• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[IEM] World Championship Season VII 2013 (StarCraft II HotS and LoL) $250,000

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
The Liquipedia page doesn't have links to any? They should be at the bottom of the page for the IEM entry.
Nope. It's not on Youtube or the ESL website either. SC2ratings/whatever/othersite don't list it either.

*Looks like MVP vs Mana went up on Twitch 1 minute ago. Weird. Waiting for YoDa next then.
Anyone have any SC2 match videos on YouTube? I'd like to watch a Heart of the Swarm game on my Wii U.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCn2lmhBbtA

Striek

Ret vs. Yonghwa now, game 1 just ended. Ret was just completely smashed in every way. Took so much damage to phoenixes.

Striek

Wow Ret sucks defending phoenixes. I feel like overlord speed is mandatory if you can't spare the half a second every minute to rally overlords direct from one hatch to a spore crawler.

Won

Wait! the third game already happened? It's over? Didn't look for like 2 minutes and Ret is dead?

Dammit Ret!

Majine

Banned
uXN1O4Q.jpg

Striek

Damn, Yoda just manhandled MVP from start to finish in that game.

I don't think I've ever seen a terran go 4 factories building tanks at a time. Insane tank count.

Edit: Great series, terrible last game by MVP. Low-econ, marine only on Ohana, smallest map in the game? Ehhh. Not going to be a HoTS champion any time soon with dodgy decision making like that.

Will watch the vods for the other semi + final tomorrow, gogo Yoda.

Damn, Yoda just manhandled MVP from start to finish in that game.

I don't think I've ever seen a terran go 4 factories building tanks at a time. Insane tank count.

Edit: Great series, terrible last game by MVP. Low-econ, marine only on Ohana, smallest map in the game? Ehhh. Not going to be a HoTS champion any time soon with dodgy decision making like that.

Will watch the vods for the other semi + final tomorrow, gogo Yoda.

The game was pretty much over when that drop got stomped by the mine + turrets. Guess he was just trying something different in an attempt to come back even though it was a terrible idea.

Overall though i thought it was an incredible series and TvT really looks like an awesome matchup even moreso than in WOL.

Jinaar

Its actually sad watching how Terran just steam rolls over everything. MAW-Rauders and those verb-intensive Medi-vacs. I cannot imagine how someone tries to understand how to wrap their heads around Terran at the moment. Poor First.

StayDead

Its actually sad watching how Terran just steam rolls over everything. MAW-Rauders and those verb-intensive Medi-vacs. I cannot imagine how someone tries to understand how to wrap their heads around Terran at the moment. Poor First.

Speed medivacs had nothing to do with that. First would have lost that game the exact same way to normal speed ones.

He lost 6 probes with hardly reacting, seemed distracted or something.

calder

He lost 6 probes with hardly reacting, seemed distracted or something.

It was right around the time First had his obs moving through YoDa's bases, I kinda assumed First must have been focusing on scouting and then focused his attention to his ramp or something because his reaction was very very slow. So slow YoDa didn't realize he could have easily dropped both widow mines and got a lot of probe kills. And First also was much slower to pick up the next few drops than we're used to seeing from anyone of his caliber.

Jinaar

Commenting on both games so far and now the third game happening.

The only thing I can think of is that Terran has been the luckiest of all the races to figure out the best combo of drops, widowmines, mauraders/marines and Medivac boost to keep constant win pressure on each race and that Protoss and Zerg hasn't found their proper counter builds that would work against this.

I will agree that Yoda's macro and micro is amazing in the finals. There is no denying that.

calder

The difference between First's consistently tardy reactions to frequent drops and YoDa's instant reaction to the zealot/temp drop is pretty telling. First has really looked a bit slow and sloppy for as long as I've been watching, did he pull a Stephano last night? ;)

SamuraiX-

Congrats to YoDa!

First is a very good player so to see him get dismantled the way he did really says something about YoDa's ability. It might have also helped that they were teammates and he could make some predictions about First's play style.

Wunder

Award Ceremony is awkward x5. Yoda wins 4-0 and grabs the trophy unceremoniously. Then they throw it to the analysis desk to analyze the last game? o_o|||

Top Bottom