• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How is Pepsi a beverage that exists?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Pepsi is OK if it's on sale, otherwise you'd be mad to pick it over Coke.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
kids like pepsi better because it's sweeter. after i hit 25 i liked coke better. my childhood tastebuds thought it was boring. kids are probably more correct, their tastebuds function better.

I prefer the taste of Coke cause it's less sweeter than Pepsi's candy-like taste. Both are OK, but Coke mostly surpasses Pepsi for me. Really though, I don't really care which one I choose if I have the choice as I believe as long as there's cola, there's happiness in my world.

jax

Banned
Henry's Law does not selectively apply to Coke and Pepsi products, fyi
Go buy a can of Pepsi and a can of Coke and open them at the same time, wait around 25 minutes.. But leave them in the fridge. You'll see.

Like I said before. It's even worse with Mt Dew.

RC > Dr Pepper > Pepsi > Coca Cola

RG0BS1U.gif

Coke and Pepsi do taste different, at least out here in Spiderland.

Coke has a little bit of vanilla, a little bit of orange and is not as sweet. Pepsi is a little bit aniseed, a little bit caramel and much sweeter.

I gave up soda a while back but it's crazy how much I still crave a good Coke some nights.

I switched between Pepsi and Coke and liked them both. Now, if this came out again (like Surge), I'd probably drink one every month or so...

Pepsi-blue_bottle.gif

Nikodemos

Coke and Pepsi do taste different, at least out here in Spiderland.

Coke has a little bit of vanilla, a little bit of orange and is not as sweet. Pepsi is a little bit aniseed, a little bit caramel and much sweeter.
I'm pretty certain the base note for Coca-Cola is cinnamon.

Pepsi Max > All other colas.
Pepsi Max Cherry > Pepsi Max

(UK flavours at least, might be different around the world. Turkish Fanta is bright neon orange and tastes way nicer than ours)
Exactly this. And good to see it in cans in more places, too.

I'm questioning why it exists in its current form. If I were PepsiCo, I'd figure out how to at least match Coca-Cola in terms of flavor. It seems like they're trying with Real Sugar Pepsi (tastes almost exactly like Coke) but they still have the issue of it going flat almost immediately
If Pepsi went and said, 'let's mimic Coca-Cola the best we can' it wouldn't work.

Even if they managed to get a 1:1 version, people wouldn't switch. They'd stick to the Coca-Cola they've been drinking for years. They'd have to drop the price a lot to get people to move.

Chris1

I've been buying more Pepsi lately. They stopped selling 2 litre coca cola and it sucks.

Dr Pepper > Irn Bru > Cola > Pepsi though

UK guy here so my our drinks will differ. But Pepsi is better than Coke anyday. I also only drink the sugar-free versions. Usually Pepsi Max/Coke Zero but Pepsi Max is by far better. I also tend to prefer the sugar version if I'm drinking it.

Pepsi Max Cherry > *

This guy right here. I'm drinking it right now, fucking GOAT.

jesu

I've started getting Pepsi Max Cherry when it's on offer but most of the times it's not and Coke is the cheaper option so I get that.

Arment

Coke if I want a cola but Mt. Dew is my all time go to soda these last 5 or so years.

I'll only drink diet Mt. Dew but can't stand diet Coke. Regular Coke for life.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I like pepsi more than coke, but the difference isn't large enough between the two for me to have a particularly strong opinion about it. I always found the idea that people will love one and think the other is gross pretty ridiculous.

I'll even mix the two if I have open 2-liter bottles of both. Where is your god now?

BibiMaghoo

Because Coke is twice the price but not twice the quality. Pepsi is middle ground, before what we call rolla-cola, that being own brand shite, usually made with beetroot.

I'd always take a coke, but if I'm buying bottles to stock up, I'm going to get some Pepsi. If It's for mixing with spirits, it's going to be Pepsi.

It has its uses.

EDIT : Max, Diet and any sugar free drinks are straight from the devils ball bag. Revolting to drink. Sugar all the way.

It's for children that haven't been exposed to better tasting drinks yet, this gives them enough money to buy out businesses to ruin your day. It truly is a terrible beverage, and everyone who enjoys it is terrible too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
It's for children that haven't been exposed to better tasting drinks yet, this gives them enough money to buy out businesses to ruin your day. It truly is a terrible beverage, and everyone who enjoys it is terrible too.

Also there is a trivial thing you like that is bad and makes you a piece of shit.

Con_Smith

Banned
I hate soda but when I do want a actual cola to drink Pepsi is the better choice. Why? Because I don't feel like a fucking acid spill is going down my throat when I drink it. II love coke but that burn ain't right and the after taste is shit. At least Pepsi keeps a sweet after taste.

#Georgia boy turn coat on coke.

Sydle

I like Pepsi but Mexican Coke is pretty fantastic. I don't like regular Coke.

Doppleganger, the sugar cane version of Dr. Pepper, is the best though.

Certinty

Couldn't care less which I drink, my household buys both. If I had to choose though, Coca Cola tastes better when cold and Pepsi when warm. Either way if i'm thirsty and wanting a soft drink I couldn't care which one I had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom