• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

It looks like they are gonna go with longer matches instead of jobber matches which should make the roster look better. Even the Heath Slater match wasn't a complete jobber match he actually got offense in.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
People are turning on aj already? Its about time. That skipping shit got old as fuck really soon

Alucard

Banned
Like Heavy, I also feel like I've been watching Raw for half the day. It just feels way too long, and as much as I'd love to dedicate so much time to it, I just don't think life will allow me to do it.

Good things:
-Bryan/Sheamus match
-Christian/Jericho vs. Miz/Ziggler
-AJ in a suit
-Punk's opening
-Kobe joke
-AJ/Bryan story progression
-Punk on commentary
-Tyson Kidd

Bad or "Blah" moments:
-Randy Orton. Bland.
-Prince Albert. Blah.
-Cena vs. Show of rest holds so Show doesn't pass out.
-End of Sheamus' back room promo.
-Raw recap to the max.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Well lets just say that's the last time I watch it live. I assume fast forwarding through recaps, commercials, and maybe even a john cena promo and match will make it a lot more watchable.

The longer matches for the tag team and street fight matches really made them feel more impactful, but I worry, if we get 2 very long matches like that per week, that long matches will lose their novelty and just end up making this long Raw even longer. And obviously they were wasting time with recapping the HHH thing twice. I don't know why they couldn't just remove the first one and just remove the overrun this time.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
People are turning on aj already? Its about time. That skipping shit got old as fuck really soon
It's not about turning on her. It's just that they took away what made her most interesting. She's a great female wrestler with great acting skills and a fine personality. Now, she's just a generic authority figure who makes up obvious matches that everyone saw coming.

Actually he had a good 20 minute match with Sheamus, and overall Bryan was onscreen for about 50-55 minutes of the night, more than anyone else. There was a good Sandow segment, a decent tag match, a good Punk promo at the start, a really funny AW comment during a tag match, and lots of recaps, which was the low points.

Overall a decent show, with a crap ton more wrestling than last week's.
What did he say? Was it the "yo mama" comment?

Ithil

The GM is a thankless and mostly pointless role, and I don't like AJ being stuck there so early in her career. The days of a proper heel authority figure are long gone, you're not going to get Eric Bischoff type stuff again.

These days, all the GM usually does, is confirm that preceding segments are indeed leading to a match that night, or next week, or at a PPV.

AJ's buzz will also get killed by this, frankly, she'll make the most of it, but it's a terrible role.

Mengetsu

What did he say? Was it the "yo mama" comment?

Titus O'Neil tangled with Kofi Kingston in a singles match, A.W. yelled from ringside, "Titus O'Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado hotel room. He's unstoppable!!"

In 2003, Bryant was accused of sexual assault after having sex with a hotel employee in Colorado. In September 2004, prosecutors dropped the case after his accuser refused to testify. A civil suit was later filed and settled out of court.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It's not about turning on her. It's just that they took away what made her most interesting. She's a great female wrestler with great acting skills and a fine personality. Now, she's just a generic authority figure who makes up obvious matches that everyone saw coming.

Not gonna deny that she's a good wrestler. And the crazy gimmick is ok, but the skipping thing got old superquick, and I have no patience for joke gimmicks that turn stale.(that includes hornswaggle and santino)

Like Heavy, I also feel like I've been watching Raw for half the day. It just feels way too long, and as much as I'd love to dedicate so much time to it, I just don't think life will allow me to do it.

Good things:
-Bryan/Sheamus match
-Christian/Jericho vs. Miz/Ziggler
-AJ in a suit
-Punk's opening
-Kobe joke
-AJ/Bryan story progression
-Punk on commentary
-Tyson Kidd

Bad or "Blah" moments:
-Randy Orton. Bland.
-Prince Albert. Blah.
-Cena vs. Show of rest holds so Show doesn't pass out.
-End of Sheamus' back room promo.
-Raw recap to the max.
I feel like we may lose a few wrasslegaffers during the next few weeks. They'll put up a fight and give it their all to hang in there and watch all 3 hours but eventually they'll start missing the first half hour or something, then maybe that'll turn into an hour, then they might not start tuning in till 10, eventually just the overrun, then finally nothing at all, they'll be gone forever.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The GM is a thankless and mostly pointless role, and I don't like AJ being stuck there so early in her career. The days of a proper heel authority figure are long gone, you're not going to get Eric Bischoff type stuff again.

These days, all the GM usually does, is confirm that preceding segments are indeed leading to a match that night, or next week, or at a PPV.

AJ's buzz will also get killed by this, frankly, she'll make the most of it, but it's a terrible role.

I'm with you. AJ is awesome, but put her in business clothing and reducing her to just announcing upcoming matches is doing nothing for me. It might get better if she starts making completely off the wall nonsensical matches because she's crazy, or if she starts making decisions based off crushes. Making her into a female Teddy Long is not the right direction to take her. If you don't want her character to mess with the card then don't make her GM.

BlazinAm

They were lapping it up because it was enjoyable. Changing her to a GM role is silly and doesn't play to her strengths at all.

No quite, i would say that Steph was not a good gm at first, lots of cheap attention whoring tricks that kinda made your eyes roll. I think AJ is fine but a bit vanilla right now.

Top Bottom