• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Insomniac Dev Says Ratchet Is 'Tip of the Iceberg'

It makes me cry sometimes when I read dumb comments online, I remember allthe those neogaf engineers who downplayed ps5s ssd. Saying its just similar to their pc ssd. jesus wept. The io on the ps5 is the biggest technical achievement in computer data hardware design since 3d. This guys are loading worlds in a camera cut for fucks sake.

I dont know what studio will compete with playstation studios in 3 years time when they start releasing proper games made for ps5.

White-fire

It makes me cry sometimes when I read dumb comments online, I remember allthe those neogaf engineers who downplayed ps5s ssd. Saying its just similar to their pc ssd. jesus wept. The io on the ps5 is the biggest technical achievement in computer data hardware design since 3d. This guys are loading worlds in a camera cut for fucks sake.

I dont know what studio will compete with playstation studios in 3 years time when they start releasing proper games made for ps5.

When you put it like that it’s super exciting, I really can’t imagine what Sony Santa Monica’s new IP is if it’s exclusive to the PS5.

When you put it like that it’s super exciting, I really can’t imagine what Sony Santa Monica’s new IP is if it’s exclusive to the PS5.
Man it sucks so.bad that god of war ragnarok is crossgen, I would have waited even 3 years if they made it exclusive for ps5 than making it crossgen. The things developers can do with this console is astonishing. That ssd is more extra ram than it is storage.

chasimus

i do wonder how easy it would be to add quick resume, you would have to sacrifice more of the storage to do so and maybe it's something that's optional, I want both companies to figure a way to keep network connections 'alive' when games are paused.
I would just appreciate if they would fix the Rest Mode issues, personally. I can't put my PS5 games into Rest Mode without it crashing on me

4-5 years?? This is not Halo infinity and 343 Studios...this is Insomniac. Have you seen how many games they put on the PS5 during this year?
i bet is 2-3 years tops...
Miles was a DLC padded out and made into a full game. It reused assets from Spiderman and is not indicative of a normal development cycle. Rachet had been in development a long time.

Max_Po

Banned
Got the game ... First playthrough I am going 30 fps with bells n whistles ..

It freakin looks like a pixar movie ... of course if you STOP n waan waan zoom 200 to 400% you can easily see its a game...

Super amazing....

Tripolygon

Banned
Miles was a DLC padded out and made into a full game. It reused assets from Spiderman and is not indicative of a normal development cycle. Rachet had been in development a long time.
Spider-Man had DLCs, if they wanted to do a DLC they would have. Miles Morales is a full standalone game set in the same world. Insomniac Games development cycle is insane dating back to their founding.

UAqWCwR.jpg

Last edited:
I never played a ratchet game as it always came off as kiddy shit but this game I absolutely love….has so much attention to detail and is just fun to play

4-5 years?? This is not Halo infinity and 343 Studios...this is Insomniac. Have you seen how many games they put on the PS5 during this year?
i bet is 2-3 years tops...

Maybe even less if they’re going to re-use New York (and I hope they do but just expand over the bridges a bit).

Honestly, ratchet feels like one of those classic "games can't look any better than this" moments.

Can't wait for their next game

it makes me excited for the possibility of games all looking at least this good this gen. I really hope this gen opens up dev creativity and we start to see some marvellous stuff. Now I just want physics, world interaction and AI to catch up to the visual fidelity. I hope it will be this gen but I expect probably next gen.

Last edited:
Top Bottom