• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's going to be hot out N.E. US GAF. Stay inside with AC if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I decided to walk to the grocery store today.

D6ypHaK.jpg

It was, uh, toasty.

Edit:

I hope for my former clients sake that the weather alert in DC is on and that the homeless shelters are cool.

Nah either early morning or late at night. That is the only time I will be out.

Crayons

Banned
anyone in nyc, please turn your AC down to as cold as it gets. if enough of us do it, there will be a power outage. I'm doing my part

anyone in nyc, please turn your AC down to as cold as it gets. if enough of us do it, there will be a power outage. I'm doing my part

I didn't even think of that.... I've been able to be somewhere else whenever a black/brown out happens in the city.

BioHazard

Underground subway stations here in NYC are borderline unbearable. I'm surprised there haven't been a ton of "sick passenger" delays from those passing out.

Not even close. SoCal humidity is nothing in comparison to the east coast hellscape. A layover in Jersey was enough to make me question people's sanity for actually living there. I literally could not do it.

Thank goodness for Colorado, fuck humidity.

Jersey = unlivable.
Florida = ?

tearsofash

I'm used to that kinda weather in TN, but it must suck for those without any AC. I know some people up there don't even bother getting it.

Otnopolit

I can confirm this report; swamp-ass is an epidemic in Boston ATM. Humidity yesterday was disgusting, AND it was 96 at the same time.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hottest night on record last night in my town.

I don't like sleeping with AC on though so my room doesn't have one. Just stayed up in the office playing Master of Orion until 5am...the same time I got up on Thursday and used a fan to fall asleep. So glad I have Friday's off most weeks.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Here in Ontario it's absolutely unbearable outside. It feels hot and moist, like I'm in a steam room. This is literally the worst kind of weather for me.

Cels

ok so my friend just moved to NY from CA and he said he just got his first month's electricity bill of $120 which is insane to me. says he runs AC all the time. he lives by himself in a small apartment.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'd rather be hot than cold, so I'll deal. I'm expecting blackouts though. Everyone blasting the AC on the weekend, staying out of the heat sounds like the perfect recipe for the power to get knocked out. Last year half my town was blacked out on a Saturday night, even the bars. They had students playing live music in the dark, lit up by people's cellphones. It was actually kinda fun.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd rather be hot than cold, so I'll deal. I'm expecting blackouts though. Everyone blasting the AC on the weekend, staying out of the heat sounds like the perfect recipe for the power to get knocked out. Last year half my town was blacked out on a Saturday night, even the bars. They had students playing live music in the dark, lit up by people's cellphones. It was actually kinda fun.

My car has killer AC. I'd seriously take a car trip right now if I lost power its so bad out.

Ralemont

not me
You should of used a better city. Now nobody is going to take you seriously.

whatchu say

The New York Times Ranks Philadelphia #3 On Its List Of The 52 Best Places To Visit In 2015

http://www.uwishunu.com/2015/01/the-new-york-times-ranks-philadelphia-3-on-its-list-of-the-52-best-places-to-visit-in-2015/

Lonely Planet Names Philadelphia Best Place To Visit In US

http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexandratalty/2016/02/11/lonely-planet-names-philadelphia-best-place-to-visit-in-us/#34c8224a3af0

plus we have dumpster pools. come saturday they will be dumpster hot tubs

Zeke

My only suggestion for folks from normally cooler parts of the states is stay hydrated. It sounds like a "duh" piece of advice but you would be surprised at how many people don't do it. Carry a water bottle and keep it filled and stay away from sugary drinks.

cirrhosis

I just came back being out for a long bike ride thinking it wouldn't be that bad. It was a bad idea.

103 on heat index locally.

90F, feels like 98F, 72 dew point where I'm at in PA. Might as well be in a tropical rain forest and it's been like this for the better part of a month too.

That's because you sit next to Camden. Anything looks better by comparison. A normal dumpster looks fine if it's next to one that's constantly on fire.

I literally look across the waterfront to Camden almost every week

You can never make me go over there, even to the aquarium!

Ovid

Underground subway stations here in NYC are borderline unbearable. I'm surprised there haven't been a ton of "sick passenger" delays from those passing out.
Every summer I'm surprised that no one dies down there. It's currently 95 degrees in Central Park. It has to be 110+ degrees underground.

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I feel bad for people who don't have pools or don't live near the ocean.

Or AC. I don't have either of those, but I do have central air. As long as I have killer AC, I'm happy.

As a pale, blue-eyed Brit living in Ontario I literally can't function without it in summer, I actually cannot sleep and that has a knock-on effect on the rest of my life.

It's hot and humid as balls outside here in michigan but I barely feel it. AC all day in the office. Come home at night when it's (kind of) cool.

Summer just makes me hot and have to work out more to show off the slammin' abs the one or two times I go to the beach a year

Winter makes me miss work, kills people, and puts snow on my car!

lightus

Is it common to not have AC in the North East? That'd be pretty miserable weather without it.

Also lol as people trying to make this a contest. I live inland Florida, where not only is it hot and humid, but we also don't get the cool sea breeze to negate any of it. A heat index of over 100 when you're not used to it is hot.

It's all relative, I can handle the heat fine but people up north would laugh at me if they saw the temperatures at which I wear a jacket.

Is it common to not have AC in the North East? That'd be pretty miserable weather without it.

Also lol as people trying to make this a contest. I live inland Florida, where not only is it hot and humid, but we also don't get the cool sea breeze to negate any of it. A heat index of over 100 when you're not used to it is hot.

It's all relative, I can handle the heat fine but people up north would laugh at me if they saw the temperatures at which I wear a jacket.

Anything below 60 might as well be freezing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom