• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

McNei1y

Why was Punk asking those questions... YOU KNOW SHE'S CRAZY.

But damn, AJ is hot... But damn she needs to get out of that GM role or something. Oh well, I did enjoy tonight. There was a lot of wrestling and that's fine by me. We need more special matches other than Teddy's favorite Tag Team match.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Yeah, I don't think I can do three hours of Raw every week either. It wasn't a terrible show or anything, it just felt like it went on forever.

Ithil

Sounds like I missed a great RAW tonight.
I'm assuming I'll be able to see all of D.Brine's memorable schtick in a 5-minute YouTube video and nothing else is worth watching. Am I right?

Actually he had a good 20 minute match with Sheamus, and overall Bryan was onscreen for about 50-55 minutes of the night, more than anyone else. There was a good Sandow segment, a decent tag match, a good Punk promo at the start, a really funny AW comment during a tag match, and lots of recaps, which was the low points.

Overall a decent show, with a crap ton more wrestling than last week's.

McNei1y

Honestly the show didn't feel too long to me. If anything I appreciated the extra D Bry segments and slightly longer matches.

You know what's weird, I got a Attitude feeling at some of the show tonight, even though it was an hour longer... but it was all because of Bryan's extra segments AND his street fight with Sheamus.

Ithil

I have to say though, I don't like AJ in the GM role so far, it doesn't really suit her at all. Suit aside.

I'd rather she, like, wrestled, being a wrestler. She's only 25, the GM role shouldn't be for someone that young, it should be for people who are't active wrestlers anymore.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So they spend all show trying to cast doubt as to Punks true intentions, and then he goes out and confirms his turn in the last 10 seconds. Wierd.

So, new theme, new belt after Summerslam?

They need this beauty back.

undisputed_belt.jpg

cant believe after all these years they stuck with the cena belt. That should be only for cena too.

Alucard

Banned
Yeah, I don't think I can do three hours of Raw every week either. It wasn't a terrible show or anything, it just felt like it went on forever.

I felt the same. I just felt like I wasted a load of time that I could've spent on taking a shower and going to bed. Heh.

How is everyone else feeling after three hours of this shit?

OT August of "You watch 3 hours of this shit now, GAF?"

I liked that raw lots of actual wrestling and not so much goofy stuff. They even beat down Brodus Clay. Bryan in lots of segments and it looks like they might actually go through with Punk vs Rock at RR

So, Daniel Bryan was the highlight for me. Fantastic match considering he was up against Irish Cena, he really gave Sheamus a run for his lucky charms.

And the segments screamed WWF Attitude.

The show wasn't bad, but as others have said, it's just too damn long. The Bryan segments were great, Punk was fantastic, but mostly everything else was just OK at best. One week into AJ being GM and I already hate it.

Feels like i've been watching Raw for half the day and that choke hold for a quarter, bear hug too. Those two spots were obvious time wasters... they had too much time left on the clock and had to kill it.

Pretty good Raw overall. It was so long that you kind of forget some of the good moments the first two hours and only the last hour or so is fresh in your mind.

I have to say though, I don't like AJ in the GM role so far, it doesn't really suit her at all. Suit aside.

I'd rather she, like, wrestled, being a wrestler. She's only 25, the GM role shouldn't be for someone that young, it should be for people who are't active wrestlers anymore.

But women's wrestling is bad.

I love her as GM because she's hot and pulls sexy "deal with it" faces. That's enough for me.

Ithil

I like what they're doing with Punk, and please, stop teasing a Bryan/Kane feud, and just let it happen already.

Looks like it'll be Bryan/Kane at Summerslam, but in the context of Kane representing Charlie Sheen.

Classic WWE taking a really obvious feud or angle to do, but doing it in a really bizarre, roundabout way that misses a lot of the point of the original idea.

There will be a rematch, but no briefcase is needed for that really. The contract doesn't allow it either way, he cashed it in and lost it (BTW NAYSAYERS, BETTER RECOGNISE CENA LOSING!).

AJ as GM will be interesting, her continued presence on Raw will be fun and her bipolar character will be great against heels and faces, so that should be fun.

Sheen vs Bryan is not needed, so lets hope Sheen picks a champion to compete for him or there's a tag-match. Maybe Kane/Sheen vs. Bryan/Rhodes?

It may have just been a one-off encounter. But if not: God. Damn. You.

Kaladin

Raw wasn't all bad this week, got a good half hour of Daniel Bryan.

I'm gonna watch Deep Space Nine now. I'm almost done with season six of my run through of that show.

The show wasn't bad, but as others have said, it's just too damn long. The Bryan segments were great, Punk was fantastic, and mostly everything else was just OK at best. One week into AJ being GM and I already hate it.

Is anyone surprised? You're like the head honcho of hate around these parts.

Looks like it'll be Bryan/Kane at Summerslam, but in the context of Kane representing Charlie Sheen.

Classic WWE taking a really obvious feud or angle to do, but doing it in a really bizarre, roundabout way that misses a lot of the point of the original idea.

Most of the time they "Can't" have the celebrity in the ring out of fear they might get hurt or the celebrity doesn't want to get in the ring at all.

Ithil

I definitely was feeling the length. I give them props for filling time reasonably well (apart from the constant recaps but that's nothing new) with actual matches and solid backstage stuff, but the sheer length is going to wear on you eventually.

That said, crap tons of Bryan, Punk back on top, some attention given to Jericho/Ziggler, as well as a Sandow push (at the expense of Brodus Clay no less) and Tyson Kidd on RAW, I can't complain about those. Touts were terrible, but they only had about a minute or two's screentime overall so whatever.

It's a trade-off, they can't live without their recaps and commericals, so if this is how I get proper length matches every week and more attention given to the roster as a whole, I guess I can deal with the more exhausting length.

Raw was alright but nothing spectacular. Enjoyed enough about it but it did feel a bit too long. I liked the crazy Bryan segments especially with him punting Little Jimmy. Most of the matches were good too.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

It would be so stupid to have Kane represent Sheen, but a Kane/Bryan feud needs to happen. They've been subtly building it up for months now, and it would be an easy way to get AJ involved (who sucks as GM, I miss crazy AJ). They just need to have HBK or Edge or someone be the commissioner and do both RAW & SD, and call it a day.

Top Bottom