• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gust announces Yoru no Nai Kuni for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita (website opened)

So if this is multiplat from the start does that mean no Plus version later on? Or a rerelease on just one platform? I can't imagine them doing it on all three.

Madchad

Read it as ni no kuni myself >_>

Will keep an eye on this.

im sure there was some news about Ni No kuni 2 being revealed at this years E3 recently so can keep hopes up for that as well.

Bleep

So you've never played the game then.

GUST GAMES ARE LEWD BECAUSE I SAID SO!

Haha, I have no problem if you enjoy this kind of thing, it's just not for me. I really enjoy a lot of the mechanics in Japanese game design, but I find it depressing when the treatment and design of the characters push me away from them. I'm sure the game will have in depth lore as to why the character is walking around outside in a bikini bottom and a floating strip of cloth. ;)

Haha, I have no problem if you enjoy this kind of thing, it's just not for me. I really enjoy a lot of the mechanics in Japanese game design, but I find it depressing when the treatment and design of the characters push me away from them. I'm sure the game will have in depth lore as to why the character is walking around outside in a bikini bottom and a floating strip of cloth. ;)

Fair enough.

TheChaos0

Well, they are on an island. Bikini fits. :)

Just for the record, when I saw Kuni, I instantly thought of Ni no Kuni. I didn't even play the game yet!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Thing is, at least for the atelier games, a majority of it would not appeal to a sexually frustrated teenage boy. It would do the opposite of appealing to them actually.

Thus my question if you've played them.

Another somewhat obscure JRPG I'd like to play, but another somewhat obscure JRPG that will almost never go down in price/go on sale.

I'd really like to try the Alchemist series, but there are just so many and none of them are less than $20, if they are even that low. Man, I wish they would make an HD collection of those games :/

Coxy

You thought it was Ni No Kuni but instead it might actually be a good RPG from a good developer!

Graphics look nice, no idea what to expect from Gust in an acxtion RPG though. I guess this is what they meant by tackling something different and outside their usual expertise

TheChaos0

You thought it was Ni No Kuni but instead it might actually be a good RPG from a good developer!

Graphics look nice, no idea what to expect from Gust in an acxtion RPG though. I guess this is what they meant by tackling something different and outside their usual expertise

Well, Qoga was an action RPG, kinda.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Interesting, do hope this turns out good.

If I didnt see the Gust part in the title I would have thought it was going to be a new ni no kuni game lol

Violet_0

Banned
Thing is, at least for the atelier games, a majority of it would not appeal to a sexually frustrated teenage boy. It would do the opposite of appealing to them actually.

well, there's always hope for the bikini dlc

/half-joking

Ventara

The thirst for Ni no Kuni sequel is real.

Anyways, this sounds better than expected, and I'm glad it's on PS3/PS4/Vita.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I'm joining the club of people thinking this was a Ni No Kuni sequel. That game was the bee's fucking knees.

Well, more JRPG's are always a good thing.

Neat. Will keep my eye on this. I never used to be a fan of Gust, but I feel they've improved quite a bit in the last few years. The Dusk trilogy was much better than the Arland trilogy, and Ar Nosurge was pretty fun for what it was too.

If its turned out like this then I'm out

I'm still in, but I'm iffy for a different reason. I dunno if Koei's involvement will mean the action is going to be reminiscent of Musou games. I respect those games and the people who like them, but I personally don't like them, so I'll be out if it's a Musou action rpg.

TheChaos0

I'm still in, but I'm iffy for a different reason. I dunno if Koei's involvement will mean the action is going to be reminiscent of Musou games. I respect those games and the people who like them, but I personally don't like them, so I'll be out if it's a Musou action rpg.

I really can't imagine it having Musou gameplay.

ZhugeEX

Banned

It's Gust developing it, not Omega Force.

AlucardGV

Banned

same. but i think it will be a traditional jrpg. bring it on.

I've played them, and I love the Atelier series. This, though, I am a lot less interested in because of that second picture. Maybe it'll still be awesome, I can't say (we know so little about it right now), but it's not a good sign to me that one of the first things released about the game is overt fan service.

I don't mind its existence so much, but I wish there was still a steady stream of JRPGs that aren't just boobs and skimpy outfits.

Dantis

That character design would be a lot better if the character didn't have an absurd chest.

Which is weird, because that's not really something I associate with Gust games.

Also it bothers me that Kikuchi gets credited with creating the Fatal Frame series. He's just the producer, Shibata writes and directs it.

glaurung

Not a fan of the art style, the protagonist (protagonists?) look very generic in their sidebooby schoolgirl sorceress anime-ness.

But I will definitely keep an eye on this one, PS4 needs more good JRPGs.

Shengar

The problem with yuri I found in this kind of media is that they mostly there for the titillation of male audience rather than for exploring a kind of relationship. I'm kinda tired seeing it from anime or manga which makes me add a fourth requirement on my own Bechdel's Test. And as per ZhugeEx post, the game is developed by Gust not KT. Also KT have others action title beside musou, namely Toukiden (you should know this), Trinity (which DQ derived most of its gameplay from), and Kessen (an action strategy).

That character design would be a lot better if the character didn't have an absurd chest.

Well the director is credited for Deception series, so I kinda expect this to be honest.

ZhugeEX

Banned
and Kessen (an action strategy).

I WISH!

I've been wanting a sequel for over a decade now.

Also worth mentioning that not all of Koei Tecmo's collaboration titles are Musou. We've seen Pokemon Conquest and Yokai Sangokushi which use NA and ROTK IP. Also Trinity as you said, Toukiden, and then of course all the tecmo titles, gust titles and mobile titles.

Shengar

That new scans scream yuri so much. I might jumped off from the boat now.
Only if your'e not fluent in Japanese.

Well about that...

Interesting, do hope this turns out good.

If I didnt see the Gust part in the title I would have thought it was going to be a new ni no kuni game lol
and Parakeetman is Japanese lol

I WISH!

I've been wanting a sequel for over a decade now.

Also worth mentioning that not all of Koei Tecmo's collaboration titles are Musou. We've seen Pokemon Conquest and Yokai Sangokushi which use NA and ROTK IP. Also Trinity as you said, Toukiden, and then of course all the tecmo titles, gust titles and mobile titles.

Kinda hope they make another Nobunaga no Yabou or even RoTK crossover project in the future. Hoping for crossover Kessen title is just a pipe dream (especially Fire Emblem: Kessen).

SeanTSC

As posted in the other Gust thread - I'm in.

I've *loved* and simply adored Gust since I first met them with Atelier Iris 2. They are by far my favorite when it comes to character models and designs and I always enjoy their worlds and stories. I'm so incredibly glad that they're finally making the jump to the PS4.

Top Bottom