• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Pepsi a beverage that exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlow

Banned
Saw that but I just assumed he was actually talking revenue. If he meant profit, than yeah the 50% number if off.

Revenue doesn't mean much if you have to spend it on a bunch of other crap. Net Income is the main thing you want to look at. AMD is a good one, they made $5 billion in revenue, but lost $403 million in Net Income because they have more expenses than the amount of money coming in.

zeopower6

No. Cola is not synonymous with soda. Cola is the taste of the kola plant. Coke has that taste; the slight bitterness. Pepsi does not.

I don't think it actually has kola flavoring though, does it? Which means that it's all in your head. D:

However, contrary to what is implied by the "cola" name, Coca-Cola syrup does not contain any kola nut extract. Since no kola extracts are present in the recipe, the primary taste of Coca-Cola comes from vanilla and cinnamon with trace amounts of orange, lime and lemon and spices such as nutmeg.

linkboy

I had to join the air force and leave the USA to get coke that doesn't suck (real sugar rocks).

Pepsi sold me real sugar Pepsi in the USA, so they win.

I'm in Korea now and I can definitely taste a difference between Korean Pepsi and US Pepsi, same with coke.

HFCS coke makes me sick.

GtwoK

Jesus Christ, this thread

You would think Pepsi murdered the parents of half of you.

Having an opinion on which you prefer? Sure. Acting as if drinking Pepsi has literally put you through something traumatic? God damn, get the hell over it. That, and the picture that I constantly see posted on facebook: "I'll have a coke" "Is Pepsi okay?" "Is Monopoly money okay?". It annoys the hell out of me.

I drink either, depending on what the restaurant serves. Or what I currently have in the fridge. Or which ever I currently feel like drinking.

If the taste difference actually bothers you that much, yourprobably need to drink less soda.

Beartruck

Why do people drink Pepsi or Coke? Get a nice glass bottle root beer or soda (they use real sugar) and once you've had them Pepsi and Coke taste like they've been strained through a gym sock.

As far as soda recommendations:
-Henry Weinhard: Foamy rootbeer, great for floats.
-Hank's rootbeer: Good mix of bite and vanilla.
-Mr Q cumber: This is a cucumber flavored soda. Assuming you like the idea of that and want something really different, its pretty darn good.

Jesus Christ, this thread

You would think Pepsi murdered the parents of half of you.

Having an opinion on which you prefer? Sure. Acting as if drinking Pepsi has literally put you through something traumatic? God damn, get the hell over it. That, and the picture that I constantly see posted on facebook: "I'll have a coke" "Is Pepsi okay?" "Is Monopoly money okay?". IT annoys the hell out of me.

I drink either, depending on what the restaurant serves. Or what I currently have in the fridge. Or which ever I currently feel like drinking.

If the taste difference actually bothers you that much, your probably need to drink less soda.

Pepsi caused my dad to divorce my mom

a916

Saw that but I just assumed he was actually talking revenue. If he meant profit, than yeah the 50% number if off.

Oh definitely, I made sure to word it so that I said "they made X amount" and not their gross profit was.

They made 44.97% more in the last 12 months, and 48.66% more in the last quarter. 50% was pretty darn close I think we'll agree.

demolitio

I don't know; after having Coke for a while, a Pepsi is a nice change of taste. Cherry Pepsi is pretty good.

Mello Yello is 1000000000x better than Mountain Dew though. So glad they're slowly starting to sell it again here.

Then again, I sip on one drink for a very long time so it's hard for me to really get sick of them or find Pepsi too shitty to drink or anything.

Lotto

best op of all time, pepsi sux
highfive.gif

JDeluis

Supermarkets are always trying to get rid of Pepsi. Every week a 2 Liter is as low as 70 cents. Coke is barely on sale.

I'm going to stop by Gonzalez Northgate Market who has it on sale tomorrow to buy Coca Cola thanks to this thread.

zeopower6

Supermarkets are always trying to get rid of Pepsi. Every week a 2 Liter is as low as 70 cents. Coke is barely on sale.

I'm going to stop by Gonzalez Northgate Market who has it on sale tomorrow to buy Coca Cola thanks to this thread.

I find that it flip flops every so often. One week it'll be Pepsi products and the next it'll be CocaCola.

Um, because a lot of people like it better and it's very popular, not only in the US but also internationally in markets where it established itself first?

In India, for instance, we don't refer to soft-drinks as coke (like many do in US), but as pepsi instead.

squidyj

I prefer pepsi but I'm not picky, I'll drink coke and the coop store brand 'coke' is pretty good, their 'pepsi' is a fucking disgrace and their root beer is the worst thing I've ever tasted, but generally I'm not picky.

Oreoleo

Because Coke has far too much carbonation.

I wouldn't turn either one down, though. People that seem so staunchly on one side of this issue are pretty obnoxious.

daniels

Hey i only drink water so why does any soda crap exist ...oh wait because i am not everyone and tastes are different from person to person aww :(

I always thought that when people said they prefer Coke to Pepsi they mean it in an ironic, tongue-in-cheek fashion, like when somebody says they prefer Bubsy 3D to Super Mario Galaxy.

Are you telling me that's not true?

DarkFlow

Banned
I always thought that when people said they prefer Coke to Pepsi they mean it in an ironic, tongue-in-cheek fashion, like when somebody says they prefer Bubsy 3D to Super Mario Galaxy.

Are you telling me that's not true?

People have different tastes, Shocking I know.

Joni

In an ideal world, neither of them would exist. I used to drink quite a lot of Coke, like more than a liter per day, but back in the 90s I once had a batch that was so bad I can't even stand the smell anymore. Doesn't help that this was right around that time where Coca Cola had to do a massive recall because they might have poisoned a couple of people.

There's a reason why Coca-Cola was losing marketshare to Pepsi, and why they came of with New Coke, that tasted more like Pepsi. Pepsi just tasted better for majority of people in blind taste tests.

And there's reason why Coca-Cola is more popular now. Marketing.

Mr_Moogle

I was surprised just how much Pepsi advertising there is in America when I visited a couple of years ago. It's everywhere. I could of sworn it's even more popular than Coke over there.

In Australia, Pepsi is what you get when you go to KFC. Aside from that, it doesn't seem to have much of a presence in the marketplace.

I think Coke is miles ahead of Pepsi for taste. Dr Pepper destroys both of them though.

EDIT: Pepsi Max is the worst soft drink ever. It tastes like it has toothpaste mixed into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom