• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone OS 4 Event - April 8th

Status
Not open for further replies.

celebi23

Iron_Scimitar said:
Im SOOOO making a BS folder for Stocks, Voice Memo, iTunes, iPod, and Calculator.

Same here. Making a Folder for Apple's default apps :D Oh man, 1 for games, for Instant Messengers, 1 for the apps that I'm working on... :lol

Zeppu

Dammit, if only Google had patented multitasking, folders and unified mailbox the whole event would've been more interesting.

Chinner said:
gotta love da trolls cominig into dis thread trying to validate their piece of plastic.

I'm here to see if this'll make the iPad actually better than a netbook since I would like to own one but find it unusable as is.

Barrett2

captmcblack said:
So this is an announcement of things that everything else already does?

I am trying not to sound like I am trolling, because really I'm not interested in doing so - but I want to know from i* users, which of these things are unique new features that don't exist in other devices, or are better than the current implementations on other devices?

This. I enjoy my iPhone, but honestly, all of this shit should already be part of the OS.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Gary Whitta said:
I've read a bunch of stuff from the free Classics app on my iPhone, it works fine.

Eh.. if the screen was 50% bigger maybe. Kindle is the low end of the size spectrum at which I would consider reading it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
aoi tsuki said:
i hope "Free Winnie The Pooh" becomes a meme for feature lists.
I do, too :lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
“Gaming is extremely popular on the iPhone and iPod touch. In fact, we have over 50k titles… let’s look at the competition. If you look at dedicated gaming devices like the PSP and DS, this just blows them out of the water.”

Oh god. :\

Jasoco

Banned
Chinner said:
gotta love da trolls cominig into dis thread trying to validate their piece of plastic.
Did you register just to troll? Because the only posts I've seen from you are trolling either the Conan thread or this one. Plastic? You mean aluminum and glass?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
People who say iPhone is too small to read books obviously never used the Kindle app.

njean777

captmcblack said:

I am trying not to sound like I am trolling, because really I'm not interested in doing so - but I want to know from i* users, which of these things are unique new features that don't exist in other devices, or are better than the current implementations on other devices?

The public does not care about other devices, as we can see from sales, some tech people may care about android and such, but most people have an iphone. So from that perspective this is big news for 70+ million people.

Darko

10:46AM "Our 6th tent pole is Game Center. This is a dev preview for OS 4. Gaming is extremely popular on the iPhone and iPod touch. We have 50,000 games. Let's compare that to the competition... the PSP and DS... we blow them out of the water."

SHOTS FIRED!

"We have 50,000 games. Let's compare that to the competition... the PSP and DS... we blow them out of the water."

Not this quantity > quality shit again...

Dragon

Banned
captive said:
blackberry user here, but yes.
I've been able to run pandora in the background for ages.

There are pros and cons, I'd have to say the thing that keeps me on the iPhone over a blackberry is how bad the browser was implemented on my Pearl.

10:46AM "Our 6th tent pole is Game Center. This is a dev preview for OS 4. Gaming is extremely popular on the iPhone and iPod touch. We have 50,000 games. Let's compare that to the competition... the PSP and DS... we blow them out of the water."

I love my iPhone, but holy fuck they're arrogant cocks. I bet only 1/16th of those 50,000 have any sort of value as a game.

apple-iphone-os4_179.jpg

DS had a good run...

GAME CENTER?

FUCK YEAH THAT IS AWESOME.

but can't help but lol when Apple compares their numbers of games to DS or PSP like it's a valid comparison. This logic they use, it fails much.

Piano

Banned
captmcblack said:

I am interested in finding that out, because my next device purchase is probably going to be an iPod Touch 64GB, and I want to know what sorts of compellingly neat shit I'll be doing with it that I am not currently doing.

Yes - so far all of the features they've announced are already available on Android (don't know about WebOS). I assume, though, that they're much more smoothly implemented on iPhone - since Apple makes both the hardware and software, the iPhone has had the advantage than day 1 of running smoother than its competitors. When you get an Android phone, you exchange slickness for functionality in some respects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom