• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's going to be hot out N.E. US GAF. Stay inside with AC if you can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chococat

Lmao hot? Hot? Try southern cali where we get up to 125.

Don't you have an "it's raining, what do I do GAF" thread to be in? ;)

It is hot for us people who are also accustomed to below zero with plus wind chills.

The humidity has been terrible this year in SE Michigan. Damn it, just rain. There have been year when it has hit 100 without humidity that have felt better than this.

Went out for lunch and it was hot and humid as fuck out there. Next week is supposed to start cooling down, it can't come soon enough.

Dominator

Its so fucking hot in NJ right now. I got to work at 9am this morning, and walked out on break at 2pm and I was unleashed to this heat. Then I got in my car and it was even hotter. Sweat was pouring down my face within a few minutes.

I hate this.

Montreal here, once again it was 88 and humid as hell inside my tiny, AC less apartment last night which prevented me from falling asleep until like 3 AM.

I wonder how the same situation (big city, small place, no AC) down south compares with its scorching hot, yet dryer climate.

Don't you have an "it's raining, what do I do GAF" thread to be in? ;)

It is hot for us people who are also accustomed to below zero with plus wind chills.

The humidity has been terrible this year in SE Michigan. Damn it, just rain. There have been year when it has hit 100 without humidity that have felt better than this.

It doesn't really rain where I live, mostly its in the LA or SD area. I live right on the lowest part of the valley. And it is hot as hell.. We do get humidity as well onve in a while..

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I live in the NY area deathzone. I have an outdoor wedding to go to tomorrow. Pray for me.

Culex

Banned
This shit sucks. 110 heat index in Connecticut. Worst I've experienced since I was in the desert in Afghanistan!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Christ, I may not even go in my pool as that will likely be super warm if it's that hot out. Praise the Central Air gods.

shoot! i forgot tomorrow i have to go to nintendo world, uniqlo, m$m factory and muji..

why'd it have to be so hot this weekend!!

i wanted to go to forbidden planet but screw that... i'm out after those stores.

DirtyLarry

Central NJ here and my dog, who loves being outside even if hot weather, walked out in the yard about a foot, peed (which he usually goes at least 25 feet, he never pees by the door) and immediately turned around to come in. He was panting for at least 5 additional minutes. Have to admit it had me a bit freaked out (the panting part), as I have never seen him react that quickly without doing anything.

WedgeX

Banned
Christ, I may not even go in my pool as that will likely be super warm if it's that hot out. Praise the Central Air gods.

A pool would be great. Man why did I come back to DC after being in a Great Lake this week. My little frigidaire wall unit is doing some good work.

NYC has been unbearable. The subway stations are death pits.

And all next week are supposed to be thunderstorms. Just great.

I cant wait until its fucking October

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Being in the NYC subway today during rush hour is going to be so, so bad, and quite literally dangerous.

I walked down to the subway this morning and saw tons of people standing outside the turnstiles. Red Flag 1. Saw hordes of people standing on the platform and no train, hence the standing outside the turnstiles. Red Flag 2. Conductor said "nope, no problems on the 7 train this morning". F-ing liar. Red Flag 3. Stood and waited in the subway oven for 10 minutes while 3 packed trains went by. Got to work soaked. Can't wait to do the same in reverse tonight.

"Lol! You'll be begging me to come back soon. You will bend your knee to me."e

-winter

"I think I'll make you guys wait a bit more. Gotta make an example out you guys. Ya know, really seal the deal."

-winter

"Fucking hell. sucks for you guys!"

-winter

LOL!!!

....currently at work.....save me GAF!!!

Rainy

Banned
CprxwDYUEAAIMSa.jpg:large

Cprxwb8UsAAqVy0.jpg:large

Cprxw93VMAEaH4F.jpg:large

Yep, made the mistake of trying to smoke, quickly hurried back inside while uttering "fuck this" not even half way in. Central Jersey here.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
AC? Dun got one of those.

Personally I think the worst thing in all of this is the weather reporting calling for rain every day... and then there is none. Like do I risk putting out the money to go swimming and then it pours 5 minutes after I get there or do I not go an sit home high & dry like I did today -_-?

in nj

do i go to the beach tomorrow

I see rain in the forecast

dbd57bcbb3fff7245025a39061012200.png

Personally I think the worst thing in all of this is the weather reporting calling for rain every day... and then there is none. Like do I risk putting out the money to go swimming and then it pours 5 minutes after I get there or do I not go an sit home high & dry like I did today -_-?

EXACTLY MY ISSUE

Mully

AC? Dun got one of those.

Download a radar app.

Espada

You could practically drink the air in Washington Heights today, with the 181st street station being absolutely absurd. It felt like a goddamn oven down there, and to make matters worse one of the train cars had no AC. The people who took two steps into that car immediately moved into the one I was in.

Its been disgusting the past few days. Thought a storm was going to hit lower manhattan (I'm in the West Village) a little while ago but nothing happened. ...good.. lol For work reasons I hate big downpours.

I cannot imagine how bad subway stations are.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Guys it's killing me....I can't take it. The fucking heat is terrible in and of itself, but the humidity caused by the fucking on and off rain. Fuck global warming! ಥ_ಥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom