• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY GAF: It's hot out and humid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovid

Preach it. I don't get why people never seem to grasp the concept of humidity in relation to dry heat.

Huge difference.

When I was staying in the Valley a couple of years ago the temps were over 100 degrees. Yeah it was hot, but it was tolerable. It just felt like heat on your face and skin. With the humidity and hight temps in NY you feel like you can't breathe.

It feels like 107 at the moment here in Manhattan. Awful and dangerous really especially for the elderly and pets. Imagine the subway stations at this moment. <shudder>

Staten Islanders are melting!

CpwMuSwUIAAZqgU.jpg

Tehalemi

It feels like 107 at the moment here in Manhattan. Awful and dangerous really especially for the elderly and pets. Imagine the subway stations at this moment. <shudder>

I don't have to. That's been my experience for the past week. x__x

It's brutal when I'm in a subway car with AC, and you see people coming in between cars to get to mine because the one they were in had no AC at all. D: I've stepped in those cars in this kind of weather before, and it feels like a closed environment prohibitive to sustaining life lol.

Staten Islanders are melting!

CpwMuSwUIAAZqgU.jpg

...sweet cheezuz.

BokehKing

Banned
Yeah so that lightning and thunder storm saw the wall of humidity around long island and just bounced back and headed back to Connecticut I think. Feels like I'm in Brooklyn, I saw kids running through a fire hydrant earlier.

I can only imagine how bad Staten Island smells at the moment. Especially considering the entire thing was built upon a landfill.

I picked the right day to get out of town. Even walking down the street in the UES to grab food this morning was miserable. I can't imagine waiting for the subway today. It must be literally uninhabitable down there.

Lulubop

Chilling in my AC. I can't play video games though because the power will go off.

Also Waterbugs out in full force and they flying, I just wanna die.

eot

Banned
There are threads complaining about the weather in NYC in both winter and summer. You guys must be miserable.

TheFatOne

We got one a one day break in Massachusetts. Today it's been low 80s and relatively low humidity. Tomorrow it's going to be back at 90+ with a real feel close to 100. Feels bad man.

Edit: Should have been a little more specific. Eastern Mass. particularly northeastern Mass. Really nice day today. Tomorrow is going to suck balls again.

Spent my day in a Best Buy doing home work for my wife. It was very nice inside. In term of places you can stay all day without people bothering you, I rate Target food court > Starbucks > Best Buy

I hate summer despite being born in June.

I'm just laying down on the floor... The heights is too crazy hot... Someone getting stabbed or shot today.

Ovid

Spent my day in a Best Buy doing home work for my wife. It was very nice inside. In term of places you can stay all day without people bothering you, I rate Target food court > Starbucks > Best Buy

I found this post funny.

So none of their associates approached you?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
There are threads complaining about the weather in NYC in both winter and summer. You guys must be miserable.

It didn't used to be this bad. There's just something about the last 5 or 6 years that's been killing us. Hell, this summer has been more like a Florida summer than a NYC summer.

It wasn't always like this. Global warming, yo.

Hell yes, why we gotta suffer first? We been going green, why not one of them states that's all coal powered?

i just had one of those zod type interruptions on cable saying severe thunderstorm warnings in a bunch of counties, including mine.

PoopRiot

Just moved to central NY from Georgia. Thought the weather was awesome in comparison. This weekend has sucked though, it's been hotter than normal and won't stop raining. Glad I picked a place with central AC.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
You bitches stay in air conditioning all day and never walk more than 10ft.

I can attest I would barely go outside over summer breaks, the heat and humidity was jus too much.

Anecdotal but most kids in my city me included seemed to only venture outside to reach someone's pool.

Though I did summer track one year and literally passed out after a couple hours of working out. Was keeping hydrated too, but my body just shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom