• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's going to be hot out N.E. US GAF. Stay inside with AC if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in that danger zone and it is probably the worst I've ever experienced. It's nearing Dubai in July levels of heat and humidity.
100 degrees in NYC is exponentially more hellish than 125 in Southern California.

The humidity absolutely destroys you.
This. People need to learn the difference between dry heat and humidity

Even western NY has been brutal hot with high humidity, pretty much 90 degrees with over 75% humidity for days now. Also for anyone doing work or activity outside make sure to stay hydrated already saw some people get heat illnesses the past few weeks.

In NYC. This weather suuuucks. Our five year anniversary is today and to top it off my wife is five months pregnant so she's warm enough as it is. Can't go anywhere outside haha. :/

Liljagare

Gold Member
Meanwhile, northern Sweden allready had its first snow and frost.

I hate the short summers, but dang, that temp is nasty. :p

i'm using the intense here in NJ to prepare for my trip to Disney World the first week of September.

Figure I should try and go out and do some walking around for a while so I'm used to flesh melting temps and humidity.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I had to pick up my car at a dealership. It was left out in the hot sun.

The car reported it was 117 degrees out.

wOJW4e8.gif

Dogs can't even sweat man.

I'm in that danger zone and it is probably the worst I've ever experienced. It's nearing Dubai in July levels of heat and humidity.

This. People need to learn the difference between dry heat and humidity

To a point. I've been in Vegas when it was 110+. I'll take 97 with 50% humidity thanks.

Another New Yorker here, and I can indeed feel the heat and humidity. Im already not a fan of summers in the city, but after this month, Im gonna have an even greater appreciation for the fall.

gdt

AC? Dun got one of those.

Personally I think the worst thing in all of this is the weather reporting calling for rain every day... and then there is none. Like do I risk putting out the money to go swimming and then it pours 5 minutes after I get there or do I not go an sit home high & dry like I did today -_-?
How do you live up here without an ac?

Jedi2016

Mid-90s, huh? That's cute. We've had triple digits here in central Texas for the last week. Heat indexes north of 110. Welcome to the club.

DC area here and I'm At my rooftop pool now. Real feel is 108. There's a strong breeze so it doesn't feel like it and the pool is nice and cold but when the breeze pauses, you feel it. I can confirm that it is indeed very hot.

slider

How's it feel in the evenings? Comfortable enough to meet up with friends for a drink or two?

I'm flying into NYC tomorrow and damn... I'm not good with the sun.

Regiruler

I had a company picnic yesterday. Even at 8 at night out in the countryside it was 90 and humid as an armpit.

I had to stay still enough so I generated minimal internal heat in an effort to cool myself.

DC's always humid in the summer so nothing abnormal except the extremely high base temp. We usually have a few of these periods each year though.

High heat is definitely worse in compact cities like here, NY and Philly since that concrete holds the heat. High humidity at nighttime is the worst though.

I was in Southern CA recently and could stay outside in 90+ degree weather without breaking a sweat.

DC area here and I'm At my rooftop pool now. Real feel is 108. There's a strong breeze so it doesn't feel like it and the pool is nice and cold but when the breeze pauses, you feel it. I can confirm that it is indeed very hot.

You must be in VA on a building that high (think you said 23rd floor earlier)...there is no breeze ground level and if so it's not doing anything.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Made the mistake of walking around in the sun for 20 minutes, and now I'm sunburned all over my shoulders and neck.

Dammit, NYC.

sikkinixx

the least coast stays losing. I'll take potential earthquakes and insane housing prices over the hellscape that is the east coast during summer.... and during winter.

Kibbles

Not even close. SoCal humidity is nothing in comparison to the east coast hellscape. A layover in Jersey was enough to make me question people's sanity for actually living there. I literally could not do it.

Thank goodness for Colorado, fuck humidity.
Yeah I was worried when it was in the 100s during my trip to Vegas earlier this summer but it actually felt a lot better than the 80-90s here in Wisconsin lol fuck humidity.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
It's So Hot Out Cockroaches Might Start Flying in NYC
All American cockroaches have wings and the ability to take flight, but don't typically do so unless they're in humid climates. It's a common sight in the Deep South, where some call the flying roaches "palmetto bugs." The term comes from the bugs' tendency to hang out in -- and fly out of -- palmetto and palm trees.
RIP

You must be in VA on a building that high (think you said 23rd floor earlier)...there is no breeze ground level and if so it's not doing anything.

Yup, Arlington. Having the pool on the rooftop really is clutch. Also dangerous; sometimes makes you forget you're being cooked alive.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Still hot an dry! It rained for 1 minute yesterday but yeah... keep up the good work summer! Even if I am sitting here feeling kinda sick lol. Got alot to make up for since 2014/2015 summers were crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom