• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Guild Wars 2 |OT3| Two Week Updates, One Box, Zero Subscriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with Colin:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/colin-johanson-talks-dungeons-dragons-and-chairs

On chairs:

Chairs are poorly done. He mentions it's not something they're working on. In the grand scheme of things chairs he is definitely right, chairs are probably the very last thing most of the playerbase cares about, but I would probably care a great deal if I were into RP. I question why Arenanet decided to even put chairs in the game if they weren't going to do it right, and especially if they aren't going to go back and fix it. Go sit in a chair if you've never done it before.

Everyone has things that bug them.. but chairs are so miniscule I couldn't begin to care about them, even in the RP sense. Roleplayers come from a background where they wrote characters down on a piece of paper and imagined everything. Having a character sit oddly on a chair is the very definition of First World problems for an RPer.

Don't need to have an account to see it, but look at these expectations. I've been seeing expectations similar to this in many places but it's a fractal, not a full-blown dungeon they're putting in for us.

Sorry you feel so strongly about this. I feel that Kiel isn't as bad as Trahearne so I haven't really thought about it. Different people're after different things... it's life.

In that light, how many people are moving to Canada quitting the game(?) if Kiel wins? Remember the last U.S. election?

While expectations are fairly high I think knowing the story of the Fall of Abbadon is a huge element of story for the world. There's plenty of time and opportunity to flesh out the current (and relatively current) world but I feel like in order to really get the players involved in the world, the fleshing out of the history is even more important.

Kiel is easily just as bad as Treahearne imo because she really hasn't done jack shit but ask us to fix everything. Hell Treahearne actually fought beside us occasionally. Kiel's pretty much just sat posted on the beach and talked threatening to other NPC's.

Weirdly enough that's sorta why I'm voting for Kiel. Evon'll be too easy and obvious to write for. Kiel has the potential for more a more interesting story overall, especially if Evon works against her. Besides, she's not totally goody-goody. She did
make sure the contracts were blown up at the end of Southsun

No need to spoiler that since the storyline is done and can't be replayed. I really don't feel like Kiel will be all that interesting. Either her character is played straight (and thus more of what we've seen of her thus far) or she makes a "heel" turn which wouldn't be all that interesting either. I mean, maybe there's something that can split the difference in an intriguing way, I just don't really see it. Also destroying those contracts was the definitely good goody.

See? This is stupid. Reason people are voting for either side are the rewards they bring, not the characters themselves. So why go this route in the first place? No one would give two shits about Evon if he didn't have the better sounding fractal, although for all we know thumanova could be superior.

Anecdotal but I planned to vote for Evon even before hearing about the fractals. Kiel just isn't a very interesting character archetype. She's ripe for being taken advantage of by her superiors but that's just not interesting to me. Evon clawing (no pun intended) his way to the top of trade makes him much more interesting to me.

Cels

Everyone has things that bug them.. but chairs are so miniscule I couldn't begin to care about them, even in the RP sense. Roleplayers come from a background where they wrote characters down on a piece of paper and imagined everything. Having a character sit oddly on a chair is the very definition of First World problems for an RPer.

yeah i sat in a chair once, saw that it sucked, and i never gave it a second thought until i read this interview.

meanwhile something that actually matters, charr armor, is not going to get fixed. really insulting.

nataku

yeah i sat in a chair once, saw that it sucked, and i never gave it a second thought until i read this interview.

meanwhile something that actually matters, charr armor, is not going to get fixed. really insulting.

The Charr armor response was really depressing. It's hard to believe they're not even going to try and do something about it.

Cels

The Charr armor response was really depressing. It's hard to believe they're not even going to try and do something about it.

the interviewer didn't really frame the question right i feel. i mean we don't have the exact question, but it seems like he used the phrase "race-specific" armor which was just the wrong way to describe the situation. that phrase makes it seem like charr players want some special treatment when charr players really want some minimal level of attention because their characters are physically different.

right now it's obvious that the artists model the armor for some other race, probably human. most armor looks really good on humans! the artists do a good job there in general. the problem is that then they just put the same armor on a charr with nearly zero attention to how charr bodies are different, in both proportion and unique features, i.e. mane/horns/tails. obviously it's more work, no one denies that, but why would you add a race to the game that is so physically different when you're not going to do the work to make armor look good on that race?

the interviewer didn't really frame the question right i feel. i mean we don't have the exact question, but it seems like he used the phrase "race-specific" armor which was just the wrong way to describe the situation. that phrase makes it seem like charr players want some special treatment when charr players really want some minimal level of attention because their characters are physically different.

right now it's obvious that the artists model the armor for some other race, probably human. most armor looks really good on humans! the artists do a good job there in general. the problem is that then they just put the same armor on a charr with nearly zero attention to how charr bodies are different, in both proportion and unique features, i.e. mane/horns/tails. obviously it's more work, no one denies that, but why would you add a race to the game that is so physically different when you're not going to do the work to make armor look good on that race?

Well they didn't add them to the game so much as they made them playable in GW2 whereas they were just NPC's in the last one.

Cels

Well they didn't add them to the game so much as they made them playable in GW2 whereas they were just NPC's in the last one.

yeah i know. in the process of making the race playable maybe they could have paid a tiny bit of attention to how armor looks on them.

Well it's official after two good nights with the gamepad I'm never using Kb/m again!

I feel so much more in control like I'm playing an action game and controlling my character directly vs pointing them and choosing skills to watch animate.

That's the best way I can describe it.

It's so fast and fluid it feels like cheat mode.

Ps. I still can't get the cursor to auto center! I tried a few things like disabling UAC and running it in different compatibly modes. Nothing worked. I hope they fix it soon. (Win 8)

Levyne

Banned
Played some Aspect Arena today. The sun aspect seemed pretty op to me. Well, at least it was the easiest to score crystals with and tag crystal holders with...

Survival will probably have to wait until Monday.....gotta drive back home and get back to work.

Why are you exaggerating?

There has still a lot of armors that look good on Charr. Why are you talking about it like everything on them looks like crap? A big amount of effort went into making them and making them playable.

Also, it's been like this in every MMO, that the strange races got less visible armors. I really don't want them to make a lot less armor just so it can look more perfect on a Charr. Sorry. I just think thats part of being a more unique looking race with a different exoskeleton!

The most played races get the most love, Norn, Human and Sylvari, and they all share the same base and animations.
Sylvari?

The problem isn't about "most played races", the problem is that EVERYTHING is made for Humans by default unless it's culture armor. That's why tons of outfits don't have gender changes on Charr and Asura.

The Norn get by because they're basically big humans but most armor still doesn't LOOK like it fits the Norn image to me. Sylvari though? Nooope, unless it's plaint armor it just looks bad to me on a Sylvari. And that sucks because there's only 4 sets of armor that look "right" on any class of Sylvari. MAYBE if you mix in some other armor with the plaint armor you can get some cool looks ... but I have yet to see that done well and I have yet to try it.

In most cases if you're gonna dress up your Sylvari in anything but plaint armor you're better off just having a human imo. But they're in that strange zone ... too far away from humans to just look right in their outfits but too close to them in image to make it outrageous.

There has still a lot of armors that look good on Charr. Why are you talking about it like everything on them looks like crap? A big amount of effort went into making them and making them playable.
Yeah, gotta agree some here. Charr do have less armor sets that look really good on them, with helms and pants being the worst offenders, but there are options out there and you can have some really nice results if you put effort into it. I'll admit, it's not as easy to put together sets compared to more traditionally shaped races, but it's not THAT bad. Most of the time, my issue is that the ears/horns clip through your helmet or are removed entirely (a la beardgate).

For example, my warrior's defensive set.
mornkor3.jpg
monkor2.jpg

Cels

Also, it's been like this in every MMO, that the strange races got less visible armors. I really don't want them to make a lot less armor just so it can look more perfect on a Charr. Sorry. I just think thats part of being a more unique looking race with a different exoskeleton!

just because it's been this way in every MMO doesn't mean that's the way it should be. especially so when gw2 emphasizes cosmetics as a big part of the endgame and in the store. if a game is going to have five playable races then there shouldn't be a race where all of the armor looks really good on them, and then a race where most of the armor has severe issues with features unique to that race. every race should have armor that looks good on them, and not just their racial armor. why would you penalize a player for playing an already less popular race?

it's true that a lot of effort went into designing the armor in the first place. no one is arguing that. but you can't seriously think that a lot of effort went into tailoring armor specifically for charr. arenanet admit that they are taking a one-size-fits-all approach, and all the evidence backs that up, with the way armor treats horns/manes/tails. i'm not exaggerating that at all.

this problem even exists on the radiant helm, which is the rarest helm in the game because it requires a lot of dedication: 10,000 achievement points, which very few people have. guess what? most charr will never wear it because it hides your horns and your mane and looks terrible. it's supposed to be a reward for being a dedicated player, but not if you happen to play a charr, i guess.

this problem occurs even on armor that was ostensibly designed specifically for charr. on charr t3 light armor the tail clips through unnaturally. t1 and t2 have no such problems with the tail because they have a dedicated tail slot, but for some reason t3 is lacking in this department. that's why it's so rare to see a charr player wearing t3 light legs.

Yeah, gotta agree some here. Charr do have less armor sets that look really good on them, with helms and pants being the worst offenders, but there are options out there and you can have some really nice results if you put effort into it. I'll admit, it's not as easy to put together sets compared to more traditionally shaped races, but it's not THAT bad. Most of the time, my issue is that the ears/horns clip through your helmet or are removed entirely (a la beardgate).

For example, my warrior's defensive set..

it's definitely true there are some really great-looking armor out there for charr. but therein lies the problem: charr have a lot less selection in good-looking armor. you have to go hunt for a helm that was designed with horns in mind. you have to go hunt for leg armor that was designed by an artist who realizes that charr have tails.

there are just some armors that aren't real options for charr because of the horn/tail issue. i mean your pants are t2 racial, which isn't really good evidence for there being a good selection of armor for charr. it tends to show how narrow the selection is.

xeris

Anecdotal but I planned to vote for Evon even before hearing about the fractals. Kiel just isn't a very interesting character archetype. She's ripe for being taken advantage of by her superiors but that's just not interesting to me. Evon clawing (no pun intended) his way to the top of trade makes him much more interesting to me.

To me Evon is less interesting because that sort of story has been done elsewhere before and I don't see anything that makes me think they'll do anything new or particularly interesting with him. Kiel is a blank slate and could go several different directions. She could go power mad or get taken advantage of by her superiors. But would she still see them as superiors at that point and how far would they push her? Meanwhile, not just Evon but the forces behind Flame and Frost (if they're not the same) are still out there. How will she react? She's probably the most boring of the two right now, but I think she has the most potential for character growth. I have a hard time seeing that for Evon.

Katoki

That's a good point you bring there with the character types. We know the type of character Evon Gnashblade is so there is no deviation from his attitudes and beliefs. They can do what they want with Kiel since all we really know right now is that she lost her parents and was taken in by Magnus. I believe that the people looking at Kiel like she'll only go in one direction are doing the same thing we are with Gnashblade, though his character type is much more defined.

I don't understand what the problem with charr armor is. So far all armor I've found for my charr was perfectly functional. I believe the question in the interview referred to cultural armor; you know, that armor we have three tiers per armor type now (and it feels like plenty for me).

Charr armor looks the same on males and females because charr males and females LOOK THE SAME. Sure, females are smaller, less bulky, and have different faces, but their body types are otherwise prrtty much the same. Hell, charr and asura get MORE attention than the other three races; they often have custom armor models, while the other three races often share the same model. Sure, they're different by gender, but look at this:
Model 1: Human male, Norn male, Sylvari male.
Model 2: Human female, Norn female, Sylvari female.
Model 3: Charr male, Charr female.
Model 4: Asura male, Asura female.
Models 3 and 4 are the ones that are the least reused. I could get behind asura sometimes having quite simplified armor (although their tiny body types don't have a lot of space for much more), but charr? I dunno, at this point it feels to me like this is reaching "official forums" level of complaining. Am I missing something?

just because it's been this way in every MMO doesn't mean that's the way it should be. especially so when gw2 emphasizes cosmetics as a big part of the endgame and in the store. if a game is going to have five playable races then there shouldn't be a race where all of the armor looks really good on them, and then a race where most of the armor has severe issues with features unique to that race. every race should have armor that looks good on them, and not just their racial armor. why would you penalize a player for playing an already less popular race?

it's true that a lot of effort went into designing the armor in the first place. no one is arguing that. but you can't seriously think that a lot of effort went into tailoring armor specifically for charr. arenanet admit that they are taking a one-size-fits-all approach, and all the evidence backs that up, with the way armor treats horns/manes/tails. i'm not exaggerating that at all.

this problem even exists on the radiant helm, which is the rarest helm in the game because it requires a lot of dedication: 10,000 achievement points, which very few people have. guess what? most charr will never wear it because it hides your horns and your mane and looks terrible. it's supposed to be a reward for being a dedicated player, but not if you happen to play a charr, i guess.

this problem occurs even on armor that was ostensibly designed specifically for charr. on charr t3 light armor the tail clips through unnaturally. t1 and t2 have no such problems with the tail because they have a dedicated tail slot, but for some reason t3 is lacking in this department. that's why it's so rare to see a charr player wearing t3 light legs.

it's definitely true there are some really great-looking armor out there for charr. but therein lies the problem: charr have a lot less selection in good-looking armor. you have to go hunt for a helm that was designed with horns in mind. you have to go hunt for leg armor that was designed by an artist who realizes that charr have tails.

there are just some armors that aren't real options for charr because of the horn/tail issue. i mean your pants are t2 racial, which isn't really good evidence for there being a good selection of armor for charr. it tends to show how narrow the selection is.

But lots of groups of players feel that. If you browse through the forums, you will see tons of threads from people who say funny stuff like "all medium armor is ugly and they only duplicated trenchcoats".

I disagree that one-size-fits-all-approach. If you look at the new armors, light armor looks insane on females but boring acolyte-like on males. That basically is two different armor models they made there. You can't possible say that they are shoehorning everything down there.

I have been used to this from prior games I have played, so maybe this is why I am not upset about it that much. I personally feel that Charrs unique looks, animations and their whole vibe makes up for it. I am not an educated animator, but I think I have a decent assestment on what goes into making these models, and I think they have done a hell of a job.

I am a very picky barbie-dress-up-doll-type. There are less than 10 armors in the entire game I think looks good enough to equip on my characters. so maybe that is just also my viewpoint that most people have it bad. with that, said I also think some armors look like the best armors I have ever seen in a MMO. Particularly some of the more down-toned armors, which is a farcry of the stupidity of TERA, and WoW and Aion. GRRRRR.

take a look at this one:

http://imgur.com/a/fGUOd#0

http://imgur.com/a/oSSrx

Medium Armor looks better on them than some other races, but light armor looks bad on Charr. Their models are not well suited for dresses with their hind legs.

charr-light-craft-acolyte-female.jpg

image669.png

Also obligatory fairy charr light armor .jpeg

Cels

I don't understand what the problem with charr armor is. So far all armor I've found for my charr was perfectly functional. I believe the question in the interview referred to cultural armor; you know, that armor we have three tiers per armor type now (and it feels like plenty for me).

Charr armor looks the same on males and females because charr males and females LOOK THE SAME. Sure, females are smaller, less bulky, and have different faces, but their body types are otherwise prrtty much the same. Hell, charr and asura get MORE attention than the other three races; they often have custom armor models, while the other three races often share the same model. Sure, they're different by gender, but look at this:
Model 1: Human male, Norn male, Sylvari male.
Model 2: Human female, Norn female, Sylvari female.
Model 3: Charr male, Charr female.
Model 4: Asura male, Asura female.
Models 3 and 4 are the ones that are the least reused. I could get behind asura sometimes having quite simplified armor (although their tiny body types don't have a lot of space for much more), but charr? I dunno, at this point it feels to me like this is reaching "official forums" level of complaining. Am I missing something?

i don't understand this. is this supposed to be addressing what i said earlier? i'm talking about how a lot of armor in the game fails to account for the fact that charr have horns, tails, and manes. i didn't say one thing about male and female charr armor being too similar.

i've already said that i felt the question in the interview didn't really address the issue properly. charr players aren't asking for race-specific armor, because that doesn't fix the issue at all. adding another couple sets of racial armor doesn't fix the armor in the game that tails clip through or that shears your horns.

But lots of groups of players feel that. If you browse through the forums, you will see tons of threads from people who say funny stuff like "all medium armor is ugly and they only duplicated trenchcoats".

that's a different issue entirely. if a player feels that there are too many trenchcoats and not enough other options that's simply a style or taste issue, rather than a lack of effort or attention to detail. those players may dislike trenchcoats but there's no denying that the trenchcoats that are in the game clearly had a lot of effort put into them (maybe not for charr)

what charr players want is the appropriate attention to detail to account for horns/manes/tails, not some radically different design paradigm (which is what those medium armor people seem to want)

I disagree that one-size-fits-all-approach. If you look at the new armors, light armor looks insane on females but boring acolyte-like on males. That basically is two different armor models they made there. You can't possible say that they are shoehorning everything down there.

i don't think you understand what i mean when i say one-size-fits-all. i'm not ignoring the fact that female armor is different from male armor. in that sense it's not one-size-fits-all. i'm also not ignoring the fact that charr skeletons are different from human skeletons, so there is work being done to get the armor onto a charr body in the first place.

i'm using one-size-fits-all to mean that arenanet is not taking into account special differences between charr and other races when they're making armor. they are cutting off horns and manes and allowing tales to clip through armor instead of giving armor a tail slot or helms holes for horns to come through.

you can disagreee, but that's even what the game director said the art team is doing with respect to armor. he calls them one-size-fits-all armors and he says that most of the new clothing and armor the art team is working on won't account for charr horns.

this is what i'm talking about:
no helm said:
helm said:
radiant helm said:

this is the rarest helm in the game because only people with 9,000 achievement points can obtain it. (i said 10k above, i was incorrect, it's 9k)
am i supposed to be looking forward to wearing this helm? it looks awful because it leaves a great deal of the nape exposed when the mane should be there, and just ignores horns completely. the dragonscale helm i have there in the second shot removes the mane too, but that's not a problem because it covers the whole area up instead of exposing it.

Medium Armor looks better on them than some other races,

it's funny that you mention medium armor looking good on charr. there are definitely some great looks in every armor weight for charr, including medium. however, i happen to think medium armor, because there are so many trenchcoats, can often look bad on charr, because of the tail clipping through the more billowy trenchcoats. in an isolated screenshot it's completely fine, and especially since most screenshots show the fronts of characters, not the backs.

but, when you actually play you're looking at the back of your character 95% of the time. you can't help but notice your tail will be sticking through your armor in different places as it animates. it's really distracting to me, but isn't a problem on the medium cultural armor because there are custom tail flaps and/or skirt cut-outs on all three sets. on almost every other armor, the tail just clips through at varying levels. oddly enough CoE medium armor actually deals with charr tails pretty well.

Anno

Threw 45g into keys, ended up with enough stuff to buy two aether skins and made about 10g back on minis and dyes. Wonder what I should buy. Pistol and dagger seem to have the best chance of becoming valuable in the future.

Proven

A bit of hyperbole, but the difference between Charr male and female is about the same as the difference between a human male and female in this game. I even have an easier time picking out male and female Charr as long as they're not wearing heavy armor. The only reason I'd prefer Charr male and female armor to be more similar than human male and female armor is because the Charr themselves would prefer it that way in a lot of cases. The lighter the armor, the more differentiation.

Seriously, if there can be an uproar over Beardgate, there's no reason why there couldn't be more consideration for horns and tails.

Sorian

Banned
Played some Aspect Arena today. The sun aspect seemed pretty op to me. Well, at least it was the easiest to score crystals with and tag crystal holders with...

Survival will probably have to wait until Monday.....gotta drive back home and get back to work.

Join the big leagues and play AA with the wind aspect. An immunity/speed boost and a knockback to pop people off the map? Easy wins, all day.

Levyne

Banned
TBH I never liked the Charr aesthetic at all. Trying to be sympathetic to the armor plight but it's hard.

Join the big leagues and play AA with the wind aspect. An immunity/speed boost and a knockback to pop people off the map? Easy wins, all day.

I never used wind once, haha, just Sun and Lightning.

Complistic

Most heavy armors look just fine. However the charr medium and light designs are pretty poor.

Basically if you're making a charr, make him a warrior or guardian and you'll be fine. Anything else and you can make a good looking character but it'll be difficult.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Got my workout done early (for me) today, gave some people some of my blood, got a couple errands done and now it's pouring outside... time for a gaming saturday awww yeah.

BTW Kanik, I just finally ordered the recumbent bike you have site to store. Soon no more lazy gaming

hmmm GW2 checklist today:
-Try Aspect Arena
-Bunch of progress toward monthly
-Finally get my mesmer a decent backpiece from Dwayna and throw the Desert Rose skin on it
-2 non-COF dungeon runs

Trey

Got my workout done early (for me) today, gave some people some of my blood, got a couple errands done and now it's pouring outside... time for a gaming saturday awww yeah.

BTW Kanik, I just finally ordered the recumbent bike you have site to store. Soon no more lazy gaming

hmmm GW2 checklist today:
-Try Aspect Arena
-Bunch of progress toward monthly
-Finally get my mesmer a decent backpiece from Dwayna and through the Desert Rose skin on it
-2 non-COF dungeon runs

Just got a Dwayna back, throw some Ds on it!

nataku

Most heavy armors look just fine. However the charr medium and light designs are pretty poor.

Basically if you're making a charr, make him a warrior or guardian and you'll be fine. Anything else and you can make a good looking character but it'll be difficult.

The body generally looks fine, sure, but it's mostly the fact that horns and manes disappear on the head that makes the head look so poor, even for heavy armor. This is common, on both medium and heavy. Light armor isn't as bad with the exposed neck, but has more horns that disappear.

http://argos-soft.net/GW2ArmorGallery/index.php?sex=0&race=1&color=10&weight=3

And then these sad creatures.

If ANet couldn't bother to properly model armor for all races, no matter their unique features, they should have never made those races playable in the first place. We should all just be Humans like GW1.

Jira

Some interesting info from the Chinese website in regards to GW2:

Copies Sold: 3 Million Copies Sold. (3 mil copies was from Jan, they're quickly approaching 4 mil now).

Weekly Active Users: 2.5 Million Active Users per week. (so with 4 mil coming up they're retaining over 50% of the playerbase 1 year after launch. If you also figure other players come in throughout the month and become active that number goes even higher and potentially over 3 million which is just insane.)

Rating by Game Authority IGN (luls): 9/10

Average total hours played per day: 508,428 total hours per day.

Daily Page Views of Official US GW2 Website: 3 Million Page Views/Day.

About 3.5 Million hours played per week between 2.5 million active users per week... GW2 is played about an 84 minutes/1 hr 24 min per week for the average user, or about 12 minutes per day.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I'm nearing the end of my levelling. Low seventies. I've started clearing all the activities in the first few areas I've been to and the areas I play in the most. The story for my character seems to be coming to an end too, I've kept pace with it level-wise but it feels like it's coming to a close.

From what I can tell, I've barely scratched the surface of the game. :D

Levyne

Banned
The 2.5 million active per week is huge. Game is dead.

Being serious, that seems exceedingly healthy and signicantly higher than some doubters would have thought. Unless there's some nuance in the framing that makes the number inflated...

Jira

Surprised it's only 3 million(only lulz). I figured it would be close to 5 if not more with how populated the servers still are.

The 3 million is from the January sales numbers. It's been 5 months since then and considering a retention rate of 80% isn't something any game has done, the more likely outcome is that they're in the 4-5 million sales range now and have 2.5 million weekly players putting them more around the lines of 55-60% retention which is the more likely case. So no matter which way you look at it, it's a good thing cause the games is selling insanely well.

It's also interesting to note that GW1 is the 10th highest selling PC game of all time at 7 million sales over 8 years. GW2 hit 3 million sales in January (5 months after launch) and it has now been another 6 months. So you can assume with a near 100% certainty that they have met or surpassed 3.5 million sales. So in less than a years time GW2 has hit the halfway mark of GW1's sales totaling 8 years, 1 base game, 2 campaigns, and an expansion in more markets than GW2 is currently released in. Once GW2 is out in China and Korea, it is going to explode even more than it already has. Throw in the fact that they're probably over 4 mil and getting closer to 5 million is staggering to think about for less than a year after release.

Ashodin

The 3 million is from the January sales numbers. It's been 5 months since then and considering a retention rate of 80% isn't something any game has done, the more likely outcome is that they're in the 4-5 million sales range now and have 2.5 million weekly players putting them more around the lines of 55-60% retention which is the more likely case. So no matter which way you look at it, it's a good thing cause the games is selling insanely well.

It's also interesting to note that GW1 is the 10th highest selling PC game of all time at 7 million sales over 8 years. GW2 hit 3 million sales in January (5 months after launch) and it has now been another 6 months. So you can assume with a near 100% certainty that they have met or surpassed 3.5 million sales. So in less than a years time GW2 has hit the halfway mark of GW1's sales totaling 8 years, 1 base game, 2 campaigns, and an expansion in more markets than GW2 is currently released in. Once GW2 is out in China and Korea, it is going to explode even more than it already has. Throw in the fact that they're probably over 4 mil and getting closer to 5 million is staggering to think about for less than a year after release.

A lot of that success they can owe to the fact that the MMO market is a LOT larger than it once was, as well as the rabid fanbase that plays the game (present company included).

TrounceX

Hey, you guys want to see what it's like being in one of the best Tier 1 WvW guilds?

wdV05fI.png

There ya go.

I'm seriously considering whether I should just transfer back to SBI after that little exchange. I run with these guys every night for months, and that is the extent of my built up equity? I'm done. Some people take this game way too seriously...

nataku

Happens with any top guild, in any MMO, PvE or PvP. You either accept it or move on to a guild that isn't like that.

It's the entire reason I stayed out of hardcore PvE raiding. People that treat games like a job are not people I want to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom