• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here are 25 minutes of gameplay footage from Squadron 42

0 hype and I'm expecting another starfield kind of game.
You can actually kind of play a good amount already. I think I spent $30 on a key like 5 years ago and played it finally maybe a year ago or so.. It was way better than I was expecting, but it still needed it's work. Seems like it's paying off in spades now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm glad I bought it when I did for so cheap. Game is shaping up nicely. There's so much quality stuff to play right now that I'm still in no rush to for Star Citizen to come out. Even then, the MP elements have a ton of engaging stuff right now that if I was interested in a decent "Space" game that I would have no qualms about downloading SC and spending a few hours in it.

Game is gonna look great on PS6/Xb#

Last edited:

Xtib81

Rumour circulating around is that Chris Roberts actually met with Microsoft & Sony for on consoles.

Where do the rumors come from though?
Now, to be honest given the installed base on consoles, they'd be crazy not to at least consider it. Maybe on next gen in 2028?

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

Now, to be honest given the installed base on consoles, they'd be crazy not to at least consider it. Maybe on next gen in 2028?

Same guy who leaked that SQ42 would have a major reveal at Citizencon and that it was feature complete

fE8wCgTV1z00.png

Can't find the OG thread on reddit (what a shit search engine), but I had kept this screenshot from the alpha 3.20 thread here.

Alex Battaglia also mentioned the rumor that Chris is looking to have it on consoles, is it from the same above rumor or from him hearing about it with his contacts, who knows..

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Same guy who leaked that SQ42 would have a major reveal at Citizencon and that it was feature complete

fE8wCgTV1z00.png

Can't find the OG thread on reddit (what a shit search engine), but I had kept this screenshot from the alpha 3.20 thread here.

Alex Battaglia also mentioned the rumor that Chris is looking to have it on consoles, is it from the same above rumor or from him hearing about it with his contacts, who knows..

Since PlayStation acquired Firesprite which still has a small team working together with CIG on Theaters of War. They might be closer to make a deal with CIG to publish SQ42 on console.

I was talking with Alex directly since he is one of my Org members in Star Citizen (not my main Org) about CitizenCon and the SQ42 trailer. Also he didn’t confirmed it. He just had his info from the same Pipeline discord channel and nothing more.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Well, we can always hope, and It would probably do very well on the console market.

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Doesn't Star Citizen lean heavily on MKB control inputs? How would this thing work on console (next gen consoles)?

Ribi

Doesn't Star Citizen lean heavily on MKB control inputs? How would this thing work on console (next gen consoles)?
They show case thier fps modules with a controller because of the smoother camera movements. They usually go hotas for flying but it's doable with a controller. Lots of interactions are hold f and moves around to interact. Now there are lots of key bonds but not all of them are necessary in the moment.

TxKnight7

The Star Citizen defenders in here are so brainwashed, they couldn't see the truth if it slapped them in the face.
What truth? are you saying people will never play the game? what will you say once squadron 42 get released you will change the narrative to something else right?

Ribi

This year citizencon will be even better!
the developer is teasing that this will be the "best one yet"
The expectation is the release date for SQ42 at minimum. All the big features for SC should also finally be shown off in any workable form as the squadron team is finally back working on SC since late last year. Meaning the content that was steadily coming out from about 2015-2017 should be back to normal release.

Buggy Loop

This year citizencon will be even better!
the developer is teasing that this will be the "best one yet"

With all the citizencon 2023 features coming in patch 3.23 and also up to mid year, I expect either SQ42 release end of 2024 or early 2025. There's so many peoples who left the SQ42 train to work on Star Citizen and with the slew of features coming soon, it can't be anything than an imminent SQ42 release.

In Q2 we're getting this

nemiroff

Gold Member
Releasing second quarter ‘42
More like those jokes are scraped from a barrel that went empty in '42.

Anyway .23 is were it's at.
I stopped playing SC because a good map is essential for playing this game but the old map (and interface) is/was really frustrating to work with.
So this being the real deal of interface updates is great, it's been on everyone's wishlist.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Interesting

SfDTC7t.png
I feel far more confident at SQ42 seeing a release in the short term than SC.

Singleplayer, feature content complete. Less ambitious but still with all the tech pioneered for SC.

Its a perfect fit for this generation of hardware.

Top Bottom