• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 4 Event - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.
iBooks on iPhone :O

apple-iphone-os4_163.jpg

Ephemeris

TheEastonator said:
Folders...again, just like on Android :\
I don't know, I guess I expected more of a UI shake-up, especially since Apple bitches about Android 'copying' their ideas. Was hoping they'd do something new to the grid of icons.

I feel you, but man is my Ipod touch happy for folders.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
gimmmick said:
For us android / webos users... anyone else find this really bland as well? Hopefully more useful info will come into to play.
blackberry user here, but yes.
I've been able to run pandora in the background for ages.

SimleuqiR

Me likes the way folders look. One less thing people need to jailbreak their phones.
On my iPhone 2G I had to use Categories to tighty up my home screens.

LCfiner

Unified Inbox was confirmed earlier but it's about damn time. I'm happy for that.

Folders will be interesting. I know others will use it more than myself.

Piano

Banned
I'm hoping they have an 'oh and one more thing' with something really new. Are people expecting a new model to be announced today?

Blackhead

Redarse
sonycowboy said:
This update looks like they looked at the top 10 jailbreak apps; Not that I mind...

Backgrounder - check
Categories - check
Theme - OK, not really, but a tiny bit of customization

Next up?

Lockscreen widgets?
???
Better notifications (Not a jailbreak, I just really want it)
There are better jailbreak notifications actually. I'm thinking of Growl for iPhone (GRiP) which is pretty useful as well as iRealSMS and QuickReply that manage text notifications very well.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Does Android and WebOS come with a free Winnie the Pooh book?! HUH?!

Fucking thought not...

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i can understand why they might not want to offer lockscreen widgets on the limited size/resolution on the iphone/ipod, but not doing so for the ipad seems criminal.

So this is an announcement of things that everything else already does?

I am trying not to sound like I am trolling, because really I'm not interested in doing so - but I want to know from i* users, which of these things are unique new features that don't exist in other devices, or are better than the current implementations on other devices?

I am interested in finding that out, because my next device purchase is probably going to be an iPod Touch 64GB, and I want to know what sorts of compellingly neat shit I'll be doing with it that I am not currently doing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ecstatic said:
Apple deprived it's loyal fans of the most basic features, folders?

For fucks sake, seriously?
Not only that, but many people (Liu Kang here included) argued how folder would be a completely terrible idea to add to Iphone. It's funny that they added them now, as well as background image support :p

gcubed

enterprise is one place where android is really non-existent and will have no chance of really challenging apple if they dont change quick. Its basically the reason why RIM still exists, and apple is making big inroads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom