• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin |OT| The Game, The Kane, The Pain, and The Insane (AJ)

Alucard

Banned
I feel like we may lose a few wrasslegaffers during the next few weeks. They'll put up a fight and give it their all to hang in there and watch all 3 hours but eventually they'll start missing the first half hour or something, then maybe that'll turn into an hour, then they might not start tuning in till 10, eventually just the overrun, then finally nothing at all, they'll be gone forever.

Slippery slope? I doubt it. Some will probably watch the replays and fast forward, and others will just watch the top of the hour stuff, while others will catch highlights on youtube or something. I'll probably read about it more than anything. Today was an exception, and I actually got to watch it all.

Ithil

I'm with you. AJ is awesome, but put her in business clothing and reducing her to just announcing upcoming matches is doing nothing for me. It might get better if she starts making completely off the wall nonsensical matches because she's crazy, or if she starts making decisions based off crushes. Making her into a female Teddy Long is not the right direction to take her. If you don't want her character to mess with the card then don't make her GM.

You also waste her potential. They don't have any other Divas like her, that are small, good at wrestling, great at promos/acting, etc.

Anyone can be the GM role, as it is now. It's a waste of a great young talent, it'd be like putting Dolph or someone in the GM role, it's not what they should be doing.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
ibhU3swgCHNUVw.png

BlazinAm

You also waste her potential. They don't have any other Divas like her, that are small, good at wrestling, great at promos/acting, etc.

Anyone can be the GM role, as it is now. It's a waste of a great young talent, it'd be like putting Dolph or someone in the GM role, it's not what they should be doing.

I think that when Del Rey comes in to train the divas then they start paying attention to them. But to put AJ in the Divas camp is kinda of a demotion in way and the AJ-Bryan-Punk angle is over so what to you do. They gave AJ so much air time with that angle so why not.

Week 1 Of DVRaw Episode 1,001

Everything went....exactly as expected. Show's too long, mang, even fast forwarding through most of it. Everything with Bryan was pretty good, Punk was solid (though too cowardly heelish at the end, ugh), Sexy Beasts vs. Mizggler was solid, and I can't remember anything else. The recaps were CRAZY though. I THINK I UNDERSTAND WHY HHH AND BORK ARE HAVING A FIGHT OK JEEZ LEAMME ALONE ALREADY.

Overall...ehhh. It was Raw, but longer. I'll miss dropping jewels of greatness and zingers in here while the show's actually on, but I can't watch this live in fear of losing my sanity.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I think that when Del Rey comes in to train the divas then they start paying attention to them. But to put AJ in the Divas camp is kinda of a demotion in way and the AJ-Bryan-Punk angle is over so what to you do. They gave AJ so much air time with that angle so why not.

Del Rey isn't any better than Nattie. I doubt that's going to change anything.

Mengetsu

Punk fan on tumblr:

Punk is more valuable then they realize. they need to understand that he is the best at what he does and that he can do it day in and day out. He never botches he makes ANYONE look good in the ring. He is on point on the mic and we hunger for him on commentary.

HOW MANY WRESTLERS OUT THERE MAKE PEOPLE EXCITED ABOUT TALKING ABOUT A MATCH INSTEAD OF BEING IN THE MATCH.

yet he still plays second fiddle? I love you Cena but you need to step back for a second. Once upon a time WWE Championship Matches were the last match on the card.

I don’t want to be a son of a bitch but part of me is thinking that they do this to punk because maybe…..he is actually a Cruiserweight. Think about it, If that division was still around I don’t think Punk would have so many runs the main titles. Maybe after a long long while.

I don’t know…….

Punks great

end of rant.

BlazinAm

Del Rey isn't any better than Nattie. I doubt that's going to change anything.

I think the divas that need training are the ones that are with Clay, that gimmick can't last forever right?

On a another divas note, why are they giving Kelly Kelly a five year contract? Wtf is up with that.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well I'm rather certain that Tout and twitter is why they went with AJ as GM. You get someone you can keep acting as "not fully confident and needs help", so they can constantly do this "vote for the matches" nonsense, while still being liked by most of the fans. So many keep complimenting AJ Lee on her acting skills, might as well put it where they can make the most of it.

I rather see her just wrestling as well as she is amazingly talented and was fun to watch in WSU and FCW, but there is some merit to her in this role. Plus as Kurt Angle and Regal showed, being GM doesn't mean you can't wrestle.

As for Punk. I liked it better when Biker Undertaker did it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's hard to legit believe a guy like Punk demanding respect. He's such a little guy. He's basically the Chickenhawk. He works a lot better as an evil mastermind.

I also like it better when Stone Cold did it. MY NAME IS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. I AM THE WWF CHAMPION.

It's hard to legit believe a guy like Punk demanding respect. He's such a little guy. He's basically the Chickenhawk. He works a lot better as an evil mastermind.

I also like it better when Stone Cold did it. MY NAME IS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN. I AM THE WWF CHAMPION.

These new guys aren't about that life.

Aku-Audi

I didn't get to watch but did they keep on showing embarrassing Touts with people who take this stuff way too seriously on TV? That is an instant channel changer for me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Punk is a cult leader, he constantly calls himself the best the world. Him demanding respect isn't believable for his character? That I don't get at all considering how he has always acted and the business always being "to be the man, you've got to beat the man" and other such sayings.

Anger management. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.

And whoever wrote those Bryan psych eval. segments needs a raise and should be promoted to head (only) writer. Those segments were way too good for Raw in 2012. If it was Vince, well he obviously took his meds for one week of the year.

Guys.

I have a tag now.

I AM FINALLY WHOLE.

Heh, were did you get it?

G-Fex

You know what would be more successful?

A petition to get you off of GAF.

So, it would be KOG vs. GAF?

You can't get rid of me, I'm the partyman, I like to party like nobody can.

You and Kane are out of style and out of touch.

Bye bye Soulplaya.

Say hi to Frankman for me.

McNei1y

And whoever wrote those Bryan psych eval. segments needs a raise and should be promoted to head (only) writer. Those segments were way too good for Raw in 2012. If it was Vince, well he obviously took his meds for one week of the year.

Definitely. It was vintage Raw.

In other words, just go in there and pretend it's an episode of Raw.

I'm quoting you again, but yes. If this thread was followed by Mods/tag fishing thread, I think there would be tags left and right.

McNei1y

KOG doesn't stand a chance. I would have the support of practically all of SportsGAF behind me.

KOG was going to be a Nats fan before some hostility arose and forced him to revoke his decision. I'm staying neutral. I'm like the Shawn Michaels of the Triple H / Undertaka WM match.

G-Fex

You're insane Soulplaya

Just cause you got NBA gaf behind you ? SMH

I got Baltimore-gaf behind me.

And Milwakee gaf behind me.

You're through , i'm rubbing you out see? Nyeh

McNei1y

You're going to feel great when you count the pin, and raise my arm in victory.

"So now you're going to tell me how to feel? You don't even know what a victory is! All you do is lose. You're a loser! I think you've lost your touch. I think he's lost his touch, KOG."

Top Bottom