 1 GFW Radio left.....ever. I hope they are cooking up some kind of interesting follow-up.

Mr.City

FartOfWar said:

Will the podcast be reincarnated into some other form? At least, say you'll be on appear on the podcasts more often. Your analysis of games are always interesting to hear.

Reave

If there's no GFW related podcast, I'd love to see Shawn Elliot go back onto 1up Yours. Hell, bring in Robert and there's a super show right there. Merger?

voltron

FartOfWar said:

Fuck man. I know it has nothing to do with me, but I seriously dont understand why you dont think you can carry on. The Brodeo is about talking shit, having a few laughs and talking about a few games. Yeah it will sick without Jeff but its not like you guys cant keep going the way you always have.

I get the impression you must be kinda over podcasting every week? Honestly youre not gonna lose listeners. I remember you cited the reaction that 1upyours got when Luke left. Yeah a few douche bags cried about it online but the show it still as strong as ever. Just look at the PAX turnout.

I dunno, I just dont see any reason why you should stop (or that anyone would stop listening).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
voltron said:
Fuck man. I know it has nothing to do with me, but I seriously dont understand why you dont think you can carry on. The Brodeo is about talking shit, having a few laughs and talking about a few games. Yeah it will sick without Jeff but its not like you guys cant keep going the way you always have.

I get the impression you must be kinda over podcasting every week? Honestly youre not gonna lose listeners. I remember you cited the reaction that 1upyours got when Luke left. Yeah a few douche bags cried about it online but the show it still as strong as ever. Just look at the PAX turnout.

I dunno, I just dont see any reason why you should stop (or that anyone would stop listening).

They could be doing an EGM Live-like relaunch. With Darren, Sean and now Jeff gone, it really isn't GFW that much anyway so now might be the best time... and maybe it'll mean more wackiness like that Dealers of Cool survey podcast that came out during the summer.

Or maybe Ryan will finally get his "Mark Millar Sucks" podcast.

Flavius

voltron said:

o5ds95.jpg

StuBurns

Banned
Are we going to get more FarCry2 talk next week? There's very little coverage, and the release is really soon. There's been virtually nothing on the console versions. I'm keen to see how it translates, the PC version is visually pretty stunning. I'm surprised you guys have early code, Ubisoft have forgiven and forgotten?

Oh god, I just started watching the video version. The beginning rap part is so unbeleivably awesome, I can't believe there aren't any gifs of it yet!

Absolutely fantastic Spore discussion.

GFW Radio is soon to be no more, I want to thank everyone who has contributed to the show over the last few years. None more so than Jeff.

You will be sorely missed, I can't begin to explain how much I respect you as a pillar in the gaming business. I wish you well in your new endeavour.

Please don't be a stranger, there will always be an eager ear waiting...

Dark_Dragon-1.jpg

Dartastic

Nice Palin crack, Shawn. I heard a good one the other day at the 16th and Mission BART stop. There was a circle of a bunch of drunk dudes just rambling, and one says, "You know what I think of Sarah Palin? UuuUuuuuuhhhHhhhhhh.... (Mimicks orgasm sound) Oh... Oh SHIT! I hope that didn't count as 4,000,000 votes!"

Top Bottom