• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gust announces Yoru no Nai Kuni for PS4, PS3, and PS Vita (website opened)

The problem with yuri I found in this kind of media is that they mostly there for the titillation of male audience rather than for exploring a kind of relationship. I'm kinda tired seeing it from anime or manga which makes me add a fourth requirement on my own Bechdel's Test. And as per ZhugeEx post, the game is developed by Gust not KT. Also KT have others action title beside musou, namely Toukiden (you should know this), Trinity (which DQ derived most of its gameplay from), and Kessen (an action strategy).

Yeah, I knew all of those, but if they go with Musou style for this one, I'm out is what I'm saying.

I definitely can't see it being Toukiden style.

Arthea

I've seen announcement earlier today and it's not what I expected.
There is no Atelier game announced still, it worries me.

duckroll

According to the Dengeki interview, Keisuke Kikuchi has taken over as division head of Gust from April 2015. If Koei Tecmo has moved him to head up Gust, I wonder if this means Fatal Frame and Deception are done as franchises in the future.

Shengar

The characters in Deception are comparatively realistically proportioned. I don't think they were even overly sexualised before Deception 4?
Yeah I thought of that too when I posted my response.
Yeah, I knew all of those, but if they go with Musou style for this one, I'm out is what I'm saying.

I definitely can't see it being Toukiden style.
Ah I see, so that's your point, should've read it more carefully. Though I would like to note that musou is much more character game and seeing this a new IP, Musou would be impossible. Unless Gust bring all the cast from their other game that is.

They probably try to find new formula to attract new audience considering the last trilogy have been in decline in sales trend.

SeanTSC

I'm not worried about it, it's not like Gust is a big studio. We've gotten Atelier as an annual franchise for a long time now, but I doubt they'll stop making the series just from skipping a year and doing another game. Personally, I hope the next Atelier game is just on the PS4 with a Vita port later so they can get more familiar with the system and and keep making their games prettier while keeping their art style.

Dantis

According to the Dengeki interview, Keisuke Kikuchi has taken over as division head of Gust from April 2015. If Koei Tecmo has moved him to head up Gust, I wonder if this means Fatal Frame and Deception are done as franchises in the future.

Fatal Frame sells like shit, but they could still just assign another producer to it. Shibata is still there to write and direct it.

Wasn't Kikuchi recently moved to Team Ninja? I wonder why they've moved him again already?

ZhugeEX

Banned

I think Deception certainly is haha.

But don't read too much into the promotions.

There is a lot of re-structuring within Koei Tecmo at the moment so they can move key people to manage areas of the business effectively.

Keisuke has been moved into Gust to manage the team there, Kenichi Ogasawara (Toukiden's team leader) and Yosuke Hayashi (Tecmo) also received promotions and Hisashi Koinuma has now moved into COO role.

Also what Dengeki interview are you talking about?

http://gematsu.com/2015/05/more-atelier-on-the-way-gust-teases

Regarding this Year’s Goal

Okamura: “We still have news to deliver for fans waiting on the Atelier series.”

Tsuchiya: “If we can do interesting things with games both inside and outside, and collaborations with other game makers, I think that’ll be good.”

A Message for Gust’s Fans

Okamura: “I’m sorry to keep you waiting for Atelier. A new game is still to come, so please look forward to it.”

Tsuchiya: “I want to work hard at appearing to be ‘even crazier than last year.'”

So yeah, Atelier is going to be fine. Surge Concerto is also going to be fine (in a recent podcast they announced that a new game was in development, but it was in the very early stages.)

It should also be noted that IIRC Gust outsources most of their work, so them making this game (as well as Rorona 3DS) doesn't really preclude the existence of a brand new Atelier this year as well.

duckroll

I think Deception certainly is haha.

But don't read too much into the promotions.

There is a lot of re-structuring within Koei Tecmo at the moment so they can move key people to manage areas of the business effectively.

Keisuke has been moved into Gust to manage the team there, Kenichi Ogasawara (Toukiden's team leader) and Yosuke Hayashi (Tecmo) also received promotions and Hiyashi Koinuma has now moved into COO role.

Also what Dengeki interview are you talking about?

The only thing I think we can read into is that Keisuke will be producing games at Gust from now on, rather than his previous position in Tecmo development. Gust isn't going to suddenly start making Fatal Frame, so since he was the main driving force behind making more of that series, it might be dead too.

There's an interview with Keisuke Kikuchi, Yoshito Okamura and Akira Tsuchiya regarding the game in this week's Dengeki Playstation, which has been partly transcribed here: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44712331.html

You might be interested. :)

Kudo

Holy smokes this sounds awesome! How can Gust make so many good games in so little time is beyond me, aren't they fairly small studio?

TRI Mike

I have mixed feelings about this. I finished Shallie just two nights ago and that series needs a fourth game, there's still too much shit left unfinished and unanswered. At the same time, I feel like Atelier needed a rest after six consecutive years seeing new entires (without counting Vita ports and the Rorona 3DS remake).

In short, I wanted this to be Atelier Dusk 4, but I'm also relieved it isn't. Girl looks pretty so I'll keep an eye out for it.

sensui-tomo

I have an irking feeling with how things have been going on gaf, that we wont be able to have a discussion on this game and everyone will be labeled a pedophile....
something something "VITA should be illegal at this point"
said by a mod who has the actual final say in the matter on this site not me

but hey more ps4 games, something always good.

raven777

I have an irking feeling with how things have been going on gaf, that we wont be able to have a discussion on this game and everyone will be labeled a pedophile....

well going by the images the character seems grown-up enough so I think it should be fine?

ZhugeEX

Banned
The only thing I think we can read into is that Keisuke will be producing games at Gust from now on, rather than his previous position in Tecmo development. Gust isn't going to suddenly start making Fatal Frame, so since he was the main driving force behind making more of that series, it might be dead too.

There's an interview with Keisuke Kikuchi, Yoshito Okamura and Akira Tsuchiya regarding the game in this week's Dengeki Playstation, which has been partly transcribed here: http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/44712331.html

You might be interested. :)

Cheers.

This doesn't mean Fatal Frame is dead though.

TRI Mike

Godspeed man, I hope you won't have hard feelings on the whole of us.

sensui-tomo

Godspeed man, I hope you won't have hard feelings on the whole of us.

I think you misinterpreted what i meant, I was wondering if this game will be talked about, since it looks alright but with how gaf has been going i'm not really sure about any game that could be seen as "lewd" is shut down/not up for discussion/Banned discussion .
Not saying certain games because some of them were games that were very very lewd and had young children
Its just you have a coin toss on these games with knowing if they are up for discussion and I'd like to not get banned for talking in them.
But that anime = creep mentality that's with some people is downright terrible. Any form of stereotyping is bad.

ShyMel

Hopefully some clear shots of the battle system come out. Assuming this gets brought out of Japan I'll probably get the PS4 version unless it runs poorly.

Gust have my trust (baddum chh). Very interested in this, especially since it's something non-Atelier related (I'd love more Surge Concerto stuff too - really pleased to hear they're still working on that even though Ar seemingly bombed).

Will buy whatever version of this comes over. Would prefer Vita but PS4 is okay with me too.

Coxy

Ah I see, so that's your point, should've read it more carefully. Though I would like to note that musou is much more character game and seeing this a new IP, Musou would be impossible. Unless Gust bring all the cast from their other game that is.

Not always, there are some more RPG styled ones like Trinity Souls of Zill O'ill, that only had 3 characters

I think you misinterpreted what i meant, I was wondering if this game will be talked about, since it looks alright but with how gaf has been going i'm not really sure about any game that could be seen as "lewd" is shut down/not up for discussion/Banned discussion .
Not saying certain games because some of them were games that were very very lewd and had young children
Its just you have a coin toss on these games with knowing if they are up for discussion and I'd like to not get banned for talking in them.
But that anime = creep mentality that's with some people is downright terrible. Any form of stereotyping is bad.

Here's a tip if you don't want a game banned:

Don't talk about it.

Also don't worry this game is clearly okay.

Gust is now getting more help from Koei-Tecmo?

Atelier Musou will come someday!

Fairly interested in seeing how Gust does an action RPG too.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
My first gust game was Escha and Logy, and it was fun as FUCK.

I'm in for the pS4 version of this(at 1080p 60?). I wanted to get into Ar no Surge, but i'm not for getting into stories half completed. If its not like that, i can deal

Clov

Well, it's definitely not an otome game like I thought it would be! Still looks neat though. I'll probably pick up the Vita version if it comes over here.

RichardKSJ

I read the title as "guest" and all I could think of was "What guest? WHO'S GUEST?"

Sounds interesting enough I guess, so I'll keep an eye on it.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
Holy smokes this sounds awesome! How can Gust make so many good games in so little time is beyond me, aren't they fairly small studio?

The core studio handles the game design, art design, music etc. and then farm out the game production to other studios like Flight Unit.

TheChaos0

Looks like your average anime swimsuit trash. Can Japan even develop RPGs anymore without nearly nude girls with giant tits?

Gust is known to make good JRPGs. You can't judge from a couple of scans.
This is the biggest portion of plot that I've seen from Gust, since forever, though. :)

Shizuka

Looks like your average anime swimsuit trash. Can Japan even develop RPGs anymore without nearly nude girls with giant tits?

C8J6IPT.jpg

13-stranger-of-sword-city.jpg

jCJZkst.jpg

It's a JRPG without nearly nude girls with giant tits.

Bonus: it's on the Vita.

umbra

Definitely keeping an eye on this, hopefully the action rpg part works well with it not being their typical kind of gameplay.

Echoing the past comments of wondering what happened to Chronos Materia and sad that its most likely never gonna turn up

Top Bottom