• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Pepsi a beverage that exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm04

Yeah, put me on the Pepsi Max bandwagon. I used to drink Coke Zero mostly when having soda and I bought some Pepsi Max because it was on sale. I prefer the Pepsi by far over the Zero now.

Fmal

Banned
OP, look at it this way.

There are people on this planet that love the taste of human shit. I'm not saying that Pepsi tastes like human shit (I don't drink much soda any more, but I always preferred Pepsi to Coke), but if you can conceptualize the fact that some people out there are wired in such a way that they legitimately enjoy the taste of shit, you shouldn't have any problems coming to terms with someone enjoying a different sugary carbonated beverage than you.

I ordered a coke at a restaurant recently and when I took my first sip of my drink my body immediately tried to spit it out. There was something wrong with my drink so I asked my waiter if I can get a different coke or something and she just said oh no we don't carry coke we just have Pepsi.
Once I reliazed that it was ok. Still would never go out of my way to order one.

Why do restaurants even carry Pepsi products? No amount of money is worth putting your customers through that. I mean what the fuck Taco Bell and Jersey Mikes?

Fixed.
Whenever I ask for coke and the waiter days "we don't have coke, will Pepsi be alright?" I always have the urge to reply "sure, but only if monopoly money is alright"

This is the much superior drink.

diet-coke.jpg

If I were stranded in a desert and this was my only drink option, I'd opt to drink the sand. Diet anything is vile.

SO EDGY. You suckers and your preferences.
Having a preference isn't the point. The point is the need to bring up this specific Coke vs. Pepsi thing all the time. There are so many sodas people could compare, but it's always Coke vs. Pepsi because that's the fight that's been portrayed in ads longer than any of us have been alive. And not only that, but people that prefer one act like the other is disgusting. It's stupid.

The difference between Coke and Pepsi is you can finish a can/bottle of Coke before the guilt sets in; with Pepsi, the guilt sets in after the first few sips and you're pouring that crap out.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yes. Water.

I cringe so hard when someone sees me drinking a coke zero at work and they bring up that I should be drinking water instead. Then they go and pour a bunch of water flavoring like Mio in their water.

Talents

Banned
I don't usually care for fizzies but god damn I love the Pepsi you can get when you're out and go to restaurants and stuff. The pepsi with the syrup in or something tastes so good, it makes me sad that it isn't sold in regular bottles/cans.

HariKari

I don't usually care for fizzies but god damn I love the Pepsi you can get when you're out and go to restaurants and stuff. The pepsi with the syrup in or something tastes so good, it makes me sad that it isn't sold in regular bottles/cans.

Pepsi is superior for single meals, Coca Cola is superior for regular drinking at home. Or that's roughly what Coke learned in an expensive way when they were freaking out about the Pepsi challenge.

dem

I don't get Coke or Pepsi..
Just fizzy crap that makes me feel bloated. Doesn't even taste good.

pablito

Alright, I have a question:

What is this? I've asked this before, here on GAF, to people I know in real life, other places on the internet, and never have I gotten an answer. What's the difference when it's flat? Effervescence isn't really that pleasant a feeling, we drink plenty of other things flat, so it's not the physical sensation people want. I've seen vague implications that carbonation affects taste, but have no such experience. Why don't people want soda (or beer) to go flat? What's the deal?

do you drink syrup? that's basically what both turn into when they're flat.

The greatest soda ive ever had was the lebron sprite mix. I cant find it anymore :(
Coke is second and pepsi is tasteless runoff water for plebeians

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Don't get me wrong, it doesn't taste /that/ bad, but in this world we have the superior soda, it's called Coca-Cola. I even tried the "sweetened with real sugar" Pepsi, which tasted leagues better than the standard canned swill they call a Coke competitor.. But was still 100% flat 5 minutes after opening the can, a problem basically every Pepsi product has (hi Mountain Dew, why do I have to basically chug your delicious contents in order to fully enjoy every drop?)

Y'know, if Real Sugar Pepsi stayed carbonated even half as long as Coke, I could maybe see it as a valid competitor, because it tastes more similar to Coke, but then you bust out a bottle of Real Sugar Mexican Coke, and Pepsi just seems shitty again.

What say you, Pepsi-Cola-GAF?

Henry's Law does not selectively apply to Coke and Pepsi products, fyi

soco

The best was pepsi natural, but unfortunately it didn't catch on.

The carbonation isn't really a huge issue to me as that can be adjusted. Taste-wise, pepsi has the better test.

Try bottled pepsi or fresh pepsi in a plastic bottle (I've read plastic bottles tend to be over-carbonated when produced because they gradually lose carbonation over time.)

a916

Probably because the Pepsi company makes 50% more money than the Coke company... that probably has to do with why it exists.

DarkFlow

Banned
Probably because the Pepsi company makes 50% more money than the Coke company... that probably has to do with why it exists.

Lol, no they don't.
Pepsi
Code:
Revenue US$ 66.415 billion (2013) 

Operating income US$ 9.705 billion (2013) 

Net income US$ 6.74 billion (2013) 

Total assets US$ 77.478 billion (2013)

Total equity US$ 24.389 billion (2013)

Coke
Code:
Revenue US$ 46.854 billion (2013)

Operating income US$ 10.228 billion (2013)

Net income US$ 8.584 billion (2013)

Total assets US$ 90.055 billion (2013)

Total equity US$ 33.44 billion (2013)

Bigfoot

Lol, no they don't.
Pepsi
Code:
Revenue US$ 66.415 billion (2013) 

Operating income US$ 9.705 billion (2013) 

Net income US$ 6.74 billion (2013) 

Total assets US$ 77.478 billion (2013)

Total equity US$ 24.389 billion (2013)

Coke
Code:
Revenue US$ 46.854 billion (2013)

Operating income US$ 10.228 billion (2013)

Net income US$ 8.584 billion (2013)

Total assets US$ 90.055 billion (2013)

Total equity US$ 33.44 billion (2013)
Your numbers show that Pepsi brings in $20 billion more revenue than Coke. It's not like he was that far off with his 50% number. $3 billion more revenue for Pepsi and he would be dead on.

TheContact

Pepsi is so much better tasting than Coke. Plus Pepsi is good guy company. Someone stole the Coke formula and tried selling it to Pepsi and they didn't buy it and reported the guy to authorities.

DarkFlow

Banned
Your numbers show that Pepsi brings in $20 billion more revenue than Coke. It's not like he was that far off with his 50% number. $3 billion more revenue for Pepsi and he would be dead on.

Look at the net income, that's what they actually make at the end of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom