• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 4 Event - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

pxleyes

Banned
iphone-os-4-0289-rm-eng.jpg

Holy shit its real!

LCfiner

OK, seriously did not expect Apple to do this Game Center stuff. sees they may be (perhaps reluctantly?) taking gaming seriously on the iPhone.

Still, that's a surprise and i'm happy it's there.

NotWii

Banned
GOOD, maybe this will wake up Nintendo about making an online gaming community.

Lord Error said:
Not only that, but many people (Liu Kang here included) argued how folder would be a completely terrible idea to add to Iphone. It's funny that they added them now, as well as background image support :p
:lol

Meier

iphone40software247.jpg

Jason Chen:
The seventh tentpole is iAd. Mobile advertising. They’re going to build advertising right into the iPhone OS 4.

Umm...late April Fools?

celebi23

Huh.. If you notice in their Game Center pics, it shows "TouchFighter". That game has been in development since the 2.0 Event back in 2008. It was demoed there :lol

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Zombie James said:
"We have 50,000 games. Let's compare that to the competition... the PSP and DS... we blow them out of the water."

Not this quantity > quality shit again...
oy. rekindling the late 90s-current flamewars about the number of apps on countless PC-Mac threads.

lol @ mobile advertising being a new feature.

It's nice that iPhone caught up. Nothing too crazy here. Game Center has potential though, and hopefully it ripples and scares Sony and Nintendo into being more social (starting with 3G, bitches).

Jasoco

Banned
lawblob said:
I can not imagine anything less exciting that achievement points on my phone.
Many games already have them. It's called OpenFeint and I think it should just be built-in because not all games use it and some use another shittier clone of Feint. Just unify the fucking system. You wouldn't have games on your Xbox using a different kind of achievement system.

itxaka

Defeatist
nice. Friend list unified is a huge thing. I hate to have different things on plus+, crystal, and all those shitty things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Zombie James said:
Oh boy, ads.
"We have a lot of free or reasonably priced apps... we like that, but our devs have to find ways to make money. So our devs are putting ads into apps, and for lack of a better way to say it, we think most of this kind of advertising sucks." Ouch!

Sounds good... so far.

StoOgE said:
Looks like Apple got a bit scared of the Xbox Live announcement on WM7.
Given Microsoft's pathetic failure to implement Live even on its core Windows platform so far I don't think Apple have been shitting themselves too much over this.

numble

Meier said:
Jason Chen:
The seventh tentpole is iAd. Mobile advertising. They’re going to build advertising right into the iPhone OS 4.

Umm...late April Fools?
It's actually a strategy to keep devs on the iPhone--Apple will pay devs to make free apps.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Keyser Soze said:
http://c1291262.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/apple-iphone-os4_193.jpg[IMG]

It's iMat

!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]
First thing I thought of :lol

venne

Will Steve kill my buzz with iAd?

"The average user spends over 30 minutes every day using apps on their phone. If we said we wanted to put an ad up every 3 minutes, that's 10 ads per device per day. That would be 1b ad opportunities per day."

:-/

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gary Whitta said:
Given Microsoft's pathetic failure to implement Live even on its core Windows platform so far I don't think Apple have been shitting themselves too much over this.

well, the WM7 stuff looks pretty slick.. and never doubt the draw of epeen points to trogladites.

ckohler

"We’re all familiar with interactive ads on the web. They’re interactive, but they’re not capable of delivering emotion."

Emotion engine?!

fireside

"The average user spends over 30 minutes every day using apps on their phone. If we said we wanted to put an ad up every 3 minutes, that's 10 ads per device per day. That would be 1b ad opportunities per day."

That's a lotta ads

venne said:
Will Steve kill my buzz with iAd?

:-/

How are they implementing these ads? I don't get it.

Jasoco

Banned
I downloaded an app for my iPod touch once, it was a painting program. The very next day it "pushed" an advertisement to me. Not an image ad. A text ad with an OK/CANCEL button. I deleted that shitty app that very minute. Fuck advertisements. Fuck them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom